• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Supahot 1.03

A short summary:
  • higher resolution on PS4 Pro and slightly higher on normal PS4
  • recentering has been reworked, it won't recenter at every level launch
  • added ring marker as a reference point for tracking zone (press OPTIONS button to see it)
  • decreased levels loading times
  • fixed bug with spawning in white hacker room
  • minor other bugs fixed
Nice. I'm glad they patched it. Will check out on Pro now.

Have any of you guys tried using darbee with psvr? It would greatly help the iq on those blurry vr games.

darbeecompare.jpg

darbee-lizards.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
http://kotaku.com/people-are-falling-in-love-with-a-video-game-mouse-who-1797534518

This game is getting a lot of attention from major sites. Let's pray it won't go down the Theseus road.

*moss
OMG, this is simply wonderful about the sign language inclusion and animations! I'll buy & support this out of principle now most likely.
Nice!! I am pumped to check it out too!
2ouDWXa.gif

Edit:
Have any of you guys tried using darbee with psvr? It would greatly help the iq on those blurry vr games.
Is that the same as those mCables HDMI upscalers with chips on them? I've seen a bunch of youtube vids on those and some say it really does make the picture more clearer but I'm not 100% sold yet. And they're expensive.

Planet

Looking at those pictures, which probably originated from DARBEE advertising, I can already call it bullshit. The first picture is supposed to be the source material of which the cable magically extrapolates the second one? Absolutely impossible, just check those fine hairs around the eyes, the detail is simply not there.

That is assuming it is such an "uspcaling cable" and I am not missing a point here.

ISee

darbeecompare.jpg

darbee-lizards.jpg

Looks like post process sharpening. Which can help if applied carefully and in the right situation, but often enough leads to a more corny and bad looking IQ. Not sure if it would be useful for VR because of warping and PSVRs frame reprojection.

grendelrt

Darbee upscale are are actually extremely well regarded in home theater usage for movies but I don't think they would work well with psvr. Part of the issue with softness and aliasing on psvr is due to resolution and view distance, sharpening that may just make it look worse.

Planet

Very cool! Also didn't know those devs are Germans like I am. Sorry, wife, I know I already bought some games I haven't played yet, but I need to support domestic developers!

majik13

Honestly don't know. I'm optimistic for wireless (or maybe Sony actually will release that wired rotating chair they patented), I suspect retina tracking might be a little further away?

I know retina tracking exists, but no idea if they can get it into a vr unit at a reasonable price and with enough accuracy for gameplay.

Id say Eye tracking is way more feasible than wireless. I think even Sony PSVR devs have said the exact same thing. Wireless has so many hurdles to overcome. Latency, IQ, battery power, etc. Eye tracking pretty much already exists.

Building on that, the company's also interested in affecting the virtual world around you with gaze tracking. Mallinson spoke about using the direction the player was looking to change the virtual world around them. You might stare at a character, for example, who might become uncomfortable after continued surveillance. Note his wording doesn't specifically say eye-tracking, which would give games more accurate info about where a user is looking, but would require an upgrade on the hardware front.
https://youtu.be/1wcIzn1sFE4?t=2367

I think sometime after E3, they said wireless isnt really feasible yet in the short term, but cant find that comment now.

Id say Eye tracking is way more feasible than wireless. I think even Sony PSVR devs have said the exact same thing. Wireless has so many hurdles to overcome. Latency, IQ, battery power, etc. Eye tracking pretty much already exists.

https://youtu.be/1wcIzn1sFE4?t=2367

I think sometime after E3, they said wireless isnt really feasible yet in the short term, but cant find that comment now.
It wasn't Sony itself that said that, but a developer who worked on Farpoint.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1404919

bumpkin

FYI, Rez Infinite is on sale for $17.99 (40% off). The demo didn't blow my mind, but I know a lot of people have gushed about "Area X" or whatever in the game. Great price if you were on the fence.

ChouGoku

Did the tracking improve in Superhot as well, I felt amazing tonight. This shit is insane I feel like I have the style of a 3rd person character game yet its all first person. Getting active and having enemies move faster while going on a streak in endless mode is almost zen like.

Long shot, but is there any chance of Doom VFR supporting Aim?

Having played Farpoint with smooth turning I think that traditional dual-stick FPS controls combined with the tracked gun controller is a literal game changer. I'd love to play Doom like that, but what I've heard so far is that it's going to use teleportation.

Be interesting to know what proportion of players use comfort settings, and whether that proportion will change over time as people get conditioned to VR.

ckohler

Superhot is improved on Pro. There is still aliasing on the edges of objects but the a resolution increase helps.

Tracking appears to be the same. To be brutually honest, it's one of the poorer Move games when it comes to tracking. Games ported from PC seem to always have it worst. However, it's still fully playable and feels awesome. Just expect your hands to loose tracking now and again.

MattAces

Is this thread worthy? Just to show that this is an actual game.

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV isn't just a spin-off of Final Fantasy XV, but it's an actual game in its own right. Every experience the team had in their trips can be found in the game, besides waiting for several hours to catch a fish.
The game is more than just a fishing game.
The first reason for that is the controls. In order to research on them, the team went fishing in the Yokohama Bay, and used the Kingslaive: Final Fantasy XV Character Supervisor Kazuaki Iwasawa as a consultant, since he is a fishing expert who even creates his own rods, and had his catches published on magazines.
https://youtu.be/8qRv6c3cFqE
Fishing also involves serenity and enjoying the scenery. In the game you can find elements of real fishing like the splashing of the fish on the surface, and more cultural elements like showing off the fishes you capture, and even take selfies with the fish.

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-14.jpg

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-22.jpg

There are several play modes: story mode, free mode (with unlimited free roam in each location) and mobhunts. Mobhunts let you earn money to enhance your fishing gear. There are more modes than those, and they will be announced at a later time.
MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-16-670x373.jpg

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-18.jpg

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-19.jpg

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-20.jpg

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-21.jpg

The game includes boss fights, and three were revealed today. You can feel huge impacts when you try to fish them, and they actually look like fish. Each is unique in the way it plays.
MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-24.jpg

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-25.jpg

MonsterOfTheDeepFFXV-26.jpg

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV will release worldwide in September 2017. It's not a DLC, and will be distributed as its own game. It'll launch exclusively on PS4 and PS4 Pro, with PlayStation VR required and PlayStation Move optional, but ”highly recommended."
https://www.facebook.com/PlayStationAsia/videos/1652713758094623/

Would have been nice if fishing gear / items would transfer into the main game and vice versa.
Also the FFXV team wasting days with real life fishing explains so much!

Sportsbar vr isn't too expensive at the moment and I like the idea of getting virtual online gaming going

How populated is it though? Is it likely I'll even get into a bar with another person at this point?

The amount of glitched trophies in Superhot VR is really annoying. The chosen one and Sniper both glitched on me and that is with the latest patch. At least it wasn't glitched on the speedrun real time trophy.

KalBalboa

Banned
Superhot VR post-patch certainly looks sharper! I'm glad they turned that patch around so quickly.

I tried out Scavenger's Odyssey tonight. I nearly lost my lunch after twenty minutes. That might be more nauseating than Here They Lie.

DagsJT

I'm really not sure why I bought RE7. I only played about 10 mins, literally just got into the house and walked upstairs, before I couldn't handle the tension of waiting for a jump scare and I noped out of the game.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm really not sure why I bought RE7. I only played about 10 mins, literally just got into the house and walked upstairs, before I couldn't handle the tension of waiting for a jump scare and I noped out of the game.

The game does a good job not abusing them.

Play for a solid hour. You'll get to the Resident Evilness at one point and feel at home.

ChouGoku

Its not that bad on the scares, but it builds the atmosphere like a mother fucker

Same story with me. I so want to play RE7 in VR but I just can't handle it. It'll just be a regular playthrough for me when I eventually get it.

Grinchy

Banned

Same story with me. I so want to play RE7 in VR but I just can't handle it. It'll just be a regular playthrough for me when I eventually get it.

Seriously, just play tiny chunks at a time. Even if you only make 5 minutes of progress and nope out of it. You will be so glad that you did.

I went on vacation the day Superhot released so I didn't get around to it before last night, and wow! What a game. This is what I imagined VR to be like. Will be showing this off to everyone.

The amount of glitched trophies in Superhot VR is really annoying. The chosen one and Sniper both glitched on me and that is with the latest patch. At least it wasn't glitched on the speedrun real time trophy.

yeah what the fuck man, i too had two trophies not unlock for me yesterday.. i mean i did them and got the in-game notes, but they never unlocked.

i dont care that much about trophies but in a skill-based game like Superhot it would be nice to get what i earned with my sweat and hard work.

Sportsbar vr isn't too expensive at the moment and I like the idea of getting virtual online gaming going

How populated is it though? Is it likely I'll even get into a bar with another person at this point?

dunno if its populated, but i bought it with a friend last night because it was so cheap and we wanted to try some vr multiplayer.. it was really quite fun, we basically just messed around trying to annoy each other with different objects, it was so silly. im throwing chess pieces and chairs at my friend who is trying to concentrate on darts... shit like that. and i burst out laughing when i tried to figure out how to throw darts myself and accidentally picked up the damn jukebox and held it like a dart lol. bullseye didnt count though :(

oh and ramp ball is legit addicting, we played it for like an hour, hahah. embarrassing. but hey i got a 310 score and a viking hat with horns as a reward!

Fisty

Hey, be thankful the trophy list even installed for you. I've noticed lots of little notes falling while playing but I don't even have a listing for Superhot VR on my trophy list. Going to try delete/reinstall

Zampano

Superhot looks great on Pro post patch - it's really night and day. One of my best experiences with VR though I need to tweak my set up so I have a bit more room - punched the wall a couple of times haha.

shaneo632

Just checked my gaming diary and I've just logged 100 hours in PSVR since I got it in January.

Played a bit of Fated: The Silent Oath just now. I hear it's only like an hour long, but I only paid £5 for it so I don't mind too much. Barely feels like a game but the visuals and atmosphere are pretty nice.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
What's the best method for cleaning the headset? I ordered some microfiber cloths, but I wasn't sure if I should spray it with anything or use anything else. I want to make sure I can keep it clean if people sweat using it.

Top Bottom