• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

sncvsrtoip

Apparently re4r vr will be playable at Tokyo Game Show

resident-evil-4-vr-mode-will-be-shown-and-playable-at-tokyo-v0-jh9ghs9g1lib1.jpg

Kilau

I got my prescription lenses, thanks to all the people here for recommendations. I went with HonsVR simply because they were lower profile and I didn’t want to replace frames with something else digging into my face.

What a huge improvement. Not only to comfort level but clarity and sweet spot. The sweet spot seems huge now. I don’t have to do any adjustments when I put the headset on, it’s far better than even wearing contacts. Maybe because my eyes focus better and I don’t have to blink as much, not sure.

Anyone here looked into getting an IR light? I play at night mostly so I don’t want all the lights on but I’m hoping I can flood the room with some IR for the tracking.

Resenge

I got my prescription lenses, thanks to all the people here for recommendations. I went with HonsVR simply because they were lower profile and I didn’t want to replace frames with something else digging into my face.

What a huge improvement. Not only to comfort level but clarity and sweet spot. The sweet spot seems huge now. I don’t have to do any adjustments when I put the headset on, it’s far better than even wearing contacts. Maybe because my eyes focus better and I don’t have to blink as much, not sure.

Anyone here looked into getting an IR light? I play at night mostly so I don’t want all the lights on but I’m hoping I can flood the room with some IR for the tracking.
KKCOBVR i2 Indoor Irlight Illuminator Compatible for Meta Oculus Quest 2 PSVR2 Infrared Light Enhance Sensor Tracking In The Dark is permanently connected to my quest where it works very well, it completely lights up the room when I look through passthrough in the dark.

I originally bought it to help with my light situation on the PSVR2. I have tried it with the light plugged into a powerbank and it worked, but I have not tried the PSVR2 in the dark so cannot give you a 100% guarantee it will work well, but I imagine it will.

Last edited:

Kilau

KKCOBVR i2 Indoor Irlight Illuminator Compatible for Meta Oculus Quest 2 PSVR2 Infrared Light Enhance Sensor Tracking In The Dark is permanently connected to my quest where it works very well, it completely lights up the room when I look through passthrough in the dark.

I originally bought it to help with my light situation on the PSVR2. I have tried it with the light plugged into a powerbank and it worked, but I have not tried the PSVR2 in the dark so cannot give you a 100% guarantee it will work well, but I imagine it will.
A light on the headset would probably work best but I don’t want to fiddle with a battery pack. I see one that has a built in battery I might try. Thanks.

sncvsrtoip

Very interesting post from reddit. Turnes out many games that has reputation of being blurry are realy low res and doest use foveated rendering at all

Last edited:

SilentUser

Very interesting post from reddit. Turnes out many games that has reputation of being blurry are realy low res and doest use foveated rendering at all

Makes tons of sense. Honestly, I want all games to be at least 90% (as Village is pretty good as it is), but 100% is preferred.

Minsc

Gold Member
I feel like it might be incorrect? Puzzling Places was always toted as being one of the sharpest games and while the textures aren't the clearest all the times, the edges of everything and details are pristine. Weird they put that one so low res.

NMS on the other hand, running at resolutions that put it below Switch games... Hahahaha.

ABnormal

Thats resolution is insane as game runs 120fps nativly

That is probably just the corresponding internal rendering resolution of the specific area (and we don't know how wide it is) that the player is looking at (and then downsampled). We don't know what resolution the remaining areas of the screen have. Extraordinary tech and solution, anyway. The result that you see is all what it matters.

Last edited:

ABnormal

I feel like it might be incorrect? Puzzling Places was always toted as being one of the sharpest games and while the textures aren't the clearest all the times, the edges of everything and details are pristine. Weird they put that one so low res.

NMS on the other hand, running at resolutions that put it below Switch games... Hahahaha.
It shows, which is a pity. I really hope they will patch it well for ps5, and that they add foveated rendering (the procedural engine may create problems for that, tough).

sncvsrtoip

That is probably just the corresponding internal rendering resolution of the specific area (and we don't know how wide it is) that the player is looking at (and then downsampled). We don't know what resolution the remaining areas of the screen have. Extraordinary tech and solution, anyway. The result that you see is all what it matters.
yes, game use foveated rendering

Haint

Games actually need to have an internal render res around 30-40% higher than native to actually be "native" as the extra resolution is required to counteract the barrel distortion and artifact correction (so around 2700x2700 per eye for PSVR2) . I'm not sure super sampling can be pixel counted off captures though. Since a VR image is magnified to such a degree (think DF's 800% zooms), you will actually see tremendous clarity and perceived resolution increases super sampling up to around +150% of a VR panels native resolution (so 5K x 5K for PSVR2), after which returns are hugely diminishing.

Last edited:
Played a bit of Call of the Mountain and I quite enjoy that game considering the divided praise it gets. It's kind of like a really long amusement ride but it's fun for what it is. Only complaint is that I have no clue what the lore of Horizon is. Everyone hates me because I'm a shadow karja 🫠. Story telling was never Guerilla's strong suite...

I have a massive VR backlog for Fall/Winter, looking forward to jumping back in.

sncvsrtoip

Games actually need to have an internal render res around 30-40% higher than native to actually be "native" as the extra resolution is required to counteract the barrel distortion and artifact correction (so around 2700x2700 per eye for PSVR2) . I'm not sure super sampling can be pixel counted off captures though. Since a VR image is magnified to such a degree (think DF's 800% zooms), you will actually see tremendous clarity and perceived resolution increases super sampling up to around +150% of a VR panels native resolution (so 5K x 5K for PSVR2), after which returns are hugely diminishing.
But for some reason red matter 2 devs saws benefits with rendering at 7480x3818 (3.5x native) ;)

Last edited:

Pelao

I hadn't paid much attention to the information on Firewall Ultra, so I didn't know it was going to come out without manual reloading. I was expecting at least a simplified version of it like RE8. I'll wait until they patch it to decide if I'll buy it.
At the moment I'm looking forward to Crossfire Sierra Squad next week, but I wonder if we'll get reviews before release.

nashman

Yes!!!! NMS has fixed the res!!!
No!!!! FWU is buggy and needs some patches. Any impressions? Glad Im holding out for Crossfire Seirra squad and decided to skip Firewall.

Markio128

Gold Member
NMS definitely looks a lot better in VR now - everything is clear and sharp, even at a distance.

It is worth noting, and it could have just been the planet I was on (lots of big dino beasties roaming around), but the fps did drop on occasion. Not a biggie tbh, and I’d take that over the blurry visuals any day of the week.

You can actually see the detail on the other races and beasties now - I hadn’t noticed the fur on some of the beasties in VR before.

Also, when you’re heading towards a building or some other site, you notice the detail from miles away, if you have a clear view. It makes it so much easier to spot landing zones when zipping about a planet in your ship.

It’s pretty awesome tbh, and I’m going to be spending good time with this game now.

Markio128

Gold Member
Oh man, I need to play NMS again! Couldn't stand the blurry low res from before (and I tried), so I'm eager to try it with foveated rendering 🤩
I haven’t played the game on the TV in ages, so I can’t say for sure, but the visuals appear much closer to the flat screen visuals now. The difference to before the patch is pretty stark tbh. The game has jumped right up alongside GT7 now for me as far as PSVR 2 games go.

drezz

Finally got too play Firewall Ultra and it was... not my cup of tea.
Aiming is icky and controllers are stuck back in 2017 and only one guy used mic and he was Japanese.
Got in one match during a hour of MM
And One team mate was afk the entire match, ruining the balance.
Not to mention the enemy team ended up camping the timer when only AFK guy was left both rounds(out of 3) making it really booring.
After getting annoyed standing around for too long I ended up launching Pavlov and going Ham in SND instead too not leave a VR session in a downer.

Firewall It still is a lobby simulator.

2/10 so far.
Will try again later, but my hopes are pretty diminished after all that.

Macaron

Banned
Im having a blast with Firewall. Same problems as the first one though. Filling a lobby takes too long and best of 3 can feel too short in game. Aiming could use a little work as well, but a new aim controller is really needed and will elevate the game a lot.

Ill give NMS a chance soon. Got bored pretty fast of it flat, hoping for more fun in VR.

Top Bottom