• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Pastry

Banned
I'm annoyed about the prizes I earnt and didn't receive. Is it reasonable to expect a delay in prize delivery, or are we talking launch day jitters?

Seems like that might have been a challenge from the beta or launch day jitters if you didn't get a prize :(

I'm annoyed about the prizes I earnt and didn't receive. Is it reasonable to expect a delay in prize delivery, or are we talking launch day jitters?

even the almight EPIC had problems with gift distribution when clashmobs came out. im sure youll get your rewards within 24 hours.

Chopper

Yup. Just enquired in the TA forums, where I kow the NB guys hang out. Got a positive response!

Dude from NimbleBit said:
It can take a few hours to calculate rewards and for your phone to pick up on them. Be patient!

Woohooooooo! HUEY!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can you mix airplane parts from other models or does it have to be the exact model to build them?

Chopper

Can you mix airplane parts from other models or does it have to be the exact model to build them?
Exact model.

And for those who are yet to work it out, for reference purposes, "P" indicates a plane that carries People, "C" carries Cargo, and "M" carries both. I think

DagsJT

My wife is going to hate me. She complained because I took my iPad everywhere around the house so I could keep on top of the Tiny Tower tasks. And now it's going to begin again.

I still don't get the missions. You just fly over to the spot it mentions or what?

im thinking so. they seem to place the events in locations you cant start at, so some work must be done. i relocated to central america. ill be lucky to have a plane that can reach calgary by the end of the week.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The game seems to have constant issues with the notification system when you put the iPhone to sleep. Hopefully that gets sorted out soon.

How soon before zygna or whoever it was rips them off with a clone? Sadly, this isn't something I want to get into. TT was annoyingly addictive but annoying

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is there no way to disable the vibration? My girlfriend is already getting annoyed by the constant buzzing.

Silent mode? I agree I hate it. There's a reason why not many games have vibration

I need about 7000 coins to get to Calgary, then I'll start rolling in those missions

QcrBm.png

speedpop

I'm really enjoying this though. Will be interesting to see if I stick with it in 2 weeks time since I stopped playing Tiny Towers within that time period.

How the hell did I miss this game! I played the hell out of Tiny Tower and I'm currently an Aircraft Dispatcher in real life. This is TOTALLY my game :) I'll be joining #GafAir tonight!

Pretty damn hyped for this game after learning about it's existence this morning through Wario's twitter feed.

Man, I've been slacking on iOS lately. But that'll change tonight!

speedpop

So is our starting location important for missions?

There are missions all over the place atm. A few in North America, one in North Africa, one in Scandinavia, one in Hawaii, one in Australia.

I like the fact that parts of the east coast of Australia are (rightfully) hitting sunrise, so my planes flying to and fro are constantly switching between night and dawn depending on how close they get to the coast.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There are missions all over the place atm. A few in North America, one in North Africa, one in Scandinavia, one in Hawaii, one in Australia.

So is the mission that shows up in the Flight Crew page different depending on where you are then?

at some point all of us will have the entire world to travel, but wouldnt it make sense to spread out so we can attack all events? my main airport is in guatemala and heading north. if anyone else started in guatemala.....head south.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
at some point all of us will have the entire world to travel, but wouldnt it make sense to spread out so we can attack all events? my main airport is in guatemala and heading north. if anyone else started in guatemala.....head south.

Yeah, probably a good strategy. I'm in the Southwest US.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
These are the next upcoming events for new comers that want to build around the mission areas

Last one is Port Hedland

The Calgary mission is 3 days though so it might be a while I guess..?

y1uuJ.png

Top Bottom