• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Pandemic

I don't get this leaderboard..

I put in GAFAIR, and it registered or whatever, so I click Leaderboard, and it has in green GAFAIR - 71 then all these other numbers.. I'm confused!

Does 71 represent how many successful flights we've done..

avcables

Banned
I don't get this leaderboard..

I put in GAFAIR, and it registered or whatever, so I click Leaderboard, and it has in green GAFAIR - 71 then all these other numbers.. I'm confused!

Does 71 represent how many successful flights we've done..

The "jobs" are probably the global events. The other numbers are the other teams and how many they've completed.

EDIT:

2012-06-13%2021.22.38.png

The events button is the probable location of the jobs.

2012-06-13%2021.22.42.png

Unfortunately you have to build an airport in these cities to even be able to score points at these events. That's why we're working on developing in separate areas as much as possible.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Apparently doens't work with the iPod Touch 2G since it doesn't feature iOS5. Too bad considering that I loved to play Tiny Tower. :-/

Pandemic

The "jobs" are probably the global events. The other numbers are the other teams and how many they've completed.

EDIT:

2012-06-13%2021.22.38.png

The events button is the probable location of the jobs.

2012-06-13%2021.22.42.png

Unfortunately you have to build an airport in these cities to even be able to score points at these events. That's why we're working on developing in separate areas as much as possible.

Oh okay, got it.

I just purchased Sydney airport, woowoo.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Still can't load flight crew, ugh.

edit: got it! Re-loaded the app and it worked.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The current mission is Calgary. You need to build a terminal there and do deliver people/packages that go to Calgary. The people/package turn blue on the jobs list if it's part of the mission. You get a point for delivering stuff there and it goes towards the flight crew so we can get that phat loot

avcables

Banned
As far as I know it's only the current event under Flight Crew. I could be wrong though.

Yea, I misunderstood the jobs as well. It's under the Flight Crew tab. Sorry!

EDIT: Plus, the jobs last for a couple days which gives you enough time to build your way out there if you haven't already. I'm almost there...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I already built a terminal in Hilo (the next mission after the current one), just need some planes with reach since it's in Hawaii

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Australia about to invade Asia!

Sydney is so damn expensive, but I really want that Perth link first for the mission.

I think I fixed my wiping issue by turning back on the notifications. Haven't had any issues since.

Fuu

Why are the cities black, blue or red? Is it related to value and size of the airport or does it mean something else?

speedpop

Why are the cities black, blue or red? Is it related to value and size of the airport or does it mean something else?

I believe so. Melbourne is transit central in Australia, and there are always people and cargo there to move about. It's the only place that is blue so far. I imagine once I unlock Sydney, it would be blue too.

avcables

Banned
Events tab

At least I hope it's the next one, lol. Or else I just wasted a slot. I think I did. I guess there are other events that go along with the global event?

The way I interpreted their system is the Events tab has both the current Global Event that adds points, in our case, to #GAFAir, and in addition to that additional events that can be completed for something that doesn't add to your Global Event score. I don't think Hilo is going to rotate up, but just expire in 9 hours.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The way I interpreted their system is the Events tab has both the current Global Event that adds points, in our case, to #GAFAir, and in addition to that additional events that can be completed for something that doesn't add to your Global Event score. I don't think Hilo is going to rotate up, but just expire in 9 hours.

Yeah, just saw the timer going down on the other events. I'm gonna fly a plane out there to see what happens. So I guess if you're not near the global event, check the events page and see if you're near the other ones

avcables

Banned
Oh... I see it now..

I have three out of five cities that have black dots. Damnit Australia!

I have airports in Iqaluit and Nuuk, both with 0.0M population, haha.

In other news, LEVEL 6!

Making my way out to Calgary now. Or not. Even my longest range plane comes just short. I'll have to wait until level 7.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What did you do to transfer?

I set up iCloud and made sure to turn on the app backup thing, then did a manual backup. I ran the app in case Gamecenter was doing something and then synced to PC. Then I downloaded the US version in iTunes and synced again without deleting the old one. Seemed to just replace it.

Apparently doens't work with the iPod Touch 2G since it doesn't feature iOS5. Too bad considering that I loved to play Tiny Tower. :-/
Not surprising, market penetration of 2GTouch/3GPhone is now below 15%, supporting it is annoying to code, and the game would still run like ass.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I set up iCloud and made sure to turn on the app backup thing, then did a manual backup. I ran the app in case Gamecenter was doing something and then synced to PC. Then I downloaded the US version in iTunes and synced again without deleting the old one. Seemed to just replace it.

I'm nervous to do that since I don't sync apps on iTunes. When I check the box, it gives me this:

CyGOg.jpg

speedpop

Another reset. This game badly needs an update to fix the notification system because the delay to get in to the game and the crashes seem to be the only thing that keeps resetting my damn game. Was up to level 6 then, but 3rd time is a charm and not going to touch this again until an update hits.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, it crashes every time I try to load from notifications. So...don't swipe the notification window to load the game

speedpop

Yeah, it crashes every time I try to load from notifications. So...don't swipe the notification window to load the game

This seems to be the biggie. Touching the screen any time while it loads may cause it to wipe. Don't be an impulsive twat like me and let the game load before touching the screen!

Maybe I'll start it up again later tonight while lying in bed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I decided to start in Japan. If I buy an airport somewhere else, how does that work? Do I need to buy a new plane for that location or do I need to be able to reach it to use it?

Fuu

Battery going to the shitter, the certainty this will be the first thing I'll check in the morning after I turn the alarm off... feels goodman.

Top Bottom