• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

Is that exclusive to Black 2? :

I want White 2 because Kyureshiram, but I prefer everything else from Black 2 (I played Black 1).
It can be traded to White 2, but it's unlocked by beating the Champion in Black 2.

However, I believe that, to use it from the start of the game rather than just the postgame, it needs to be traded to Black 2 from elsewhere.

upandaway

It can be traded to White 2, but it's unlocked by beating the Champion in Black 2.

However, I believe that, to use it from the start of the game rather than just the postgame, it needs to be traded to Black 2 from elsewhere.
Do we still know if it's duplicated or "given away"? And If a White2 that got it from Black2 can further give it away to someone else?

Because I'm not giving anyone my Challenge Mode if it means giving it up.

Do we still know if it's duplicated or "given away"? And If a White2 that got it from Black2 can further give it away to someone else?

Because I'm not giving anyone my Challenge Mode if it means giving it up.
Duplicated, IIRC. Ditto the Iceberg/Steel Keys and the Black City/ White Forest keys.

You select which key you want to apply in the main menu. I'm not sure if deleting your data deletes the keys or not, though.

Sagitario

I like Black's Opelucid much better than White's.
Tempo, instruments, rhythm, everything...

9iBst.gif

decaf

Quick Q - are Ribbons still in Black & White 2?

They were in Black and White, but I can't find any confirmation they're in 2.

QNj3b.jpg

dyreschlock

I have a few questions about these two games. I've previously played through Pokemon White and I'm wondering which of the two games I should get. (Also, I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, so sorry about that. :/ )

First off, it looks like you play as a whole new trainer with no connections to the player character in Black & White... are there any story, or world changing reasons I should choose Black 2 or White 2 given I've played through White?

Are there any elements (or specific Pokemon) that I've captured in White that would deter progress if I went with Black 2?

Or is it better that I go with Black 2, so when trading back and forth between Black 2 and White the Black City and White Forest have an opportunity to grow? Can the White Forest grow if I have both White 2 and White? Hrmmm... it would probably be better if I had a White Forest, and a Black City, rather than two White Forests...

bleh... I'm probably gonna go with Pokemon Black 2, but I don't really know if there's anything worthwhile I'm missing, or if it matters (which is probably doesn't)

Also, I do have Latias, but I don't have Latios, which is exclusive to Black 2 (according to serebii), so there's that too.

The intention is for you to play White 2.
N has the same Dragon he had in the previous game

I wouldn't worry about Black City/ White Forest; they are substantially redesigned for BW2, and can be swapped between the versions anyway.

FSLink

Banned
I just saw all the trainers you could face, and I can tell just from that alone endgame is going to be amazing.

I have the JPN release and just got to the endgame and am pretty overwhelmed, haha.
Having fun just getting the PWT DLC Tournaments and trying to beat Gym Leaders. :p

Kokonoe

Banned
I have the JPN release and just got to the endgame and am pretty overwhelmed, haha.
Having fun just getting the PWT DLC Tournaments and trying to beat Gym Leaders. :p

I can imagine, I can't wait to play it myself. Even if for some odd reason I'm not really into neo-Unova, all that end-game content will surely be satisfying for replay value.

Reuploaded the wallpaper I arranged from their website a while back.

1080p

9 days until launch! All aboard the Hype Train!

man-hit-by-a-train.gif

(By the way, I added a friend code list to the OP for you early adopters/importers. Remember to add yours today!)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The English names of characters have been revealed.

Male Protagonist =
Nate
Female Protagonist =
Rosa
Alder's son
=
Benga

Not sure how spoilery that last one is.

Top Bottom