• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

The English-language Black and White 2 site has just updated with Achroma's official name, Colress (as opposed to the original erroneous name of Corless). Whether it's an improvement or not is up to you.

I bring you good news about the upcoming Black & White 2 album. A partial tracklist, credits, and more clarification on the album's contents have been posted on the JP Pokemon webpage for the album. I'm in shock. There's practically no mention of Kageyama in the track credits, and it seems like Ichinose was responsible for many more tracks than I'd previously thought.

Furthermore: the liner notes and album extras look very interesting. A big collection of concept art, which is definitely much better than a bunch of pages detailing the game itself (which is what the album's have had for the longest time, though these BW albums are changing that).

We are on the eve of this glorious release, my friends. Keep watch.

Emitan

I have no idea who I'm using it.

I'm エミリ (Emilie, my name) and my rival is whatever his default name is.

Exeunt

This topic has been bumped at a rather opportune time, since Serebii has just updated the Join Avenue page with EV specifics. It's a really nice system, allowing you to wipe all EVs from a stat and go up as few as 4 at a time and as many as 64 (not perfect, but still good) if I'm reading correctly.

This topic has been bumped at a rather opportune time, since Serebii has just updated the Join Avenue page with EV specifics. It's a really nice system, allowing you to wipe all EVs from a stat and go up as few as 4 at a time and as many as 64 (not perfect, but still good) if I'm reading correctly.

So this is pretty much the most convenient thing ever.

Exeunt

So this is pretty much the most convenient thing ever.

Not exactly. From my understanding, getting Join Avenue set up correctly will take a bit of effort and apparently you can only buy the same item from most shops once every 24 hours (with no way to go to 252 EVs in one shot). However, set-up should only occur once per game and hopefully you can manipulate the in-game clock if you want to fully EV train a Pokémon. The base cost of a level 64 boost is 96,000 yen but the page also says you can get up to a 40% discount if your Join Avenue level is 50 (which I assume applies to the listed prices) so you can eventually get the training even less expensive than vitamins.

So it is the most convenient way to EV train a Pokémon yet and a far cry from the old "rebattle certain trainers" or even "battle wild Pokémon over and over" that we had in the past. They're slowly streamlining the EV training process over the course of the games but we still aren't at a point where a single button press maxes EVs.

Emitan

Is there a good walkthrough anywhere? Not sure what to do next. Got to an area with Mareep wandering around and fought my rival.

Is there a good walkthrough anywhere? Not sure what to do next. Got to an area with Mareep wandering around and fought my rival.

Have you fought Cheren yet? If not, I'm fairly certain you go to Alder's house in the second town, battle two kids and then head back to Cheren's gym in the first town.

EDIT: You have to find a Herdier on the ranch that Team Plasma made off with, first.

Emitan

Have you fought Cheren yet? If not, I'm fairly certain you go to Alder's house in the second town, battle two kids and then head back to Cheren's gym in the first town.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Should be sleeping but I found a place with Riolu and now I need to catch one~

No idea what to do. Alder and some random hiker are blocking my progress

The hiker blocks your path until you get the first badge.

Before you can challenge the first gym, you have to:

1. Find Herdier in Sangi Ranch

2. Defeat the trainers in the school place that Alder shows you in Sangi town

Then you just go back to the first town and the gym is in the back of the school near the Pokemon Center.

Kokonoe

Banned
To be honest I'm kind of disappointed that they abandoned this idea for BW2 and just threw old Pokemon everywhere.

I think with this game they're trying to appeal to the audience that didn't really like the style of Black and White (me), and are throwing in a ton of fanservicey classic things. That's not the only reason, but I think it's one of the reasons.

I'm sorry, I don't know how that happens. It was really ticking me off too because I wanted to level grind some and I couldn't encounter a single Audino.

Zeroth

Shaking glass is relatively easy to find: The problem is the water thing. It was quite a pain getting one to show up in Route 1. A helpful note: I noticed you can only have 1 phenomena happening in the area, so it's possible you got things like shallow water, etc, and ignored it trying to find shaking glass, which wouldn't be possible.

Pikma

Banned
Guys, Question time: I have Pokemon Black, which one would you recommend me to get? Black V2 or White V2? I regret getting Black instead of White, don't want to make the same mistake again. :(

Guys, Question time: I have Pokemon Black, which one would you recommend me to get? Black V2 or White V2? I regret getting Black instead of White, don't want to make the same mistake again. :(

Well surely this depends on why you have regrets in the first place.

I like Zekrom better, and White Forest always looked more interesting than Black City to me.
Do W2 and B2 have some kind of exclusive locations as well?

Just to be a pain the legends have swapped games so Zekrom is in Black 2 but Black City and the old exclusive pokemon remain in that version.
And then there's a bunch of small visual differences.
Coming to think of it now i'm not sure which version I want, I had Black and was going to go with Black 2 but White 2 might make more sense for me.

I like Zekrom better, and White Forest always looked more interesting than Black City to me.
Do W2 and B2 have some kind of exclusive locations as well?
Well, Zekrom is catchable in Black 2, not Reshiram.
Black City is in Black 2, but if you have a friend with White 2, he can trade you a key that gives you White Forest instead after a certain point.
Black and White 2 have slight differences in areas (Opelucid City is still different between versions, Route 4 is bustling in B2 and dilapidated in W2, and Rebirth Mountain is watery in B2 and full of lava in W2, and the progression through Victory Road is slightly different), but not much else major, I don't think.
Bear in mind that Black 2 gets you access to Challenge Mode, as well.

Sagitario

Well, Zekrom is catchable in Black 2, not Reshiram.
Black City is in Black 2, but if you have a friend with White 2, he can trade you a key that gives you White Forest instead after a certain point.
Black and White 2 have slight differences in areas (Opelucid City is still different between versions, Route 4 is bustling in B2 and dilapidated in W2, and Rebirth Mountain is watery in B2 and full of lava in W2, and the progression through Victory Road is slightly different), but not much else major, I don't think.
Bear in mind that Black 2 gets you access to Challenge Mode, as well.

Is that exclusive to Black 2? :\

I want White 2 because Kyureshiram, but I prefer everything else from Black 2 (I played Black 1).

Top Bottom