• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

Berordn

So what happened to those early reports that these games would have streetpass? Was that proven incorrect?

It doesn't have "true" streetpass, but has an enhanced version of the local co-op that the original Black and White has that somewhat resembles it. Only 3DS connectivity is with Dream Radar.

Don't care for the EV stuff but all of this is real interesting. Kind of cool to see them catering to those sort of players. I just want the gym leaders to visit my shop...

me neither :(

hahah this crushes the game for the obessesive "gotta catch em all" whores like myself. I managed to catch em all except for the unobtainable legendaries and such. I'm waiting for the 3DS pokemon which will ravage the countrysides upon it's release.

TheOGB

Banned
THERE IS NOW NO EXCUSE

EV TRAINING FOR EVERYONE
k78zW.png

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I love you, Game Freak.

me neither :(

hahah this crushes the game for the obessesive "gotta catch em all" whores like myself. I managed to catch em all except for the unobtainable legendaries and such. I'm waiting for the 3DS pokemon which will ravage the countrysides upon it's release.

What?

Too bad there's nothing that changes IV's. Now that would have been amazing.

The item's from the Cafe look like they increase IVs. They say stuff like..

Off Menu B Café The Pokemon who eats this has its base Attack raised very high.

I'm guessing this means IVs. It's a little depressing to me because I've spent hundreds of hours breeding pokemon (currently at 720 hours just in White). :(

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Unfortunately it's much the same as B/W. Though I have to say I prefer the PC interface in B/W to that in HG/SS (IIRC if you were using the touchscreen controls like any sane person, you couldn't switch boxes while holding a Pokémon in HG/SS).

Damm. Yeah I like the box improvements in B/W but I still think the Ui for PC stuff could be much more streamlined. Like most of the UI in pokemon though.

Cgear is cool idea, I just wish it wasn't the only option for the bottom screen.

Thanks for the info :3

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
best pokemon game of forever

Although isn't it disadvantageous to level up a pokemon via rare candy?

Tyeforce

Everyone here must vote for Deoxys in the Pokémon Power Bracket. Winner gets to be on a shirt and will be available for download.
Here are my predictions...
I'm pretty confident that it will come down to Mewtwo vs. Arceus, but I'm not sure who would win between those two. Arceus did win the "Vote to Befriend a Pokémon" contest, plus he's...well, Pokémon God, lol, but Mewtwo is also very popular, and I can see him generating a large fanbase to take down Arceus. It'll be interesting to see who wins.

It would be so good if it came down to Mewtwo vs. Mew, though.

EDIT: Also, where does it say that the winning Pokémon will be available to download? As far as I can tell it only says "a special downloadable prize pack will be given away to everyone," which sounds more like some kind of PC download like a pack of wallpapers and screen savers or something to me.

Izayoi

Banned
Insomuch that the Pokemon doesn't receive any EV bonuses from a RC lvl-up: yes.
Which is negated completely by the EV items. Basically you'll be able to take a Pokemon from level 1 to 100 and have it fully EV trained in seconds instead of hours (sometimes days).

No excuse anymore.

Wiseblade

Which is negated completely by the EV items. Basically you'll be able to take a Pokemon from level 1 to 100 and have it fully EV trained in seconds instead of hours (sometimes days).

No excuse anymore.

EV training has never taken days, and Gen IV onwards can easily be done within an hour. What this does, is simplify the process to the point that any moron can do it.

backlot

The item's from the Cafe look like they increase IVs. They say stuff like..

Off Menu B Café The Pokemon who eats this has its base Attack raised very high.

I'm guessing this means IVs. It's a little depressing to me because I've spent hundreds of hours breeding pokemon (currently at 720 hours just in White). :(

No, the descriptions for vitamins say they raise base stats and all they do is add EV's. These are probably the same.

I love you, Game Freak.

What?

I like to just catch all the pokemon, including their unevolved forms. So I'll catch 3 ghastly and keep one, evolve two to a haunter, then trade one to a gengar; then they sit in my box forever. My PC boxes are labeled 1-30, 31-60... with the last few used for misc stuff like dittos, dupes, unknones (the different letters).

I couldn't care less about battleing or ev stats. I have no idea why it doesn't interest me the same way catching them does. to each their own i suppose.

Wiseblade

I spend way too much money on vitamins and repels :\

Wait, you were serious? I thought you were making a joke about how trivial money is in Pokémon games.

I really don't see how anyone can be short on money in a Pokémon game. Just throw on an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense and challenge the E4 a few times. You'll have more money than you could possibly spend.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm actually rather tired of grinding on the elite four. I've turned on Black a lot just to go to that tennis court that lets you play against random trainers.

upandaway

Wait, you were serious? I thought you were making a joke about how trivial money is in Pokémon games.

I really don't see how anyone can be short on money in a Pokémon game. Just throw on an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense and challenge the E4 a few times. You'll have more money than you could possibly spend.
I was still shooting for max monies before I heard all this "money for levels" nonsense, y'know. Every PokeDollar counts.

I like to just catch all the pokemon, including their unevolved forms. So I'll catch 3 ghastly and keep one, evolve two to a haunter, then trade one to a gengar; then they sit in my box forever. My PC boxes are labeled 1-30, 31-60... with the last few used for misc stuff like dittos, dupes, unknones (the different letters).

I couldn't care less about battleing or ev stats. I have no idea why it doesn't interest me the same way catching them does. to each their own i suppose.
You can still do that... So how does it "crush" the game for you?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah that's what I meant, having no EVs when level up via item.

Sure you could use the stat items, but they're expensive!

Top Bottom