• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The good thing about breeding all these Pansear is I'll have some trading junk for GTS Negotiations. :)

But fuck, breeding it for a FEMALE and then breeding it again for a Nature...goddamn that's going to take forever.

Styles

Gravijah said:
I'm an idiot, I just minimized from Half Life 1 because I realized what you meant. Yeah, I'm going after the Master Ball. :p

Sure, what's your FC? Mine is 4813 6217 8362

2580 2540 4444

And while we're at it, I need to evolve some of them through trade too.

Thanks.

Raxus

Watch Da Birdie said:
The good thing about breeding all these Pansear is I'll have some trading junk for GTS Negotiations. :)

But fuck, breeding it for a FEMALE and then breeding it again for a Nature...goddamn that's going to take forever.
You can always cut the time and trade for a female. Then you just have to use Ditto for natures, get the moves you want to carry over, etc.

Gravijah

Raxus said:
I can't find your trade. Any help to narrow the field?

I'm putting up another right this second if you want it. Will be level 1, male, USA.

Vect said:
2580 2540 4444

And while we're at it, I need to evolve some of them through trade too.

Thanks.

Gimme a second.

Ondore

No E4 grinding required to get a Hydreigon... thank you, Lucky Egg, Audinos, and the stadiums.

Though it's turned me off ever raising another one of the bloody things. I hope there's some more variety to the dust clouds in Grey so I can grab a wild Zweilous and skip that step.

Raxus

Gravijah said:
I'm putting up another right this second if you want it. Will be level 1, male, USA.
No luck. I have like 7 Zekrom's. I suppose I can trade ONE but I was hoping to save it for negotiations.

Wiseblade

Mr. Paer said:
God I hate EV training

Then you're not doing it right. With Pokérus and Power items, EV training is a snap. It's being able to EV train in less than an hour that's freed me up to obsess over IVs.

SolarPowered said:
My FC: 0819 3372 0787
Cool, I'm on the list. I'm heading online now.

Balb

Is there a way to take off C-Gear permanently? Whenever I turn it off, it merely stays off during the duration of that one play session.

Also, I haven't been paying enough attention to the new Pokemon but, what's considered the "uber" non-legendary Pokemon in Gen V? For example, in Gen I there's Dragonite, Gen II Tyranitar, Gen III Salamence and Gen IV Garchomp.

Then you're not doing it right. With Pokérus and Power items, EV training is a snap. It's being able to EV train in less than an hour that's freed me up to obsess over IVs.

Yeah, EV training isn't too bad these days. It's IVs that I feel are terrible, and ultimately the reason why I'd prefer a battle simulator as opposed to raising a team in-game.

Gravijah

Balb said:
Is there a way to take off C-Gear permanently? Whenever I turn it off, it merely stays off during the duration of that one play session.

Also, I haven't been paying enough attention to the new Pokemon but, what's considered the "uber" non-legendary Pokemon in Gen V? For example, in Gen I there's Dragonite, Gen II Tyranitar, Gen III Salamence and Gen IV Garchomp.

Say "No" when the game starts? And uhm Hydreigon is the pseudo-legendary this gen.

DMG-01

Balb said:

The pseudo this gen is Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon).
Mr. Paer said:
Hooray just finished EV training my Deino named Rhaegar! Next will be Larvesta

God I hate EV training
It doesn't take that long if you use power items/vitamins and have Pokerus. I just EV trained a Larvesta this morning and it took about 30 minutes, but I was watching TV and not really focusing on EV training.

Balb

Gravijah said:
Say "No" when the game starts? And uhm Hydreigon is the pseudo-legendary this gen.

Yeah I suppose that'll do. For some reason I didn't read through that fine text. I always just press A til I get to play.

Wiseblade

DMG-01 said:
It doesn't take that long if you use power items/vitamins and have Pokerus. I just EV trained a Larvesta this morning and it took about 30 minutes, but I was watching TV and not really focusing on EV training.
EV training my Larvesta took forever because I decided to be stupid and use an Exp. Share in Celestial Tower instead of just giving it a Power Lens and switching it out at the start of the battle. ¬.¬

Gravijah

Balb said:
Yeah I suppose that'll do. For some reason I didn't read through that fine text. I always just press A til I get to play.

I think pressing B instead will start it without the C-Gear, so you can just keep pressing B.

Wiseblade

Gravijah said:
I think pressing B instead will start it without the C-Gear, so you can just keep pressing B.
GF decided to be evil and put in an "are you sure?" screen when you press no to the C-Gear at the start and pressing b puts you back to the first question. you have to press B then A.

Gravijah

I needed that Pokemon actually Vect, thanks!
Wiseblade said:
GF decided to be evil and put in an "are you sure?" screen when you press no to the C-Gear at the start and pressing b puts you back to the first question. you have to press B then A.

Oh yeah. Eitherway, not too big of a deal.

The_Technomancer said:
Really? I hatched that one in about ten trips along the big long bridge.

Well, relatively long time. :p

Styles

Gravijah said:
I needed that Pokemon actually Vect, thanks!

Oh yeah. Eitherway, not too big of a deal.
NO, thank-you! Out of the three I caught, two were jolly nature, so after the trade I still have one left; the other one was brave. I think they were all caught with a premier ball too!

Oh right, I also need pokemon from Black version, but that can wait. ;D

Gravijah

Raxus said:
Sweet, got a female tepig and oshawatt. Just need Snivey (female) and the Gen IV starters (any sex).

If you still need a Zorua I can try to directly trade since it seems my luck isn't going too bad.

Wiseblade said:
EV training my Larvesta took forever because I decided to be stupid and use an Exp. Share in Celestial Tower instead of just giving it a Power Lens and switching it out at the start of the battle. ¬.¬

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on using Larvesta competitively? I'd guess so, but if not why exactly are you EV training it?

Raxus

Gravijah said:
If you still need a Zorua I can try to directly trade since it seems my luck isn't going too bad.
My friend code is in the database. Adding you now.

Do you need anything? I would like to give something back not...patrat-ty.

So after finally getting to a houndour in SS it uses roar :< and does anyone know a pokemon that normally has headbutt when caught in SS cause i need to get a eggecute .

Wiseblade

Obsessed said:
Just out of curiosity, are you planning on using Larvesta competitively? I'd guess so, but if not why exactly are you EV training it?
I am. Volcarona is really powerful and I want to try building a team around it.

Raxus

Mank said:
Do you mean trade and trade back or to catch Landorus? I can do the first now, but not so sure about the latter.
Either really. Once it is in my 'dex I can get one easily via GTS.

Wiseblade

SolarPowered said:
Thanks for the trades, Wiseblade.
No problem.

Mr. Paer said:
Wait, what are power items and where do I get them? Are they new this gen? I always use Macho Brace plus Pokerus
Power items are held items that give your 4 EVs of a particular stat after every battle. They've been around since Gen IV.

They effectively turn 1 EV into 5 EVs which stacks with Pokérus into 10. slap on some vitamins and a simple 252/252/4 spread can be done in half an hour.

Raxus

Mank said:
Ok. Looks like my FC is 5028 3895 7717. I could totally use a Tornadus in my dex anyway, so trade and back sounds good to me.
Great adding you right away. Be on in a few seconds.

Can anyone SPECIFICALLY tell me where the move tutor is in driftveil?

Delio

Yeah i didnt know how fast you could get the power items in this game. I have them all in D/P but have to wait for my 3DS to even transfer them. Where do you get them in this game?

Edit : Nevermind. Battle subway eh? I need to hit that up soon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Play the Battle Sub to rack up points.

Also, 20 eggs and no female Pansear. Going to bed. :(

Raxus

Mank said:
Do I need your FC too? I haven't really done any online in BW yet...
Yes, just add the pal pad to the quick menu to register friends. There is a spreadsheet with all the GAF'ers codes. Mine is 4555 9433 2002

Raxus said:
Great adding you right away. Be on in a few seconds.

Can anyone SPECIFICALLY tell me where the move tutor is in driftveil?
Second building south of the PokeCenter.

Delio said:
Yeah i didnt know how fast you could get the power items in this game. I have them all in D/P but have to wait for my 3DS to even transfer them. Where do you get them in this game?

Edit : Nevermind. Battle subway eh? I need to hit that up soon.
Can't transfer items from the old games.

btkadams

Electivirus said:
This.

Seriously, put something like a Zorua up, and you can get pretty much anything in return in 48 hours.
i've had a zorua up for a little over 24 hours now asking for a thundurus ;( i hope my wish comes true..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom