• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Gravijah said:
Sure, what's your FC? Mine is 4813 6217 8362

If you're still willing to trade a Zorua for a Patrat then I would appreciate it. If you are, then I'll post my friend code. If not then that's cool. I would give you something else if you need it but all I have are low level pokemon in White (just got done with the first pokemon gym leader).

Kyzer

Banned
Cranzor said:
Black is basically my first Pokemon and so far I love it. Do you guys think I would like Platinum?

Give it a try, but keep in mind that while the graphics may look more refined, a lot of little details in Black/White (a better story, less focus on HMs, etc.) along with the new 3D look and Pokemon animations made it a much better game with less archaic game mechanics.

So basically its less modern in very small ways but still a great game if you like Pokemon.

The Lamp

I would probably play HeartGold or SoulSilver instead of Platinum if you could only pick one game, but eh, either one's a good choice.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Caught the three musketeers, used the dousing machine on every square inch of Unova, and transferred all 150 first-gen Pokemon* in addition to my old competitive team and the perfect IV Ditto Sixfortyfive graciously gave me...

I'd call this a productive day. My ITEMS pocket is getting quite unmanageable though, even with the "sort" option.

* Mew was not included as he begins an entirely new box, and I was ready to stop. Tomorrow though, him and the rest of Gens 2 and 3 will be sent over!

Gravijah

Shrinnan said:
If you're still willing to trade a Zorua for a Patrat then I would appreciate it. If you are, then I'll post my friend code. If not then that's cool. I would give you something else if you need it but all I have are low level pokemon in White (just got done with the first pokemon gym leader).

I have one sitting in my box still, just gimme your FC and meet me in the WiFi room.

Kintaco

Shrinnan said:
I got a Zorua is you still want one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I don't need Patrat, I just need random trades. And Patrat are like Ratatta and Bidoofs and stuff: easy to get!

If you get a traded Pokemon and then release it, does it still count?

I think it's been determined the chorus is just saying "GEECHIS" (Ghetsis). Or DENNNNISSSSSSSS.

Also, randomly got PokeRus for the first time barring trades and whatnot today.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zee-V70 said:
I think it's been determined the chorus is just saying "GEECHIS" (Ghetsis). Or DENNNNISSSSSSSS.

Also, randomly got PokeRus for the first time barring trades and whatnot today.

I figured that's what it was...

Congrats. I thought I had ran out of Pokerus-spreading Pokemon but it turns out that Ditto from 645 is useful for something else! :D Apparently leaving it in the Daycare is the same as leaving it in a PC box.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Actually, I just tried it and releasing the Pokemon lowers the counter. Now I need 11 more instead of 10! :p

Damn. Not much of a problem for me unless I get traded something that isn't mine already... My PC boxes will be pretty full...

I wonder, if you can get the Master Ball, drop down to 49, trade, then get another? Probably not. :p

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Damn. Not much of a problem for me unless I get traded something that isn't mine already... My PC boxes will be pretty full...

I wonder, if you can get the Master Ball, drop down to 49, trade, then get another? Probably not. :p

Nah. I was curious myself, but I didn't get another PP Max.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DoomXploder7 said:
it's about the IDs not the trades though.

Which is great in a way, because any trades you made in previous games count like you made them if you just transfer the Pokemon over.

D-Pad

Blu_LED said:
Is there any reason to not evolve my Boldore? He's level 29.

With trade-evolvers there is no reason not to evolve. Unless you think Stalagmite or whatever is ugly.

DoomXploder7 said:
]it's about the IDs not the trades though.
Oh, hey! Didn't know that. In that case I got a bunch of shit on my Platinum and HeartGold games I need to drag over. >:D

Andrex said:
Which is great in a way, because any trades you made in previous games count like you made them if you just transfer the Pokemon over.

yep got my masterball while only having traded with 2 people this gen, everything else was poketransfer .

Firestorm

"I don't play basketball just because I'm tall. Maybe I grew tall because I wanted to play basketball so badly?"

hahaha I love this game

Firestorm said:
"I don't play basketball just because I'm tall. Maybe I grew tall because I wanted to play basketball so badly?"

hahaha I love this game

"I was around here looking for Pokemon, but I'm also interested in you."

zumphry

Banned
Firestorm said:

hahaha I love this game

Did you have your overworld sprite stand next to his after you beat him? Love Gen 5's overworld sprites.

Busaiku

Argh, getting good IVs is so annoying.

Is it too much to ask for a Cottonee with 29-31 on Defense, Special Defense, and Speed?
Almost there, just keep getting 0-6 Defense...

Griffith

Banned
Wow, female Eevees are really great trade bait on the GTS. I've gotten a Thundurus within 6 hours and a Zekrom in around 12 using them so far.

You know what I like?

The fact that you don't have to talk to that IV guy more than once to know about your Pokemon's IVs.

Example: My _______ has a 31 IV in Attack and Speed. Now, pre BW, I'd have to talk to the guy more than once, because when a Pokémon has multiple IVs at the high line, the guy lists them off in order: 1st time->"The best is Attack. It can't be any better." 2nd time->"The best is Speed. It can't be any better."

Now, in BW: "The best is Attack. Oh, and Speed also. They can't be any better."

zumphry

Banned
Busaiku said:
Alright, completed the Abyssal Ruins!
I have too much money now.

Buy a mansion and get a butler to get random Pokemon you claim to have but don't!

Or dress like a janitor. Your choice. :p

DMG-01

ColtraineGF said:
You know what I like?

The fact that you don't have to talk to that IV guy more than once to know about your Pokemon's IVs.

Example: My _______ has a 31 IV in Attack and Speed. Now, pre BW, I'd have to talk to the guy more than once, because when a Pokémon has multiple IVs at the high line, the guy lists them off in order: 1st time->"The best is Attack. It can't be any better." 2nd time->"The best is Speed. It can't be any better."

Now, in BW: "The best is Attack. Oh, and Speed also. They can't be any better."
This is in my top 3 favorite things about BW breeding. 100% Power item IV pass rate and Sky Arrow bridge for egg hatching being the others.

JVIDICAN

EvilMario said:
I didn't draw the original, just something I found. Pretty cool second take on it though! You should sketch out some of the Pokemon people were calling for too, like the Ghost/Steel and Grass/Dragon. Designing your own Pokemon is a great past time.
Behold!
2w6wa9y.jpg

On topic: I think I've done just about everything there is to do endgame wise. I still want more.. :(

Busaiku

DMG-01 said:
Sky Arrow bridge for egg hatching being the others.
I've just been doing it on Route 3.
It takes too long for enough eggs to be produced (at least for Cottonee/Ditto) to really do it elsewhere.

Bug pokemon in this version are seriously something else. My new Escavalier just made it's way through Bryce's ice gym alone. It started at lvl 24 and ended the final match at lvl 37.

This thing will probably make mincemeat out of the Elite four if I don't meet up with fire types too often.

Articalys

So I was reading up on some stuff and learned about the three moves coded into the game that haven't been properly obtainable yet. This along with the full details on Pokemon that haven't even been officially released nor ever even mentioned by Nintendo -- how do people find these things? Does every game released these days instantly undergo a thorough source code inspection by the fans?

Of course if all this is in the official guide then my point is moot.

Articalys said:
So I was reading up on some stuff and learned about the three moves coded into the game that haven't been properly obtainable yet. This along with the full details on Pokemon that haven't even been officially released nor ever even mentioned by Nintendo -- how do people find these things? Does every game released these days instantly undergo a thorough source code inspection by the fans?

Yep, pretty much. Can't hide nothing fron hardcore Pokéfans these days.

Although it does take a bit more time to find out other stuff. And some things, like RNG manipulation, take months to figure out. Otherwise, above holds.

Unless DLC is incoming with next gen/3DS gen...

Firestorm

Articalys said:

Pokemon, yes. There were people going through every bit of it to figure out what had changes / what moves were in / what they did. Otherwise it's impossible to tell which would make creating battle simulators quite difficult!

Styles

SolarPowered said:
Bug pokemon in this version are seriously something else. My new Escavalier just made it's way through Bryce's ice gym alone. It started at lvl 24 and ended the final match at lvl 37.

This thing will probably make mincemeat out of the Elite four if I don't meet up with fire types too often.

Indeed. I love my Escavalier so so so so so so so so much. :3

Oh and I really want a shiny Braviary now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom