• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this gen getting/will this gen get a stadium/coliseum/battle revolution? I would like to see them come up with something good with better visuals and more stuff to do than battle revolution.

JVIDICAN

HappyBivouac said:
So is this gen getting/will this gen get a stadium/coliseum/battle revolution? I would like to see them come up with something good with better visuals and more stuff to do than battle revolution.
Will it get a Stadium type game? Without a doubt.
Will it be improved visually or gameplay wise? Doubtful. :/

D-Pad

I know you guys hate fanart but last one as requested earlier:
935vA.png

Scraklunk
Ghost/Steel

This Pokemon roams the scrapyards for parts it thinks children will like. After it assembles, it attempts to join in their games.

The evolutions aren't finished, because I'm still working on the designs, but:
RJ9gAm.jpg

(remove the "m" right before the ".jpg" in the image link for full size)

Scrapuni and Metajest.

Scrapuni - By bending the steel around it, this Pokemon lures kids close to it and then scares them.

Metajest - It takes the form of a victim's most beloved and recently lost material possession in attempt to make them cry. It then proceeds to feed on their bitter tears.

JVIDICAN said:

Amazing! We should start our own fake Pokemon site. ;P

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
I know you guys hate fanart but last one as requested earlier:

Scraklunk
Ghost/Steel

This Pokemon roams the scrapyards for parts it thinks children will like. After it assembles, it attempts to join in their games.

The evolutions aren't finished, because I'm still working on the designs, but:

Scrapuni and Metajest.

Scrapuni - By bending the steel around it, this Pokemon lures kids close to it and then scares them.

Metajest - It takes the form of a victim's most beloved and recently lost material possession in attempt to make them cry. It then proceeds to feed on their bitter tears.
Nice work. I was pretty damn surprised when I found out this guy wasn't Ghost/Steel. lol

180px-623Golurk.png

D-Pad said:
Amazing! We should start our own fake Pokemon site. ;P

Better yet, a GBA ROM hack! :D

D-Pad

HappyBivouac said:

That Pokemon Wii game that was, er, announced(?), was that that Pikachu adventure game?

JVIDICAN said:
Nice work. I was pretty damn surprised when I found out this guy wasn't Ghost/Steel. lol
Yeah! It's like the made it half ground just so they could avoid ghost/steel. Makes no sense!

Question that I've never quite known the answer to:

Do X items work the same way as stat boosting moves in terms of switching out, baton pass, etc.? How about if I use an X item on a currently inactive Pokemon, since it gives me the option?

D-Pad

HappyBivouac said:
Question that I've never quite known the answer to:

Do X items work the same way as stat boosting moves in terms of switching out, baton pass, etc.? How about if I use an X item on a currently inactive Pokemon, since it gives me the option?

That doesn't work and you'll waste a turn in battle if you try to use the X items on an inactive Pokemon. "But it's not where this item can be used."

An X battle item is an item that'll boost you stats in battle. It works just like stat-enhancing battle moves (howl, agility, etc) and will last only until you switch Pokemon, the Pokemon faints, or the battle ends.

Gravijah

JVIDICAN said:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/6/68/623Golurk.png/180px-623Golurk.png[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

That guy is amazing. Like a mech.

a1m

Banned
For some odd reason I want to play this even though the last Pokemon game I played was Ruby/Sapphire. Does it matter that I haven't played any of the last games to enjoy this one - are there any important connections?

a1m said:
For some odd reason I want to play this even though the last Pokemon game I played was Ruby/Sapphire. Does it matter that I haven't played any of the last games to enjoy this one - are there any important connections?
No. Black and White are a great place to hop back in. If you miss any of the old Pokemon someone on GAF will gladly help you collect them. Plus you can still catch many of them later in these games.

N4Us

a1m said:

I played Pearl after mostly skipping R/S and it was easy for me to get back into, so I'm sure it won't be too hard to start in. Maybe pay attention to some of the recent features to get a good understanding of them.

Golett and Pawniard both surprised with their typings. I thought Pawniard was Steel/Fighting and Golett Steel/Ghost. I wanted to train a Golett too, but with Krookodile already in my team there isn't really much point...

a1m said:
Okay I guess that's all I need. Time to order but not sure which one yet - probably White.

Thanks.
White has the version exclusive White Forest. Probably a good choice since it lets you catch more Pokemon that you have missed from the other games.

zumphry

Banned
OkwLo.gif
This guy is earning EXP like crazy! I'm sure he'll be pretty awesome against the E4.

Plus I can't wait to start making MC Hammer here into a beast:
zWCnh.gif

a1m

Banned
UltimateIke said:
White has the version exclusive White Forest. Probably a good choice since it lets you catch more Pokemon that you have missed from the other games.
Yeah that White Forest thing looked more interesting than the cyber-city-whatever + the things you said.

Wiseblade said:

2f0d0mv.png

Zertez

Im looking for a female Squirtle and Turtwig, level doesnt matter. I have most things in White for trade, all B/W starters lvl 1 females, but not legendaries sorry. I also have some HP and PP up, Im willing to trade as well.

Mush

Starmie
252SPA/252SPE/4SPD/Timid/Expert Belt

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Garchomp
252ATK/252SPE/4HP/Jolly/Choice Scarf

Stone Edge
Dragon Claw
Outrage
Earthquake

"insert filler here"

Battle Subway team, yay or nay?

Wiseblade

Mush said:
Starmie
252SPA/252SPE/4SPD/Timid/Expert Belt

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Garchomp
252ATK/252SPE/4HP/Jolly/Choice Scarf

Stone Edge
Dragon Claw
Outrage
Earthquake

"insert filler here"

Battle Subway team, yay or nay?
Nice, Starmie and Garchomp wreck face on the subway.

I've been using:

Azelf @ Damp Rock
Naive 252 SAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Rain Dance
-Psychic
-Thunder
-Explosion

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Modest 252 SAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Energy Ball

Kingdra @ Persim Berry
Adamant 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage

Worked out pretty well for me so far. Except the game does nothing but send me Ghost/Dark leads now. ¬.¬

Mush

Wiseblade said:
GAH! I have like none of those Pokes. Especially Azelf.

Might try for a mixed Zoroark lead.

Focus Blast
Flamethrower
U-turn
Sucker Punch/Night Slash

Off to transfer some shiny beasts!

Mush said:
GAH! I have like none of those Pokes. Especially Azelf.

Might try for a mixed Zoroark lead.

Focus Blast
Flamethrower
U-turn
Sucker Punch/Night Slash

Off to transfer some shiny beasts!
Remember to use the Relocator, not the PokeTransfer.

Izayoi

Banned
The team I've been using for the Battle Subway:

Adamant Haxorus
Adamant Archeops
Modest Volcarona

Fuck strategy, fuck defense, decimate everyone.

what do you guys think of my Ferrothorn?

598.gif

Hold Item: Leftovers
Ability: Steel Thorns
EV: 252 hp, 128 defense, 130 special defense
Sassy Nature (+ special defense, – speed)
Gyro ball
Curse
Power whip/Explosion
Leech seed

His unique typing and insane defense gives him a lot of advantages when playing defensive. However he does have decent attack stat which is why I have an offensive move-set with him. Using Curse to further boost Attack/Def (lower Speed) and Gyro Ball (as he already has very low speed!). It is also handy to have Leech Seed in order to heal at the same time.

I am aware that Stealth Rock/Spikes can be a very important move for him, but I want to have a move that can heal. So Leech Seed with leftovers will be useful for him.

Gravijah said:
The event activated without issue? Maybe the relocator is so you can do it before you beat the game, I guess.
Bulbapedia and Serebii both say it has to be done by Relocator; PokéTransfer won't do.

Can we get some kind of confirmation on this?

EDIT:
Wiseblade said:
I brought over my shiny beasts on PokéTransfer and activated the Zoroark event just fine.
Oh. Proof enough then.

upandaway

Fitting that just as the games come out, I lose basically all my free time save for Saturday. Looks like I won't be playing much Pokemon for the next 5 weeks.
And I'm still only after the 4th gym, too. I really want to start playing the game hard again but it'll take a while.

By the way my team is Tepig, Gigalith, the crocodile, and Solosis. They're pretty awesome.

Wiseblade said:
HOLY CRAP, SHINY PATRAT!

EDIT: Eww, shiny watchog is ugly. You're staying unevolved forever!
ARGH YOU MONSTER

Wiseblade

storafötter said:
what do you guys think of my Ferrothorn?

598.gif

Hold Item: Leftovers
Ability: Steel Thorns
EV: 252 hp, 128 defense, 130 special defense
Sassy Nature (+ special defense, – speed)
Gyro ball
Curse
Power whip/Explosion
Leech seed

His unique typing gives him a lot of advantages when playing defensive. However he does have decent attack stat which is why I have an offensive move-set with him. Using Curse to further boost Attack/Def and Gyro Ball (he already has very low speed!). It is also handy to have Leech Seed in order to heal at the same time.

I am aware that Stealth Rock/Spikes can be a very important move for him, but I want to have a move that can heal. So Leech Seed with leftovers will be useful for him.

Not bad. if you partner him up with something that knows wish then that will deal with your recovery issue. But I like the idea of Leech Seeding and Cursing up to Power whip everything to death.

Wiseblade

UltimateIke said:
Bulbapedia and Serebii both say it has to be done by Relocator; PokéTransfer won't do.

Can we get some kind of confirmation on this?
I brought over my shiny beasts on PokéTransfer and activated the Zoroark event just fine.

Wiseblade said:
Not bad. if you partner him up with something that knows wish then that will deal with your recovery issue. But I like the idea of Leech Seeding and Cursing up to Power whip everything to death.

Thats a good idea! I didn't think of that. I have been considering EV training Alomomola. He has Wish and is sturdy.

RagnarokX

UltimateIke said:
The pokemon, trainers, and items you can get in Black City and White Forest depend on your use of the c-gear. If you're not walking around randomly bumping into people that just happen to be playing pokemon too it seems like you'd be screwed with either one.

vall03

D-Pad said:
Scraklunk
Ghost/Steel
When I saw this, a possible evolution that first came to mind was that car demon in SMT games, forgot the name though. But iirc it appeared in the Raidou Kuzunoha games. Not sure on this but I think it was based on some car ghost myth in Japan, would work for a Ghost/Steel I guess...

I was really glad that there was an Archaeopteryx Pokemon this gen but its ability sucks! But to be honest, I want a dolphin Pokemon... :(

Murkas

I'm gonna fight the 6th gym leader now, I still need a decent Grass pokemon. None of my team have a single grass attack.

Gratz on the shiny Patrat! Your first shiny?

What's all this Poketransfer and relocator talk, have I missed an event :(

Does it have to be a shiny pokemon? I have a shiny Blastoise I can use.

Wiseblade

Murkas said:
I'm gonna fight the 6th gym leader now, I still need a decent Grass pokemon. None of my team have a single grass attack.

Gratz on the shiny Patrat! Your first shiny?

What's all this Poketransfer and relocator talk, have I missed an event :(

Does it have to be a shiny pokemon? I have a shiny Blastoise I can use.
My second. My first was a shiny Aggron I got on Ruby (that I have since lost...)

Roto13

RagnarokX said:
The pokemon, trainers, and items you can get in Black City and White Forest depend on your use of the c-gear. If you're not walking around randomly bumping into people that just happen to be playing pokemon too it seems like you'd be screwed with either one.
If only it was so simple. You actually have to manually connect and play via the Extralink. The tag mode that collects survey data doesn't cut it.

Ravidrath

Out of town until next week, but looking forward to jumping back into White, and maybe starting to breed some shinies.

Gravijah said:
I was gifted a shiny Litwick from a good friend. Been saving it for my White playthrough.

mMRlb.png

Gonna be so cool!

That is one hell of a friend to just give you a Shiny like that, or something. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom