• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Im2OV.gif

Disappointed the two birds don't revert to prior-gen sprite-form as well.

Which is why you should train an Axew with Mold Breaker.

There is a trainer at one point who talks about his "sturdy" Pokémon. He fights with a bunch on Roggenrola. My Haxorus used Earthquake to one-hit KO every one of them.

Perhaps but poor Fang (Axew) is like almost 30 levels behind the main trio.

EDIT: Remember how I said I had awful luck with shaking grass? It took awhile (A good portion of the game) but now Audino keep bugging me...=/

PK Gaming

The abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are now banned from OU, and Garchomp will be brought down from Ubers into OU. Zarel will update the ladders as soon as possible to reflect these changes.

Thanks to everyone who voted! Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the next OU Suspect Round.

hey pokegaf, i have an early christmas present. so garchomp is unbanned, presumably forever.

still don't have BW2 :(

Firestorm

God. You know what's hard? 3 Pokemon with 2 of them weak to Ground against Clay.

Now have:
Pignite - Lv32
Trubbish - Lv31
Scraggy - Lv30

MikeMyers

*Hacks Smogons server and sneaks Sucker Punch into Tyranitar's movepool*

And Rapid Spin while I'm at it, its not like anyone wants to switch a Ghost type into Tyranitar.

As an aside, the top 10 on the GBU, per format (you could probably call it the top of the OU list under VGC '12 rules):
Code:
Rank	[Singles]	[Doubles]	[Triples]	[Launcher]	[Rotation]
1	Scizor		Cresselia	Hitmontop	Hitmontop	Tyranitar
2	Garchomp	Metagross	Hydreigon	Hydreigon	Garchomp
3	Tyranitar	Tyranitar	Tyranitar	Tyranitar	Jellicent
4	Latios		Rotom		Metagross	Metagross	Thundurus
5	Rotom		Hydreigon	Togekiss	Togekiss	Latios
6	Dragonite	Thundurus	Jellicent	Amoonguss	Cresselia
7	Conkeldurr	Hitmontop	Rotom		Landorus	Heatran
8	Mamoswine	Politoed	Tornadus	Tornadus	Scizor
9	Volcarona	Landorus	Politoed	Excadrill	Politoed
10	Breloom		Latios		Landorus	Cresselia	Dragonite
Fun for everyone.

Never seen one :(

some more of these images here

nidoqueen's one made me tear up.

Hahahaha I always knew there was a reason I liked Gold better. Playing through Silver right now and I thought something seemed a bit off.

In HG and SS can Ho-Oh learn Sacred Fire in both games? And same with Lugia/Aeroblast?

Kokonoe

Banned
Ledyba one is hilarious.

Hahahaha I always knew there was a reason I liked Gold better. Playing through Silver right now and I thought something seemed a bit off.

In HG and SS can Ho-Oh learn Sacred Fire in both games? And same with Lugia/Aeroblast?

Yes.

MikeMyers

Hmm, what if Ho-Oh came down to OU?

Brave Bird + Sacred Fire will destroy anything not called Tyranitar (and even he risks a 50% burn), and you could go mixed and run in Thunder to troll random Drizzle teams.

Kokonoe

Banned
Ho-Oh is still a uber, do not doubt it's power unless you wish to fall to the Sacred Fire. Ho-Oh worries less about stealth rock now thanks to Regenerator.

Thanks for the advice, guys. But I already decided to go with Carracosta since I want to have a balance of Pokemon from Gen V and from the other gens.

Top Bottom