• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

iuMMR.jpg

After playing the game, it's fun to go back and watch the anime trailer. Everything in the trailer is accurate to events in the game!

Buying another DS and HeartGold this week. If I want to move onto Gen 5 after, is it necessary to play B/W 1 before 2? And can someone explain how the Dream World works?

Kokonoe

Banned
It's not necessary. I mean, I've seen some references in the game, but it's more or less not that big of a deal. You play as new characters.

So I could jump right into it no problem? Is one set of games considered better than the other?

2 is definitely better than 1, though I had more fun with 1 since everything was new at the time.

Jumping straight to 2 is fine. All you need to know from 1 is Team Plasma tried to take over the world, they were defeated, and they are back to try it again in 2.

Kokonoe

Banned
So I could jump right into it no problem? Is one set of games considered better than the other?

Too early, people haven't really outed their opinions like that on GAF yet.

Here, I'll mention a few things to help you decide

Original Black / White
Has ONLY Black / White Pokemon in the wild and in the game until after you beat the last boss.

Black / White 2
Has a mix of Gen 5 Pokemon and Pokemon from all 5 generations in the wild and trainers.
This game has more content.

It's still kinda the same game, just depends on what you want. BW2 has more areas, and more things to do, and newer forms, but BW1 locks away everything else except Unova Pokemon till you beat the game. So, if you want that, then get BW1.

BW2 has all the areas from BW1.

I still have never played a Triple Battle. I tried a rotation battle from the motorcycle guy(which I don't like), but never a Triple Battle. I take it that's exclusive to White 2?

Nope. There are several triple and rotation battles scattered through the game, sometimes with seemingly random trainers. Drayden's gym has some too.

If you talk to Charles (the Motorcyclist) again in Driftveil, he'll do a triple battle with you too.

Emitan

Actually, use a Pokemon no one ever talks about.

Use Whiscash. Billiechu has never seen this Pokemon before.

IvL3W.png

I recognize it. But trainers in black and white 2 are using some fanmade Pokémon or something because I have NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE

Iamokwiththis.jpg

Sorry but I was never a fan of them. Especially when you have moves (Surf, Earthquake) that would wreck their team but would also hurt your Pokemon too.

I keep thinking some of my moves should hit all the Pokemon in rotation battles but it only affects the lead Pokemon...

MikeMyers

Sorry but I was never a fan of them. Especially when you have moves (Surf, Earthquake) that would wreck their team but would also hurt your Pokemon too.

I keep thinking some of my moves should hit all the Pokemon in rotation battles but it only affects the lead Pokemon...

Yeah seriously, that shit was annoying.

Anybody got a jolly axew? Dragonite is my boy but his previous two forms suck ass. And ive always thought haxorus was cool as fuck. Also looking for an electrilizer and help evolving my buzz.

Top Bottom