• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

todd360

Has there been any lore revealed as to why starter pokemon can't be found in the wild? I know it for balance reasons and to make you feel attached to your starters and whatnot but I would really love a canon reason as to where professors get these pokemon. Are they super rare? Are they found in places we can't reach in game? I want to know where my bro charmander used to live.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This has made me dislike Honedge marginally less. #addanotherone evos for the win.

PK Gaming

My favourite quote in the series is from Grimsley:

So very true.

Absolutely.

I actually dislike Karen's quote because it's wishy-washy bullshit, but Grimsley's quote actually struck a cord with me.

"Whether or not you get to fight at full strength, whether or not luck smiles on you--none of that matters. Only results matter. And a loss is a loss. See, victory shines like a bright light. And right now, you and your Pokémon are shining brilliantly."
Damn

EDIT:
"If somebody wins a battle, then, without doubt, someone else has lost the battle. That's the way of battle. A real warrior doesn't dash off in pursuit of the next victory, nor throw a fit when experiencing a loss. A real warrior ponders the next battle."

"There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."

Grimsley, quite possibly the only NPC that actually plays competitive Pokemon...

zroid

Banned
I like Doublade because dual wielding swords are awesome. This is a logical evolution -- it doesn't scream laziness to me. If Doublade evolves again and gains a third sword? Yes, that would be bad and nonsensical.

I hope it evolves into a suit of armor or something. That would be rad.

Caladrius

I like Doublade because dual wielding swords are awesome. This is a logical evolution -- it doesn't scream laziness to me. If Doublade evolves again and gains a third sword? Yes, that would be bad and nonsensical.

I hope it evolves into a suit of armor or something. That would be rad.

There seems to be a metal fixture behind it, so It's quite possible.

Also quad wielding armor suit plz.Also fairy/steel branched evo.

What's this bout Dunsparce? Did something awesome happen to it?

There are rumors of an imminent fairy retyping hence, pink dunsparce.

Karen is a liar and should feel ashamed of herself. It's a complete lie and utterly despicable.

Also, I don't see any good pictures of Duoblade. So far all I see is two Pokemon stuck together with something in the middle.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
See, what I like is that, unlike Karen, there are people who do acknowledge strong and weak Pokemon, but at the same time tells that in the end, it doesn't matter as long as you enjoy their company. I dislike the notion that strong and weak doesn't exist. :p

Atsumi

*skates into the thread*

tumblr_mtneegcz4f1sp1etmo1_400.gif

Hi guys!

UGH I can't wait to customize my character. I can finally (sort of) be myself!

qq more

Why are you punishing yourself?

I gave the fiery fluff ball a chance in black 2...never again >_<
I'm playing Blue Version atm, he's not bad to me so far.

I'd rather pick Sylveon...

The amount of hate directed towards is pretty funny

I've seen people shit on others who use Flareon in a casual setting.

The hate Flareon gets is kind of what pushed me to use it. :lol

Aggrotek

I don't understand why people hate on Vanilluxe but not on Pokemon like Mr. Mime, Lickilicky, or Chingling. I mean come on.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think that's mostly because sustaining 20 years of rage at Mr. Mime's existence is difficult to do. People still hate him, but any actual energy that could be put towards denouncing him has long since evaporated.

seriously tho fuck mr. mime

Having said that, fuck Vanilluxe too.

#equalopportunitieshater

upandaway

But no one outright complains about it like they do about Vanilluxe. And I would surmise that it is because it is from Generation I.
It's more because it's centuries old by now. Any emotion regarding his design must have calmed down by now.

edit: well, dang. you guys are pretty cool.

Box

Yeah...... Flareon really isn't a bad Pokemon at all. People just get annoyed that he has 130 base attack but not Flare Blitz or that he's a slow Fire type. There's a long list of Pokemon that are worse.

And when you get into single player, Flareon is even better. In general, offense is more important than defense in single player and enemies are really slow so it really brings out the best in Flareon. Flareon has 130/95 offenses and 130/110 in Gen 1. That's high enough that his suboptimal movepool isn't a huge hindrance. Flareon still learns solid moves in Flamethrower and Fire Blast in every generation as well as a multitude of powerful normal type moves from common TMs. Furthermore, most of the time you can get Flareon fairly early in the game. I know that his coverage makes him less optimal and he's less powerful than most of the other Eeveelutions, but he's not bad at all. You really have to min/max your team to find Flareon bad.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
regardless, both of them are better than the gaping black chasm in all ordinary design sensibility and sense of decency that is sylveon

seriously has to be my least favourite Pokemon ever, replacing previous winner Palkia.

Busaiku

6th gen Pokemon are really creepy.
Fennekin with its ear hair, Sylveon with its flesh ribbon.
Though Jynx with its flesh dress is also super disturbing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of Fennekin, surely they wouldn't break the trend of having the final evos of fire starters having something in flames, right?

I bet it's Fennekin's ear puffs becoming fire.

Top Bottom