• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
this is making me laugh

vW8dN1J.jpg

I'm making my way through HeartGold. Promised myself I wouldn't look too much at natures and other stuff since I already have a full living dex anyway, but then I end up having some ridiculous luck with the natures of the Pokémon I catch. Adamant Onix, Jolly Zubat, Modest Mareep & Hoothoot, Bold Oddish. Only one on my team right now that doesn't have a great nature is my Croconaw, but since he's Naughty I won't feel bad about slapping Surf on there as a special move.

I'm making my way through HeartGold. Promised myself I wouldn't look too much at natures and other stuff since I already have a full living dex anyway, but then I end up having some ridiculous luck with the natures of the Pokémon I catch. Adamant Onix, Jolly Zubat, Modest Mareep & Hoothoot, Bold Oddish. Only one on my team right now that doesn't have a great nature is my Croconaw, but since he's Naughty I won't feel bad about slapping Surf on there as a special move.

Natures are nice to have, but ultimately not necessary when you're not bothering to battle with other peoples. Just enjoy the game for what it is!

Natures are nice to have, but ultimately not necessary when you're not bothering to battle with other peoples. Just enjoy the game for what it is!

Yeah, I know, that's why I wasn't paying attention to them. Just thought it was funny that all the ones I caught for usage in my team somehow had decent natures.

I broke the 500 number after a long time not bothering to do anything worth mentioning on my Omega Ruby. Success?

Well, 500 seen, at least...

(I'm at 509 now.)

PokemonGAF I need your wisdom

Grotle wants to leech seed but he can only have four moves
-Bite
-Mega Drain
-Razor Leaf
-Curse

What should I keep/get rid of?

I want to do a playthrough in Japanese to finally drill some of the reading into my head like a good student. Which game would you guys recommend? Black/White 2? or Y? Thinking Y because it's the simplest overall but BW2 has more dialogue if I remember right... and it would mean deleting my save on Y :(

lupinko

I want to do a playthrough in Japanese to finally drill some of the reading into my head like a good student. Which game would you guys recommend? Black/White 2? or Y? Thinking Y because it's the simplest overall but BW2 has more dialogue if I remember right... and it would mean deleting my save on Y :(

Either is ok, you're just doing this for practice after all. Besides there's a lot of in depth guides out there anyway already.

And I think we have trades still pending.

Either is ok, you're just doing this for practice after all. Besides there's a lot of in depth guides out there anyway already.

And I think we have trades still pending.

Yeah I think we kept missing each other a while back.

But yeah its just kana practice, I figure its better to do something somewhat interactive rather than just staring at a chart. Maybe pick up a few phrases and what not to add onto book work.

I'm annoyed that the UK appears to not be getting Pokémon movies on DVD any more. We had a false dawn with the Victini and Keldeo movies a few years back, but there's no sign of the Genesect or Diancie movies coming, and we're still missing the Lucario or Manaphy movies.

My collection. :(

Amiibro

I'm new to this it's been a while like since GameBoy since I have played Pokemon. So I bought the year subscription for PokeBank and have games from each gen on DS. Did I read something about a PokeBank giveaway for 3 Pokemon starters? I'm not sure how to get them. I got the 3 from the newsletter. Emboar and the other two from that gen.

Also I'm not far in Sapphire on 3ds yet will I be able to get the ticket for that exclusive Pokemon tomorrow?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm excited to play again the card game I have been playing online is what brought me back into Pokemon

-Horizon-

Cross posting from figure thread

Amazon JP / Pokemon Center JP exclusive
Ohhh I want it but I have no idea how to order it from those sites.

I'm new to this it's been a while like since GameBoy since I have played Pokemon. So I bought the year subscription for PokeBank and have games from each gen on DS. Did I read something about a PokeBank giveaway for 3 Pokemon starters? I'm not sure how to get them. I got the 3 from the newsletter. Emboar and the other two from that gen.

Also I'm not far in Sapphire on 3ds yet will I be able to get the ticket for that exclusive Pokemon tomorrow?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm excited to play again the card game I have been playing online is what brought me back into Pokemon
I'm not sure about the pokebank thing but for the eon ticket, I only had a few badges before I got it in my game because I streetpassed someone with it.

Two questions:

1. Am I the only person who keeps soft resetting for a Trainer ID that looks simple and clean?

2. I posted this on the ORAS OT:

Guys, I just bought Alpha Sapphire because to get the Eon Ticket before time runs out.

"Also for trainers who weren't so lucky to get their Eon Ticket, they could check back at Pokemon.com to acquire a code, which would be typed in the "Pokemon Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire" game to get an Eon Ticket. This code would only be available, however, from Feb. 27 to March 02."

But I can't find the Eon ticket code on pokemon.com.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like Arceus will be important after all.

Mystery 1: A Mass Outbreak of Pikachu!?
Hoopa has the power to summon anything and everything using its rings! This power is what makes this the story of a grave situation the likes of which has rarely ever been seen before!!

Mystery 2: A Mass Outbreak of Legendary Pokémon!?
While on the subject of pikachu eing summoned, apparently legendary Pokémon get summoned too!? That would be ridiculous!

Mystery 3: Rayquaza is alternate-colored black!?
What kind of powers does this Rayuaza have...? Is this story going to go all out!?

Mystery 4: What's With These Eyes on the Poster!?
You can see this suspicious portion of the poster's background. What does it mean!?

Mystery 5: How Will Hoopa Play in the Video Game!?
We have high expectations for what kind of moves Hoopa, with its mysterious powers, will have!

Mystery 6: How Does Arceus Relate to it All!?
The giveaway for the special pre-order movie ticket is Arceus. Does it hold the key to the mystery of Hoopa!?

Mystery 7: What are the Legendary Pokémon Being Given Out!?
Take note of the ring in the middle. Just whose ring is this!?

Whats the Deal with that?

I've seen Black and Blue trending on Twitter, but i have no idea whats going on

A certain photo of a dress that may appear to be of different colours to different individuals.

And, apparently, different displays.

(I saw a white and gold dress on my laptop display, but a black and blue dress on my phone. Help!)

Top Bottom