• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

harmonize

Misty and Gizelle both caught blushes from ya boy, Serena wishes she was on that level with that weak nose-scratch game.

Somebody convince me to buy Alpha Sapphire with some of the money I have laying around. It's my least favorite games in the series, but damn I can only play X for so long before whatever addictive substance Game Freak adds to their cartridges during production wears off and I have to venture off to find my next hit. Are the changes they made from the originals worth it?

harmonize

>Misty

Oh so now it makes sense.
James-Franco-Wink-Gif-In-Spider-Man.gif

But for real guys is it worth it? My money is in Gamestop spacestock and they're only open for another two hours and I'll be damned if I wait another day for my fix. The janky overworld movement is fixed, right? Is the flying any fun, or is it just strictly a legendaries affair after five minutes of use? Because from what I've seen of it, it looks undercooked. I've heard the difficulty is lower, but how much moreso when EXP share is off? Around XY level?

But for real guys is it worth it? My money is in Gamestop spacestock and they're only open for another two hours and I'll be damned if I wait another day for my fix. The janky overworld movement is fixed, right? Is the flying any fun, or is it just strictly a legendaries affair after five minutes of use? Because from what I've seen of it, it looks undercooked. I've heard the difficulty is lower, but how much moreso when EXP share is off? Around XY level?

Have you played X or Y? Or have you never played Ruby/Sapphire?

harmonize

Have you played X or Y? Or have you never played Ruby/Sapphire?
I've played both, but I wasn't sure what all changed between the originals and the remakes content-wise as I didn't keep up with their development much. Was kind of concerned about the difficulty due to what I've heard, but I feel people overstated that problem in XY as well, and as long as ORAS is at least on that level with exp share off I'm content.

I went ahead and picked up AS anyways, so I'll see I suppose.

I've played both, but I wasn't sure what all changed between the originals and the remakes content-wise as I didn't keep up with their development much. Was kind of concerned about the difficulty due to what I've heard, but I feel people overstated that problem in XY as well, and as long as ORAS is at least on that level with exp share off I'm content.

I went ahead and picked up AS anyways, so I'll see I suppose.

Have fun! Just enjoy the game for what it is. That's the rule I play with.

Busaiku

Yeah, I keep intending to get all the Pokemon and build a great team, but it hasn't happened yet.
If the next game is further out, it raises the likelihood of me actually following through in Alpha Sapphire.

Yeah, I keep intending to get all the Pokemon and build a great team, but it hasn't happened yet.
If the next game is further out, it raises the likelihood of me actually following through in Alpha Sapphire.

I just don't really find the motivation to complete the Pokédex since I already did that in Y. Felt kind of redundant.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It sucked that the pokemon tourney was during the salty suite, I couldnt concentrate on 2 streams at once, and plus the salty suite took away alot of views from spooky's channel I wish that incident didnt happen so everyone got their equal do :(

Busaiku

I never actually completed the Pokedex, ever.
Not even in Red/Blue/Yellow.

In each of the Kano games, I was only ever able to get 149 Pokemon.
For some reason, Taurus was absolutely impossible for me to catch.

One of the main reasons I never complete the Pokedex is cause I insist on trying to get all the Pokemon I possibly can, including events, before I start trading.

harmonize

I knew somebody whose Blue corrupted while trying to set up a trade for the last pokemon he needed to complete the 'dex sans Mew. I think it was a Scyther, he was pretty devastated afterwards and ended up using a gameshark to rush through the game and get everything again.

Don't even care if it was to catch up he's still a cheater in my book
kttcolipacspit

One of the main reasons I never complete the Pokedex is cause I insist on trying to get all the Pokemon I possibly can, including events, before I start trading.

I think the best way to do it is probably do start engaging in trading as soon as possible if only to get a few things as easily as possible. Saves a lot of headaches that way. That won't really work with version-exclusive legendary Pokémon, though.

I've never completed the Pokedex either, but I'm working on it in ORAS.

I'm playing through a lot of the older Pokemon games that I collected but never ended up finishing. Right now I'm playing through Pokemon White and just realized that the Dream World thing isn't running any more. I never used it when I first started playing and now I guess I never can. Am I missing out on anything really significant? Like, are there exclusive Pokemon I'll never be able to own? Or does it figure into the plot in a meaningful way such that I can't beat the game now? Thanks for the help!

Disker

Does somebody want to help me get a Alakazam? I need a "retrade". Already have a Kadabra, i have no friends with a 3DS and i trust GAF.

I would really appreciate it, just bought a 3DS-xl yesterday with AS. I have a friend code if that is needed 5344-0875-4126. I will not risk this with random people on the 3DS :p.

My first time trading so bear with me if it does not go smooth (but how hard could it be).

Edit: Well its done :p

Refyref

I'm playing through a lot of the older Pokemon games that I collected but never ended up finishing. Right now I'm playing through Pokemon White and just realized that the Dream World thing isn't running any more. I never used it when I first started playing and now I guess I never can. Am I missing out on anything really significant? Like, are there exclusive Pokemon I'll never be able to own? Or does it figure into the plot in a meaningful way such that I can't beat the game now? Thanks for the help!

You won't be able to farm berries anymore, and some secret abilities of certain Pokemon were only obtainable from there, but you're not missing on anything important.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm mmm. For videos, I have always thought that subs aren't ideal. Kind of defeats the point of watching the actual show. (I tend to use subtitles as more of a helper to understanding things, not the only way to.)

Pokemon is a children's show so the subs are more of a supplement since it's easy to follow the show.

Hey guys! I hope this is the right place to ask! I've been catching up on the Pokemon episodes through Netflix and now I have the urge to play the games again.

I am getting a New 3DSXL next week and was wondering what is the best Pokemon game to start with on it? Would X/Y or the new Omega/Sapphire game be better?

Thanks!

Firestorm

Hey guys! I hope this is the right place to ask! I've been catching up on the Pokemon episodes through Netflix and now I have the urge to play the games again.

I am getting a New 3DSXL next week and was wondering what is the best Pokemon game to start with on it? Would X/Y or the new Omega/Sapphire game be better?

Thanks!
What's the last Pokemon game you played? Do you plan to play both or just try one? Do you think you're going to try the multiplayer?

What's the last Pokemon game you played? Do you plan to play both or just try one? Do you think you're going to try the multiplayer?

I got a couple badges into Black 1 I believe on a friends DS and that's it. I know nothing of the multiplayer but I would be down to get into it. I would like to start with one but I would probably end up getting both.

Busaiku

Did you play Ruby/Sapphire before?
Probably just best to get Alpha Sapphire if not, since it'll be fresher, and you can catch more (after the Elite 4).

Did you play Ruby/Sapphire before?
Probably just best to get Alpha Sapphire if not, since it'll be fresher, and you can catch more (after the Elite 4).

I did play them before but I don't remember much of them at all, I will probably give that one a shot and move on to X or Y.

Firestorm

I got a couple badges into Black 1 I believe on a friends DS and that's it. I know nothing of the multiplayer but I would be down to get into it. I would like to start with one but I would probably end up getting both.
Just jump to latest games then. XY is the game I enjoyed more and I think perfect for those who played RBY and haven't played since but ORAS as the latest gives you the chance to play along and do multiplayer and do events and things like that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Damn, if only Ash had a Pokeball, he would have caught that giant dunsparce.

Also that was a hilarious ep. And teasing.

Top Bottom