• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We should use that a lot whenever we got news shenanigans

I like this too
f52.png

Busaiku

Wait, I just realized the Cosplay Pikachu were more expensive than most.
They're standard size, but priced almost at large size.

gym battle was hype

Ash's plan of waiting out the trick room was great, definitely something we wouldn't see old-Ash plan for it instead of dumb lucking into it

Breaking the trick room did feel a bit like ATTACK THE MOON, but even then it did make some sense in the end.

and yes, this shot did look amazing

This has been biting at me for some time now...

Has it ever been said that Bisharp, like Samurott is based on a samurai or is it just a guess? To be honest, the whole motif surrounding Bisharp confuses me.

L.O.R.D

gym battle was hype

Ash's plan of waiting out the trick room was great, definitely something we wouldn't see old-Ash plan for it instead of dumb lucking into it

Breaking the trick room did feel a bit like ATTACK THE MOON, but even then it did make some sense in the end.

is that valerie ?
her eyes look normal

Outside of the chess motif?

Yeah. When it was first revealed in the Japanese version, people did call it a Power Ranger/Kamen Rider and said it was based on tokusatsu.

Then I hear it's based on Japanese bandits and samurai generals. Then, the localizers name the evolution line after chess pieces.

Sometimes I wish the developers would speak up more about Pokemon motifs.

Yeah. When it was first revealed in the Japanese version, people did call it a Power Ranger/Kamen Rider and said it was based on tokusatsu.

Then I hear it's based on Japanese bandits and samurai generals. Then, the localizers name the evolution line after chess pieces.

Sometimes I wish the developers would speak up more about Pokemon motifs.

On the other hand, I like the crazy speculation at times.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well Ash seems to be all about asking his new teammates to join instead of tossing Pokeballs at them.

Maybe he should try that whenever he sees a Dunsparce again

Nightbird

I just noticed that the Dragon-Type has the least amount of Attacks (13). Even Fairy has more (17)

You think it's probably too late to get ORAS with the possibility of Pokemon Z or something a kin to that being announced in a few days?

Nope, jump in! bought it myself just this week! :D

Well the theory of no game being released this year is solidifying even more. Hoopa is confirmed as the distribution gift for the movie. People can say wait until E3 but the fact that they announced SMD at the same time they did for ORAS last year means that it isn't likely.

ash_ag

gym battle was hype

Genuinely impressed by the battle's general direction. The XY anime has stepped it up in a major way in this department. It made me consider how the game mechanics could evolve to include strategies such as "using X-Scizor to decrease Trick Room's duration". Putting terrain/stage into the equation would be the most essential addition the game battle mechanics could get. Probably my #1 hope for Gen 7.

In other news, Bandai teases a new gashapon line (I think) aimed for adults.

The text reads "Soon, a tribute to all adults who were Pokémon Trainers."

Curious what it will be. This "Next Vendor's Innovation" thing is what brought us this Yamcha figure:

Well the theory of no game being released this year is solidifying even more. Hoopa is confirmed as the distribution gift for the movie. People can say wait until E3 but the fact that they announced SMD at the same they did for ORAS last year means that it isn't likely.
I don't think anyone held out hope for a game this year any more.

A February 2016 game revealed at E3, on the other hand...

JoeM86

I don't think anyone held out hope for a game this year any more.

A February 2016 game revealed at E3, on the other hand...

Revealed at E3? Nope.

Revealed at Worlds in August? Now that would be more interesting

Well the theory of no game being released this year is solidifying even more. Hoopa is confirmed as the distribution gift for the movie. People can say wait until E3 but the fact that they announced SMD at the same time they did for ORAS last year means that it isn't likely.

To be fair, we knew Hoopa would be the gift for the movie. It was all but confirmed in February when they announced that you get Arceus for prebooking tickets.
I've been saying this theory since like December since everything fell into place with it :p

They'll probably do a XZ and YZ or something.

I don't want another Kanto remake. Fuck Kanto. They're probably going to throw even more Kanto Megas at us in the next game anyway. -_-

JoeM86

They'll probably do a XZ and YZ or something.

I don't want another Kanto remake. Fuck Kanto. They're probably going to throw even more Kanto Megas at us in the next game anyway. -_-

To be fair, it's pretty clear that the idea of Mega Evolution was to make classic Pokémon relevant again, since many of them became ridiculously outclassed due to the power creep that has been happening.

Top Bottom