• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Refyref

Also apparently the reason the 3DS main games lag a lot is because of the models of Pokemon. Rather than downscaling them, apparently GF kept the polygon count, and it's high as fuck (they wanted the models to be used for future games).

I doubt they didn't downscale them at all, that would pretty stupid, as they hold far more data than is relevant for the 3DS' resolution. But the models they used in the game itself still have a pretty high polycount, one of the higher ones I've seen on 3DS.

Also apparently the reason the 3DS main games lag a lot is because of the models of Pokemon. Rather than downscaling them, apparently GF kept the polygon count, and it's high as fuck (they wanted the models to be used for future games).

I doubt they didn't downscale them at all, that would pretty stupid, as they hold far more data than is relevant for the 3DS' resolution. But the models they used in the game itself still have a pretty high polycount, one of the higher ones I've seen on 3DS.

I've heard that the polygon counts that are actually used in the Generation VI games are close to, or equal to, the average character polygon count for PlayStation 3 games. Dunno if how true or false it is.

(Gates to Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon uses reduced models, I think, and they run much better while not looking far worse.)

I've heard that the polygon counts that are actually used in the Generation VI games are close to, or equal to, the average character polygon count for PlayStation 3 games. Dunno if how true or false it is.

(Gates to Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon uses reduced models, I think, and they run much better while not looking far worse.)

Gen VI games have models that go over 10k polys, that puts it right around a lot of PS360 games.

Caladrius

I'm pretty sure all of my DS pokemon games were stolen

Including my Japanese copy of Platinum.

At least my 3DS games were left untouched

Cal, stahp, why do you hate me?

Nah, I'm just evil

I brightened up Blastoise a bit and made Venusaur's skin a little bit more green, looks a lot nice to me now, thanks for the input.
NXapZck.png

I never really noticed that until you brought up the comparisons. Now I know why I don't like most of the 3D models.

TrickRoom

Currently watching the Spring Regional Championships. Of all the competitive tournaments I spectate, the players in these games always seem to smile the most. I love the playercams.

Caladrius

That fuckin sucks, what happened?

It turns out they weren't stolen. My mom just lost them trying to bring them to me while I was in the hospital a few weeks ago.
-____-;

With any luck she just dropped them in the trunk of the car. If not there's not much to do but try and collect them all again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If the models ingame have ~10K polys, that's complete lunacy. No wonder the games run so badly; what a terrible decision.

I really wish they'd lower the poly-count, it's not like they'll lose them or anything.

Apparently Pikachu for instance has the same polygon count as Sm4sh Pikachu.

Toxi

Banned
Just need to say this because I was reminded of it today: Koffing and Weezing are awesome.

They're flying purple sacks of explosive poisonous gas shaped like naval mines with little skull emblems. What's not to love?

artpicks_yilxweezing.jpg

I want Weezing to get a mega evolution that changes the typing to Poison/Steel. Combined with Levitate, that would be such a sexy type combo, and it would fit the whole naval mine concept and their defensively-oriented stats.

I brightened up Blastoise a bit and made Venusaur's skin a little bit more green, looks a lot nice to me now, thanks for the input.
NXapZck.png
Those look fantastic.

It's annoying how Gamefreak made the colors so desaturated in XYORAS, because the Pokemon models really do look fantastic when their colors are more bright.

I love the Gen IV models. They capture the charm of each Pokemon perfectly as well as being so detailed. Gen IV has problems in a lot of areas, but the models aren't one of them.

-Horizon-

It turns out they weren't stolen. My mom just lost them trying to bring them to me while I was in the hospital a few weeks ago.
-____-;

With any luck she just dropped them in the trunk of the car. If not there's not much to do but try and collect them all again.
Ah that sucks cal :/

Hope you manage to find them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hahahaha all that Steven-sexuality, even Jessie is in love!

And as expected, Ash rekt and painfully eradicated Shota even with latter having the "evolve-mid battle" plot armor - it was a straight 3-0. And thus Frogadier and Grovyle became rivals.

Also next week's ep

HOLY SHIT FUCKING KAWAII DADDY ASH AND DADDY HAWLUCHA FOR NOIBAT

Fine. Edited. Even with context I still edited out the trigger.

Certain things will always be considered a "trigger" even with context due to the nature of the subject in question. (In many forums, rape is considered a serious matter that shouldn't be used unless it is referring to actual rape - no casual usage of it to refer to something else)

I final have my Victini plushie right on my bed again. Strangely, seeing it feels unusually comforting.

Nightbird

I think i will finally bite today and buy AS.

I really want to play an Monster RPG, and it seems that neither Yokai Watch, nor anything Pokémon-related will release this year.

The only thing that makes it hard for me to purchase it is the laughable weak difficulty though :/

Top Bottom