• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

ash_ag

The connection between Necrozma and Ho-Oh makes perfect sense

Prism.
Rainbow

:)

Ooh, that didn't cross my mind. Interesting connection.

Watch "Stars" be a codename for the game eventually named 'Pokémon Prism'. That would give a new sense to the whole Prism hack shutdown incident. Though I suppose it would be more symmetrical if "Prism" was the codename, opposite "Niji". :p

Mr-Joker

Banned
I haven't even gotten past the 2nd island in Sun and I'm starting another Platinum playthrough. I wish I had more motivation to play Sun.

Don't blame ya, I like Pokémon Sun but Alola felt so liner and the game being more stor driven didn't help either.

also sad rock pupper

ca1.jpg

Hey he was told many times not to pee in the house.

SM3 of TCG features Ho-Oh and Necrozma.

There's an inescapable irony on the fact that Zygarde had to wait until 2016 (three years after its debut) to get a card, while never receiving a game of its own. As an insult to injury, it didn't even receive a TCG set, debuting on a random Alakazam-starring set instead. Meanwhile, Necrozma stars on a set coming mere months after SM, before its own game, which is not only rumored to exist (a feat on its own), but will also get an unprecedentedly early release to begin with. They couldn't even wait a few more months. Get well soon Zygarde. :p

giphy.gif

Stay losing Zygarde.

Though if they are introducing Necrozma now then perhaps "Pokémon Star" might actually be releasing this year, though it would make gen 7 the shortest generation ever should that be the case.

The connection between Necrozma and Ho-Oh makes perfect sense

Prism.
Rainbow

:)

Ahhhhh I see, I always keep forgetting that Ho-Oh is the rainbow Pokémon.

ash_ag

Stay losing Zygarde.

Though if they are introducing Necrozma now then perhaps "Pokémon Star" might actually be releasing this year, though it would make gen 7 the shortest generation ever should that be the case.

Well, not necessarily. If anything, establishing Gen 7 on Switch via Stars will allow them to comfortably extend it as much as they need to. The second Gen 7 game may as well be on both 3DS and Switch.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sooo
Kukui gave Ash his Rockruff.

Well, not necessarily. If anything, establishing Gen 7 on Switch via Stars will allow them to comfortably extend it as much as they need to. The second Gen 7 game may as well be on both 3DS and Switch.

True, though I am just gonna wait and see what the are up to than try and guess what their plan are.

The only thing that I am 100% sure on is that "Pokémon Star" will be a sequel and will star Necrozma.

Very very interesting, Serebii. What's your theory on this?

That Alola and Johto are connected as the people that discovered Alola originally came from Johto.

That feeling when TPC announce support for Pokkén that's so bad you almost wish they didn't bother.

Why what did they do?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I haven't played Sun since like December (that new Digimon game is addicting, and now I have Zelda coming up), but I've enjoyed the SM anime...the episode with Rockruff was honestly my favorite yet. Loved Magmar of all Pokemon getting a pretty cool showing too.

It's weird we finally have a Pokemon with a nickname in Shiron---I mean outside of random COTD Pokemon and Ritchie's Pokemon + Misty's Luvdisc, this is a first basically.

I feel like the dub will go with like Blanche or something like that.

Wiseblade

Why what did they do?

Do I really want to know?

(where the fuck is my gosh darn Empoleon?!)

Worlds will be done on the Wii U version which is 4 characters and 2 balance patches behind the arcade
It's not just that, TPC didn't learn any lessons from last year. They've waited until the VGC/TCG 2017 seasons are well underway before announcing Pokkén support, so people who would have otherwise picked Pokkén will have already accumulated points in another event and be reluctant to switch. On top of that, the announcement was relatively buried and dropped with no details of qualifying events except for the Last Chance Qualifier the day before Worlds. It definitely gives the impression that TPC is throwing scraps under the table to Pokkén and expecting the community to be overjoyed.

At least if they did nothing, Pokkén would be an easier sell to Fighting Game tournament organisers who like a pity project and "saving" a game. TPCI seem set to mismanage Pokkén again and the poor attendance for a second year in a row will likely damage the community.

JoeM86

It's not just that, TPC didn't learn any lessons from last year. They've waited until the VGC/TCG 2017 seasons are well underway before announcing Pokkén support, so people who would have otherwise picked Pokkén will have already accumulated points in another event and be reluctant to switch. On top of that, the announcement was relatively buried and dropped with no details of qualifying events except for the Last Chance Qualifier the day before Worlds. It definitely gives the impression that TPC is throwing scraps under the table to Pokkén and expecting the community to be overjoyed.

At least if they did nothing, Pokkén would be an easier sell to Fighting Game tournament organisers who like a pity project and "saving" a game. TPCI seem set to mismanage Pokkén again and the poor attendance for a second year in a row will likely damage the community.

I think that Pokkén's involvement this year is just down to the "support" it had in the EVO thing

JoeM86

That's my suspicion too.the announcement feels totally reactionary to the EVO Ballot, especially given the lack of details for qualifying events.

Yeah. All we know is the Last Chance Qualifier

With that, plus it being Wii U despite Wii U being so behind...

Busaiku

Man, I don't like what they're doing with Kukui in the show.
Was hoping he'd slowly build up his team, not give away everything...

Man, I don't like what they're doing with Kukui in the show.
Was hoping he'd slowly build up his team, not give away everything...
I knew that was going to happen the moment they kept repeatedly showing them bonding throughout episodes. They're drawing out the litten capture that will most likely happen, Grubbin could be 5th unless it's a gag

Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten, Grubbin and Rockruff would be the most predictable, bog-standard Ash lineup imaginable. I'm hoping for a surprise, out-of-left-field choice- something like a Wimpod or an Alolan Sandshrew, and that wasn't predicted for him the very second it was revealed.

Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten, Grubbin and Rockruff would be the most predictable, bog-standard Ash lineup imaginable. I'm hoping for a surprise, out-of-left-field choice- something like a Wimpod or an Alolan Sandshrew, and that wasn't predicted for him the very second it was revealed.
I'd argue only hoenn and maybe Kalos was the only time this wasn't the case

I'd argue only hoenn and maybe Kalos was the only time this wasn't the case
Unova was pretty diverse, if only because he caught so damned many- I don't think anyone would have predicted Palpitoad or Roggenrola.
Sinnoh wasn't bad, either- I don't think many foresaw Gligar or Gible in advance.

You have to go back to Johto to see him with such a predictable lineup, give or take Heracross.

Unova was pretty diverse, if only because he caught so damned many- I don't think anyone would have predicted Palpitoad or Roggenrola.
Sinnoh wasn't bad, either- I don't think many foresaw Gligar or Gible in advance.

You have to go back to Johto to see him with such a predictable lineup, give or take Heracross.
Hmm yea I can see that. If my alola prediction is true that's so generic it hurts

Busaiku

How is Rockruff a standard Ash Pokémon.
And how would it be the most basic lineup when he doesn't have the common bird, a first for the series.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Huh, so for the names for the playable characters of SM in Japan, anyone know whether Sun and Moon is more popular or Yoh and Mizuki?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Happy Pokémon Day everyone!!

I knew that was going to happen the moment they kept repeatedly showing them bonding throughout episodes. They're drawing out the litten capture that will most likely happen, Grubbin could be 5th unless it's a gag

Yeah, Ash's totally getting Litten.

In fact my guess to what his Alola team will be;

Pikachu
Rowlet
Rockruff, I am betting that he will be the first to evolve.
Litten
Dewpider
Komala

If Ash catches a Grubbin it would be an out of left field choice as this will be the first time that Ash will have two electric type on his team when Grubbin evolves.

Honestly his Alola team is far more interesting and diverse than his bird man Alola team.

How is Rockruff a standard Ash Pokémon.
And how would it be the most basic lineup when he doesn't have the common bird, a first for the series.

Exactly plus Rockruff marks the second time that Ash caught a rock type Pokémon but unlike Boldore Rockruff isn't a reserve.

Slermy

Hey JoeM86, this is really minor, but I noticed your Pokédex lists transfer only moves (which is awesome), but doesn't list anything from purifying Shadow Pokémon from XD. Why is that?

Hey JoeM86, this is really minor, but I noticed your Pokédex lists transfer only moves (which is awesome), but doesn't list anything from purifying Shadow Pokémon from XD. Why is that?

I dunno if he reads this thread. Maybe you should PM him or post in the Sun/Moon thread?

Top Bottom