• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

The desktop tracker. Just tried it and it does seem to be working.

Only a matter of time before apps/websites are updated I guess.

But god is it slow, I cut my scan area in half cause it's takes too long for a full sweep otherwise. Hopefully something can be done but right now it's better than nothing.

jts

...hate me...
I’m trying to make my own calculator and comparing with pidgeycalc.com, and I think pidgeycalc has an error.

Random example:

240 Pidgeys - 720 candy (because that’s 240*3)

WITHOUT transfer after evolving checked.

Pidgey calc says to transfer 150 and after that will be able evolve 79.

BUT the candy total we would have is 150+720 = 870, and the candy required for 79 (79*12) would be 948.

Error or am I just missing something?

GulAtiCa

Now that my 95% Gyarados luckily has the best move set (according to the charts), I'm going to be on a lookout for a 100% Magikarp. Might as well, I get like 20+ of them a week usually.

CpNyqzMUIAAQrdW.jpg:large

BowieZ

Banned
has anyone even seen a weezing yet? im level 26 been to 3 different cities and have yet seen a weezing in a gym or anyone have one in their pokedex
Evolved one a few days ago thanks to dedication to get Koffings during the Pokevision craze, and I hatched one too, I think. (It's tough to remember sometimes.)

Azole

Neo Member
Evolved one a few days ago thanks to dedication to get Koffings during the Pokevision craze, and I hatched one too, I think. (It's tough to remember sometimes.)

The only Koffing I got was from an egg. Have yet to see one in the wild.

Joni

I’m trying to make my own calculator and comparing with pidgeycalc.com, and I think pidgeycalc has an error.

Random example:

240 Pidgeys - 720 candy (because that’s 240*3)

WITHOUT transfer after evolving checked.

Pidgey calc says to transfer 150 and after that will be able evolve 79.

BUT the candy total we would have is 150+720 = 870, and the candy required for 79 (79*12) would be 948.

Error or am I just missing something?
You are missing the one candy you get for evolving a Pokémon.

AdanVC

Snorlax is my fave Pokémon ever and I still haven't caught one yet and I'm level 18 so yesterday I saw this:

And instead of getting excited I simply wanted to cry because how the heck I would find it??? I didn't even bothered when I saw his silhouette I simply raised my fist to heaven saying "Damn you Niantic because of your fault I would not be able to catch Snorlax!!"

FeelsBadMan

If I have two Pokemon at the same level and one has higher CP and HP is there even a point to checking IVs? The way I understand IVs they would become apparent in the CP/HP values.

Dishwalla

Banned
Seeing a lot of really low CP Pokemon lately, just caught a CP25 Tauros(the other ones I've caught before were in the 500s and 600s). What gives, is this some glitch?

jayhawker

Seeing a lot of really low CP Pokemon lately, just caught a CP25 Tauros(the other ones I've caught before were in the 500s and 600s). What gives, is this some glitch?

Just randomness. I've caught 3 level 1 snorlaxes. It's a blessing really because they are easy to catch and give you candy/dust.

Sealtest

Snorlax is my fave Pokémon ever and I still haven't caught one yet

FeelsBadMan

I'm with you buds.. Cept mines Sandshrew/Sandslash and when the tracker sites worked they spawned in only one spot in my city and it was at random times. I still haven't gotten one from an egg:(

AdanVC

I'm with you buds.. Cept mines Sandshrew/Sandslash and when the tracker sites worked they spawned in only one spot in my city and it was at random times. I still haven't gotten one from an egg:(

Thanks, man :(

Woah and here Sandshrew/Sandslash are very common actually! Among with Cubone and Vulpix. Hope you can get one pretty soon! :(

Snorlax is my fave Pokémon ever and I still haven't caught one yet and I'm level 18 so yesterday I saw this:

And instead of getting excited I simply wanted to cry because how the heck I would find it??? I didn't even bothered when I saw his silhouette I simply raised my fist to heaven saying "Damn you Niantic because of your fault I would not be able to catch Snorlax!!"

FeelsBadMan

He's my favorite as well. The first time I saw his silhouette show up the servers literally crashed moments later and I could not sign in for over 6 hours. Then I saw him weeks later, but it was after midnight and all the poke maps had been shut down by that point, so I didn't even bother. Luckily I finally ended up getting him out of a lucky egg last week. It felt so cathartic, lol. I'm still in a good mood from it.

When you finally get him (and you will), it's going to be awesome!

Just got my first Abra and Diglett from 5km eggs, so I guess that makes up for that awful 2km earlier.

Kinda surprised I haven't ran into more Digletts, as farmlands are all around me.

pringles

We have known this for weeks guys. 2km can hatch from 5 and 10km. And 5km can hatch from 10km.
That's crazy. 241 eggs hatched now and never saw that happen. I'm gonna cry if I get a 5k mon from a 10k egg.

FeelsBadMan
It's still possible to track them down if they're nearby. It really helps if you know some of the regular spawn points in the area but otherwise move in one direction, restart the app to make sure the pokemon you're after is still nearby, otherwise backtrack until it appears again then move in a different direction and rinse repeat until you narrow it down.
By far the biggest issue with the nearby list is it becomes totally useless after a few minutes of walking around, but as long as you're rebooting the app to keep the list up to date it can be useful. Tracked down a Lapras today using it.

AdanVC

He's my favorite as well. The first time I saw his silhouette show up the servers literally crashed moments later and I could not sign in for over 6 hours. Then I saw him weeks later, but it was after midnight and all the poke maps had been shut down by that point, so I didn't even bother. Luckily I finally ended up getting him out of a lucky egg last week. It felt so cathartic, lol. I'm still in a good mood from it.

When you finally get him (and you will), it's going to be awesome!

What a rollercoaster of emotions lmao! Glad you finally made it and got a Snorlax! Also, glad that servers have been well for weeks. It seems Niantic finally made it on that aspect.

That's crazy. 241 eggs hatched now and never saw that happen. I'm gonna cry if I get a 5k mon from a 10k egg.

It's still possible to track them down if they're nearby. It really helps if you know some of the regular spawn points in the area but otherwise move in one direction, restart the app to make sure the pokemon you're after is still nearby, otherwise backtrack until it appears again then move in a different direction and rinse repeat until you narrow it down.
By far the biggest issue with the nearby list is it becomes totally useless after a few minutes of walking around, but as long as you're rebooting the app to keep the list up to date it can be useful. Tracked down a Lapras today using it.

Thank for the tip! Pretty damn useful, will definitely use it it ever appears his silhouette again.

So I'm having trouble with the Pokemon Go iOS update. My brother uninstalled and reinstalled as per Niantics instructions and even while using the right login, his account got reset to 1.

Is there a fix for this? Cause this is some bullshit.

Pachimari

Did some calculating, so my goal for tomorrow is to catch x1 Zubat, x1 Voltorb and x16 Pidgey so I can evolve one of my Pidgeotto's during my lucky egg mass evolving.

Lukemon

My 10k just hatched. Thanks for the uneeded paras. So sad......

Hatched a bunch and had no idea you could get mons from lower egg groups in 'better' eggs. Must be pretty rare... and pretty awful. Nobody I know has had any luck from a 10k yet anyway (although nothing that isn't 10k-specific) - think I come out best with my bad Scyther, but we don't really see them around here much so I'll take it. Last was a middling Magmar with Karate Chop. Come on, game. Play nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom