• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Incense work? Does it just spawn pokemon out of nowhere, or move existing ones towards you? When I used one, a Beedrill appeared next to me but there weren't any Beedrills on the Nearby thing. All the other pokemon in the next 30 mins were just the same old pidgeys and rattatas and crap.

Just saw a CP732 Eevee. Of course it ran away after one berry and one ultra ball...
Since I have rarely cuaght a Pokemon higher than Pokemon Lv 24, I'd guess this Eevee was close to perfect, at least CP wise.
Max CP for lv 24 Eevee would've been 738 at my trainer lv.

Pachimari

How does Incense work? Does it just spawn pokemon out of nowhere, or move existing ones towards you? When I used one, a Beedrill appeared next to me but there weren't any Beedrills on the Nearby thing. All the other pokemon in the next 30 mins were just the same old pidgeys and rattatas and crap.

It spawns random Pokémon out of nowhere while you are moving. You have to be moving.

Pachimari

The maximum size is 1000, so 13 upgrades.

Well, it spawns more while you move. But you still get 6 if you don't.

You don't necessarily have to be moving, but there is a higher spawn rate if you're walking rather than just standing still.

Edit: I'm a Slowpoke.
Oh I see. Didn't know you could get 6 Pokémon by just standing still.

Dose the eevee evolutions name glitch still work ?

Yes. And it is not a glitch. It just only works the first time.

Sh0k

I've been looking for over a week for a Squirtle to appear in my normal spots here in Miami with no luck, just woke up and checked my game, there was a 526CP Squirtle right in my front door. Finally I'm ready to evolve him into a Wartortle :)

Seems like it works as long as you do it for all three, then make sure to close down the app, then you can do so again. Just can't use it to get only Rainers for instance.

I don't think so, I did a cycle with all three over a period of a few days, then didn't evolve any Eevees for at least a week. Next time I tried, I started with something other than the last evolution I tried, and it still didn't work.

That said, I'm not sure if I tried the first in the cycle (I did Jolteon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon, then I think I tried Flareon again) so it's still possible the trick works after the first complete set and I just botched it, but most people seem to say otherwise and that matches my experience.

Koren

You don't necessarily have to be moving, but there is a higher spawn rate if you're walking rather than just standing still.
I think it spawns pokémons in a given position. So walking increase your chances to encounter them.

But if the spawning rate is high enough, you don't have to walk, incense or not (I'd say the incense only increase the spawning rate). Last wednesday, I went to a restaurant with a friend, he presented me the game, and we catched ~10 pokémons while sitting, waiting for the order.

My hypothesis is that if a given pokemon is catched by X people, another one is spawned elsewhere. For this reason, areas where there's a lot of people playing offers you a lot of opportunities, even if you're not moving.

L Thammy

Okay, so I have two options.

1. Stay at home and try to recover from my summer cold
2. Go hit up some Pokestops

Which do I pick?

P.S. I'm picking 2 anyway.

I imagine they want to hold the Legendaries back for events and such. I can see the 3 legendary birds being something you earn or unlock for the team you are apart of.

I just hope however they do it, it's not that hard to get the other 2 birds as well.

I figure that the legendaries are going to kick off the plot, where it's revealed that all of the teams are the villains in Sun/Moon and we've all been fighting for world domination.

I got to stop playing the grind is real rough on me when I know a game is missing an end-game

114c/116s

GulAtiCa

I've been playing a lot and still only at 85 caught. I imagine by time I get closer to 125 it will get harder for me. Hopefully sometime in the Fall they release Gen 2. Ideally they start to release some of the Sun/Moon gen Pokemon around it's launch to help build launch.

Yrael

I think it spawns pokémons in a given position. So walking increase your chances to encounter them.

But if the spawning rate is high enough, you don't have to walk, incense or not (I'd say the incense only increase the spawning rate). Last wednesday, I went to a restaurant with a friend, he presented me the game, and we catched ~10 pokémons while sitting, waiting for the order.

My hypothesis is that if a given pokemon is catched by X people, another one is spawned elsewhere. For this reason, areas where there's a lot of people playing offers you a lot of opportunities, even if you're not moving.

According to the code, they spawn only once every five minutes while stationary, or once every minute (minimum walking distance 200 metres) while you’re walking (though in reality it's going to be complicated by the often inaccurate GPS):

zmeceekybn9x.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...a_incense_spawns_1_pokémon_every_5_min_while/

If you caught more than 6 while sitting still in a restaurant, your GPS location might have been glitching and jittering, causing the game to think that you were moving. Some people use this to their advantage by hatching eggs while sitting in their apartment.

jayhawker

I'm only at 75 caught, and I'm getting close to level 23. I didn't use pokevision much because it wasn't fun to go walk to specified coordinates with no mystery/uncertainty, but I did get a scyther out of it when it was new.

I assume that's why my pokedex is so bad. When then in game tracker is back I look forward to getting to 110 or wherever it starts to get impossible.

Are there drowsies in North America? I've never seen one, and I've never seen anyone with one.

BahamutPT

According to the code, they spawn only once every five minutes while stationary, or once every minute/every 200 metres while you’re walking (though in reality it's going to be complicated by the often inaccurate GPS)

Not sure if that's what you meant, but for the incense to spawn a Pokémon every 60 seconds you actually have to move those 200m. It's not an either/or situation, both requirements must be met.

Par Score

I don't think so, I did a cycle with all three over a period of a few days, then didn't evolve any Eevees for at least a week. Next time I tried, I started with something other than the last evolution I tried, and it still didn't work.

That said, I'm not sure if I tried the first in the cycle (I did Jolteon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon, then I think I tried Flareon again) so it's still possible the trick works after the first complete set and I just botched it, but most people seem to say otherwise and that matches my experience.

As long as you follow the same cycle, you can do it indefinitely.

So Jolteon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon -> Jolteon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon will work.

Jolteon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon -> Flareon will fail, as you've noticed.

Yrael

Are there drowsies in North America? I've never seen one, and I've never seen anyone with one.

Yeah, there are.

The Pokemon spawns exclusive to regions are:

- Tauros (North America only)
- Kangaskhan (Australia only)
- Mr. Mime (Europe only)
- Farfetch'd (Asia only)

I think it might be possible to hatch them all from eggs though in all regions...not sure.

Not sure if that's what you meant, but for the incense to spawn a Pokémon every 60 seconds you actually have to move those 200m. It's not an either/or situation, both requirements must be met.

That is what I meant, yep, should've worded that more clearly.

Edit: Done.

ChrisW

Not even going to attempt to find this, also this is my village, we have one Pokestop and one gym that are next to each other and take about 15/20 minutes to walk to from my house...

o9ti0Vo.jpg

Guardian

Banned
Not even going to attempt to find this, also this is my village, we have one Pokestop and one gym that are next to each other and take about 15/20 minutes to walk to from my house...

o9ti0Vo.jpg
As my friend and I keep saying to one another. If it's on your nearby list. It's either in China or right next to you, or somewhere in between.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, there are.

The Pokemon spawns exclusive to regions are:

- Tauros (North America only)
- Kangaskhan (Australia only)
- Mr. Mime (Europe only)
- Farfetch'd (Asia only)

I think it might be possible to hatch them all from eggs though in all regions...not sure.
South America should get exclusive Mew. Canon!

Magik

As my friend and I keep saying to one another. If it's on your nearby list. It's either in China or right next to you, or somewhere in between.

Same with my friends. Lord knows where it could be or worse... if it has already despawned and the game hasn't updated.

I don't even care about the tracker sites themselves but they have to get the in-game tracker back up asap. My group of friends are beginning to burn out quickly from the game and even traditional areas that use to have large groups of people hanging out are starting to thin out very quickly.

zroid

Banned
Finally caught an Electabuzz, one showed up in my house after they've been teasing me on the radar for weeks, but was never able to track one down...

Biske

o9ti0Vo.jpg

Yup, better tracking is sorely needed. Saw a Squirtle the other day and trying to find it was maddening, eventually gave up.

At this point you have to have multiple people all heading out different directions and hope it works that way.

zroid

Banned
Should I evolve my Weedle or power up first then evolve?

it doesn't matter but generally speaking you don't want to power up a Pokémon much before evolving since you never know what moves its final evo will end up with

also what Joni said haha

IGN's Snapchat story has a nice egg list....except they state that any "lower" Pokemon can come out of higher eggs.

Most of their coverage over the last few weeks has basically been regurgitating the same info over and over that we've known about for a while or speculating on things or just talking about rumors like WHERE IS DITTO.

This is especially aggravating because then it pops up on my local GO Facebook page later on lmao

Found a wild Nidoking the other day which was totally awesome...although I had about 60 some Nido candies ready...now I just need Queen. Also found a wild Dratini so I powered up that Dragonite I got.

I cried a bit the other day as well when I was out and spotted a Snorlax by a Gym...and tapped it...and then it disappeared. I kept walking around hoping it would pop back up but....nope. Thanks obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom