• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just got a Rattata from a 2km egg.

Current mood:
i%2Bhate%2Beverything.gif

Last few 5km eggs: Zubat, Psyduck, Poliwag, Paras, Nidoran, Goldeen. I have the worst luck with those things :p My best recent egg was a 440cp Bulbasaur from a 2km egg. I had a 94cp Aerodactyl from a 10 km egg :/

lol. I got one from a 2km egg yesterday, but I was pleased since I have yet to see one in the wild.

wtf? Then there must be big regional differences. Rattata is Pidgey/Weedle level here. Literally everywhere.

I wish they would change up the very common mons per region from time to time. Like why have I never seen a Bellsprout before, that one should be everywhere.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I was in Santa Fe this week and felt like a real life Pokemon trainer in the anime journeying to a new land. Where I live currently is around a bunch of lakes so we have predominantly grass/water pokemon. Santa Fe was littered with rock and fire pokemon which are hard to find around my home. The gyms were predominantly filled with fire pokemon which I repeatedly destroyed =D

Stocked up on rock and fire pokemon while I was there for possible trading purposes in the future.

Also saw this Arcanite for the first time which is now my strongest CP mon. (I have all this stardust because I have not leveled a single one of my mons yet. I'm not a big battler and am waiting for best possible IVs)

Just got a Rattata from a 2km egg.

Current mood:
i%2Bhate%2Beverything.gif

My last six 2km egg were nothing but trash.
There are 8 possible outcomes* I don't consider trash and 6 possible outcomes** I consider trash.

*Pikachu, Squirtle, Charmanda, Bulbasaur, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Geodude and Magikarp

**Pidgey, Zubat, Rattata, Weedle, Caterpie and Spearow.

To have six fails in a row is pretty unlikely but I defy the odds.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Do you live on an oil rig, or in the middle of a desert?

Was in a service station beside a Burger King yesterday, there were 7 of them.

You've yet to see a Rattata in the wild? Have you only been playing 5 minutes lol
wtf? Then there must be big regional differences. Rattata is Pidgey/Weedle level here. Literally everywhere.

I wish they would change up the very common mons per region from time to time. Like why have I never seen a Bellsprout before, that one should be everywhere.

I live in a city close to Rio (Brazil). Most common one in my experience has been Zubat by far, followed by Nidoran (male and female). Only Rattata I've seen was the one from the egg (it's the only egg I hatched so far. My first 10km and 5km ones are close now).

Here are the types I caught from 3 and a half days of casual play between my house and work, although I did go out of my way a couple times to meet people at Pokestops with lures. These are from the wild since I haven't evolved anything yet.

I'm happy with the variety, but I'd have seen more by now if it wasn't for the lack of tracking. Hope it doesn't take months for them to implement it.

Filth

My last six 2km egg were nothing but trash.
There are 8 possible outcomes* I don't consider trash and 6 possible outcomes** I consider trash.

*Pikachu, Squirtle, Charmanda, Bulbasaur, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Geodude and Magikarp

**Pidgey, Zubat, Rattata, Weedle, Caterpie and Spearow.

To have six fails in a row is pretty unlikely but I defy the odds.

I got pikachu from a 5k egg not a 2k

Filth

That isn't possible. All pokemon are restricted to their egg type and no crossover has ever been reported.

90% sure it was a 5k because I was hatching so many 2k's trying to get him and then when I saw my 5k was about to hatch he popped out. It's him and raichu. So if raichu is from a 10k egg wouldn't he be from a 5k.

L95

90% sure it was a 5k because I was hatching so many 2k's trying to get him and then when I saw my 5k was about to hatch he popped out. It's him and raichu. So if raichu is from a 10k egg wouldn't he be from a 5k.

Wait, evolved pokemon can hatch from eggs....?

Filth

Significantly the diagram above shows the Pokémon you can get at each tier – but there’s one important thing to consider. If you’ve got a 5km egg for example, you have the possibility of getting any Pokemon from the 5km tier, but you anything from the 2km Pokémon tier, too. In the same way, if you’ve got a 10km egg, you might hatch something exotic like a Scyther, but there’s also a chance you’ll hatch a less interesting 5km or 2km tier Pokémon.

I 100% got a pikachu from a 5k egg.

Joni

There are no evolutions in the eggs.

Radec

Ok me and my gf are getting addicted to this.

Tried using the fake gps trick but it keeps crashing on my phone. Installed it on my friend and he's traveling to countless places while sitting. lol

Chopper

Ok me and my gf are getting addicted to this.

Tried using the fake gps trick but it keeps crashing on my phone. Installed it on my friend and he's traveling to countless places while sitting. lol
Your friend will get banned. And I will laugh.

Artadius

Sorry, such a glut of information out there and some is old and outdated and some is kind of suspect to be honest.

At one time, I heard it was recommended to wait to power up / evolve until level 20 due to reasons.

Is that still recommended? What is recommended for someone who's like level 11 and is close to maxing out their pokemon space and bag space and doesn't want to spend money to upgrade them. Should I just lucky egg it up and power level now or just do a select few power ups to make some room?

BowieZ

Banned
Sorry if already discussed, but as a non-Pokéxpert, what's the deal with the next region of Pokémon (Johto)? Has there been ANY indication of when more will be released into the wild?

And how will they handle all the various smaller evolutions (eg Tyrogue or Pika) since the candy is based off their evolved forms?

(And I suppose, eg, Gloom, and of course Eevee will probably randomly evolve into the various final forms?)

Joni

Sorry, such a glut of information out there and some is old and outdated and some is kind of suspect to be honest.

At one time, I heard it was recommended to wait to power up / evolve until level 20 due to reasons.

Is that still recommended? What is recommended for someone who's like level 11 and is close to maxing out their pokemon space and bag space and doesn't want to spend money to upgrade them. Should I just lucky egg it up and power level now or just do a select few power ups to make some room?

1. Start determining how many evolutions you can actually do. If it is 40+, do the Lucky Egg.
2. Start cleaning up your item bag, you won't really need so many potions.

why did they remove the battery saver mode?
was the only way for me to keep the phone in the pocket without having random inputs going to the phone via walking
(yeah i hate having the display not being directed towards me in my pocket)

L Thammy

Slapped on a Lucky Egg and took a walk for over an hour. Hit enough Pokestops to get halfway to level 21b (had just reached 20). But no new Pokemon and it's somehow not enough to hatch my 5K eggs.

Caught a 1300 Scyther with 97% perfection, then hatched a Pinsir (my 6th or so) out of my 10k egg.

I'm experiencing a dangerous roller coaster of emotions.

zroid

Banned
yessss I'm finally getting some luck with egg drops, just picked up two 10kms in one short trip

only my 3rd and 4th overall

SuomiDude

Slapped on a Lucky Egg and took a walk for over an hour. Hit enough Pokestops to get halfway to level 21b (had just reached 20). But no new Pokemon and it's somehow not enough to hatch my 5K eggs.
5km/hour is a normal walking speed, so it could very well be that you didn't walk for 5km if you also caught Pokémons at the same time?

_woLf

Ran into a dragonite for the first time while out with the girlfriend.

Mine ran after one raspberry pokeball, and gf got the frozen pokeball glitch.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. We'll probably never see a dragonite again.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
has anyone even seen a weezing yet? im level 26 been to 3 different cities and have yet seen a weezing in a gym or anyone have one in their pokedex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom