• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't matter.

people put the better eggs in the blue ones because the blue ones get used up.

what makes more sense.
using your bluie incubator for 6km total distance (three 2km eggs) or using it for 20km distance (one 10km and two 5km eggs)

one of those clearly gives you a much better value for your consumable incubators.

aka only hatch 2km eggs in your infinity as it won't get used up from them.

I think this strategy is so dumb, because you're wasting all your steps and all of the 2K eggs you're not incubating are preventing possible 5/10k eggs from showing up at Pokestops.

I think this strategy is so dumb, because you're wasting all your steps and all of the 2K eggs you're not incubating are preventing possible 5/10k eggs from showing up at Pokestops.

Well, if you have a bunch of incubators, it's fine. ...but if you don't, you're going to be full of eggs regardless.

piggychan

Speaking of eggs and incubators I am fairly certain there is a glitch where you reach the goal and when you expect the eggs to hatch the animation doesn't kick in and I cannot see any extra pokemon in my list..

This has happened several times now.

Plus I have also had that driving/passenger message pop up a few times while I was just walking.

piggychan

EDIT:

ugghh.. double post my mistake.

I only have 1 incubator left and right now till they fix things I do not want to put any more money into this game

those discoveries are getting fewer and fewer
8EF1EE99-2803-4AEF-9F7A-C8E3DD308BCE.png

8287B6CD-5094-4939-8C2E-C5206DDFD98E.png

3226D441-74AF-4D71-8723-AFF84785864F.png

johnsmith

remember me
All the gyms near the university by my work have multiple level 35+s with snorlaxes and dragonites at 3k CP. That's gotta be botters, right?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Rattata egg followed by Weedle egg. The 3 gyms around me each with 2100+ Dragonites. Spawn rate in my area dramatically lowered.

Out.

HardRojo

I hate taking down a gym only to have a bypasser take it over with a weak Pokémon. There should be a timer for the person who takes it down so they can claim the gym for at least ten seconds after it becomes available.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Are you hatching 2k eggs? Because those are inevitably going to suck.

Was clearing them in hope of getting a 10k egg but also hoping for some of the starters since they used to spawn in this area but no more.

Maybe that tracker update will make the game something interesting to play again when the rest of the player-base are allowed it, but until then between the hacks and the server side changes all the fun is gone.

GulAtiCa

To be fair, 2k eggs are suppose to be mainly common Pokemon. After all, they are so easy to hatch. In the time it takes to hatch 1 10k egg or 2 5k eggs back to back you will do 5 2k eggs.

Let's be glad there are starter Pokemon among them, along with Some others like Geodude.

Pie and Beans

I'd be less sour about 2k eggs if 5k eggs didn't give me endless Drowzee when this whole goddamned city is lousy with them. The thought of getting a Jynx from a 10k egg would be phone endangering.

For whatever reason, when a lot of the serverside changes went through, the variety of Pokemon on the map here in the UK just went to total shit.

I'd be less sour about 2k eggs if 5k eggs didn't give me endless Drowzee when this whole goddamned city is lousy with them. The thought of getting a Jynx from a 10k egg would be phone endangering.

For whatever reason, when a lot of the serverside changes went through, the variety of Pokemon on the map here in the UK just went to total shit.

Join me in my suffering! The best pokemon I've caught is a Pidgeot!

And it's not even a good Pidgeot either!

Forever fewer than 80 seen :(

Kyari

I feel like we now get even MORE of the shit we always find and even less of the occasional rare thing.

Also whatever they patched in to make it harder for people to drive and catch Pokémon has basically made my work commute now spawn zero Pokémon, even at a complete stop at train stations

GulAtiCa

Maybe you guys need to move around more? The update made it so Pokemon don't stay on the tracker if they are long gone anymore. That was a bad thing the pre-patch did. So while it may have once looked like there were more Pokemon, in fact they were usually nowhere near. (Which was very annoying). The update in that respect made things so much better for me.

Things seem fine here as far as Pokemon sightings for me (I don't live in a city, but not rural either). Saw a Squirtle & Bulbasaur (sadly both escaped), Bellsprout, Oddishes & many Poliwags, Dratini, Growlithe (despawned before I could get to it :( ) and Eevees.

bigpumbaa

It's almost like as a community we should be a bit less knee jerk - especially when more and more games are services and this thing BROKE RECORDS.

Good on Niantic for trucking along and not wasting resources on "community."

Just make shit better in a reasonable time frame and hopefully the audience will be a bit more understanding.

But probably not.

wmlk

Because of the new tracker and the reliability of it, I was able to encounter a Lapras (that I couldn't catch).

I was walking in the wrong direction and it left the Tracking panel, so I went the opposite direction and I was able to find it easily.

rc213

Finally got some 10KM eggs and i get a Pinsir and Magmar both under 1000cp level 21 trainer.

This game hates me considering it took 5x longer to get the damn things to hatch thanks to the broken gps tracking steps.

I was driving home on the freeway and saw an Alakazam pop up on my radar out of the corner of my eye, so I got off at the next exit and parked and ran in every direction until I found it in front of a Yoshinoya lol. It took about 20 Ultra Balls and a lot of nervous time between throws but I caught him!!

I'm loving this new tracking method! I'm 3 for 3 on rare Pokémon so far today!

adamy

Banned
is it true that when moving too fast (you get the ingame message for driving then) no pokemon will spawn until you move slower?

they'll spawn, they'll just be impossible to catch

been like this since day 1

i unfortunately wasted several incense earlier on doing this

i'd actually get them to spawn at insane rates when moving fast in a car, they just always instantly break out and flee

piggychan

is it true that when moving too fast (you get the ingame message for driving then) no pokemon will spawn until you move slower?

I was getting that ingame message even when I was walking.

I am pretty sure the pokemon still spawn although I think I had a glitch where all the pokestops and pokemon just disappeared for about 30 mins of my journey while on train till I switched off my phone and turned it back on again and loaded up Poke Go.

I'm excited about going to London next week because I've never seen a Jynx and have a grand total of 11 Drowzee candy :p

they'll spawn, they'll just be impossible to catch

been like this since day 1

i unfortunately wasted several incense earlier on doing this

i'd actually get them to spawn at insane rates when moving fast in a car, they just always instantly break out and flee
I've caught plenty of Pokemon while driving since day 1.

My friend caught a Slowbro for me just last week when I was going 70km/h.

hirokazu

I was getting that ingame message even when I was walking.

I am pretty sure the pokemon still spawn although I think I had a glitch where all the pokestops and pokemon just disappeared for about 30 mins of my journey while on train till I switched off my phone and turned it back on again and loaded up Poke Go.
Yeah, I seem to have the bug where the base map loads but the the gyms, stops and pokemon don't until I quit and reboot. Happened three times now since the update.

adamy

Banned
I've caught plenty of Pokemon while driving since day 1.

My friend caught a Slowbro for me just last week when I was going 70km/h.

I'm talking about going like 60mph

This is nothing new, someone posted the data on this in first thread

There's also lots of info on it on Reddit

But yeah, didn't mean driving at low speeds. I've caught tons while on the bus

Awayze

Neo Member

Up here in Greater Manchester, the variety is trash, it seems only Dratini spawns like once a day in a random place in each town.
Catching any fire Pokémon seems a super rarity in itself. Water Pokemon galore!

Red Fire

Wow the new tracker is really great! Actually it's not just trial and error, the order of the pokemon actually works really well! Like good old days, if you go nearer the pokemon will come closer to the top left spot. Tracked down porygon, a snorlax and some other pokemon with friends thanks to that!

Also thanks to everyone in this thread who recommended GoIV, it's more accurate, faster and more comfortable than poke-assistant.

adamy

Banned
There's this awesome spawn right near my house that consistently has water Pokemon chillin there, which I desperately need

Only problem is that it's right smack in the middle of the LA river :/

Was finally able to run into and catch a Snorlax with the updated tracker actually showing relevant spawns. Only 768CP and 53-62% IV with a trainer level of 22, but it's another one added to the Pokedex and 4 candies for when I eventually find or hatch another one. Finally got my hands on a Vulpix as well.

Muku

Why does every update something annoying? Time before this one was the stupid dialogue box every time you start up. This time is the OMG YOU ARE GOING TOO FAST crap. How many times do I have to tap I am a passenger while on the bus?! Fffffffffuuuuu.

Also finding, that even going slow on the bus, and before this point would have gotten them fine, I have to tap things 500 times to get them to show up. Well, they show up if I'm lucky. Course then by time you get pissed off you are out of range and it disappears. Cmon Niantic.. how many times do I have to click?! Yes, I'm salty. I missed one of the rare chances I've had at a Squirtle tonight.

MANUELF

Banned
Why does every update something annoying? Time before this one was the stupid dialogue box every time you start up. This time is the OMG YOU ARE GOING TOO FAST crap. How many times do I have to tap I am a passenger while on the bus?! Fffffffffuuuuu.

Also finding, that even going slow on the bus, and before this point would have gotten them fine, I have to tap things 500 times to get them to show up. Well, they show up if I'm lucky. Course then by time you get pissed off you are out of range and it disappears. Cmon Niantic.. how many times do I have to click?! Yes, I'm salty. I missed one of the rare chances I've had at a Squirtle tonight.

There has been a lot of news about pokemon go players driving while playing so they just want to cover their bases so no one can say they are to blame and yeah it sucks big time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom