• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipu

Banned
The passive-aggressive statements about how the game is so good are always amazing. There are still clearly imperfections with the system, like Pokémon not being in any right order and the system not yet being up to par with the system the game launched with.

Tell how would it be perfect then.
Would it be perfect if we had Pokevision ingame that shows every pokemon where it is and you could tap it with your finger so you dont even need to walk there?
That how it sounds most people want it.

Would it be perfect if we had Pokevision ingame that shows every pokemon where it is and you could tap it with your finger so you dont even need to walk there?
I'm personally fine with the direction the tracker is going, but I think a lot of people want the step system from week 1 back.

Joni

How about an order in the Pokémon and the usage of three steps for the Sightings?

Vipu

Banned
How about an order in the Pokémon and the usage of three steps for the Sightings?

I agree with putting them in order, guess its not at least always like that now.
With 3 steps I think it would be too easy.

Imo perfect would be what we have now, with pokemons in order from nearest to farthest, with higher update rate.

Joni

I'm pretty sure the new Sightings system is in order of closest to furthest.

It is not. I have often seen the Pokémon second or third on the list appearing first. Even having three-four Pokémon visible, and not the first.

I agree with putting them in order, guess its not at least always like that now.
With 3 steps I think it would be too easy.

Imo perfect would be what we have now, with pokemons in order from nearest to farthest, with higher update rate.

Three steps is the identical system, but just with faster triangulation.

pringles

Last night the game showed me an omanyte nearby but the Scanner wouldnt. I tried the scanner 10 minutes later and suddenly it showed the omanyte with 10 seconds left in an area i pretty much walked past :(
That scanner has been a great tool while the in-game tracking was broken, but now the game actually works better. Several rare pokemon I've tracked down have not appeared on that scanner at all, or have appeared on one scan and not the next. Trust the game, if it's in your sightings, it's around.

More than getting the steps back, I actually wish the game would give an idea of the time remaining on pokemon. Maybe a green-orange-red symbol for showing 10+ minutes/5-10/0-5.

Joni

You do know the direction of what is closest has changed rifht?

Vipu has said it works for him from left to right consistently. I have seen the inverse, that right to left offers better indication but that I have even seen Pokémon appear first that were in the middle.

I finally fought a gym today. I beat one of the pokemon in the gyms and was hoping to gain some CP for the pokemon by beating it but nope...just a few XPs for my character. Disappointing.

Vipu

Banned
Vipu has said it works for him from left to right consistently. I have seen the inverse, that right to left offers better indication but that I have even seen Pokémon appear first that were in the middle.

No I didnt, I said mostly, not always.

Jonbo298

https://Pokemonnearby.io/nearby.html has been pretty stable for the last 24 hours so and is working under maximum capacity, so give it a go.

yEXc9zG.jpg

dd4.gif

adamy

Banned
I finally fought a gym today. I beat one of the pokemon in the gyms and was hoping to gain some CP for the pokemon by beating it but nope...just a few XPs for my character. Disappointing.

yeah, one of my biggest issues with the game is how little of an incentive there is to partake in the gym system

the reward system is fucking awful

this is why at level 27 i still rarely if ever battle gyms

i'll do a quick sweep of a bunch of gyms when my cool down hits, quickly redeem, then ignore gyms until my cool down hits again

Last night the game showed me an omanyte nearby but the Scanner wouldnt. I tried the scanner 10 minutes later and suddenly it showed the omanyte with 10 seconds left in an area i pretty much walked past :(

Yeah, there are gaps in PokémonNearby's scan area, and sometimes Pokémon fall into them, so it's not perfect. It's still pretty useful though, especially in neighborhoods, where triangulation can often be extremely difficult if not functionally impossible.

Finally got 400 Magikarp candy to evolve my 95% IV one and...

...straight into the garbage.

Wish you could spend like 50 candy or something to change the moves.

Hatched a Rhyhorn and 2 Oddish though, which got me a Rhydon and 90/125 Oddish candy.

And caught a low CP Dragonair to go along with my low CP Dragonite, so they're both in my Pokedex while I collect candy to evolve my good Dratini :p

112 in the pokedex now.

That scanner has been a great tool while the in-game tracking was broken, but now the game actually works better. Several rare pokemon I've tracked down have not appeared on that scanner at all, or have appeared on one scan and not the next. Trust the game, if it's in your sightings, it's around.

More than getting the steps back, I actually wish the game would give an idea of the time remaining on pokemon. Maybe a green-orange-red symbol for showing 10+ minutes/5-10/0-5.

It maybe was when it was getting into issues with either the area of the search being large but gappy, or Niantic silently nulling the second query made sub 5 seconds from the last.

I think both of those issues are fixed now the first one was fixed before it was offline for the unknown6 issue, the second one I sorted out only like 12 hours ago, give or take.

I'm either really lucky of Evees naturally tend to have high IV's. Got 4 in the past 2 days with over 90% perfection. I've been catching them and not getting them from eggs.

Nightbird

Finally got 400 Magikarp candy to evolve my 95% IV one and...

...straight into the garbage.

Wish you could spend like 50 candy or something to change the moves.

same here. i spent 3 days traveling to another city everyday, standing on a bridge with like 100 other people trying to catch magikarp for hours, finally got myself a gyrados with good IV's, and those were his attacks.

I feel cheated.

yeah, one of my biggest issues with the game is how little of an incentive there is to partake in the gym system

the reward system is fucking awful

this is why at level 27 i still rarely if ever battle gyms

i'll do a quick sweep of a bunch of gyms when my cool down hits, quickly redeem, then ignore gyms until my cool down hits again

Yeah, they need to implement some sort of system where the reward goes higher the longer you hold a popular gym. Puts some incentive in trying to hold a gym that is overtaken easily.

Waldini

This game is bleeding out pretty fast.

The new "nearby/sighting" function is still as shit as the previous one. Now it all depends on how many Pokestops you have close to you. If you have 2 ... we'll, you are pretty much fucked.

I live in a city called Breda ... it's located in the Netherlands. Sure, i'm able to find Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtl ... but that's about it for the "rare" type of Pokemon. I've been playing this game for 3,5~4 weeks now and havent even SEEN a single Snorlax, Onix, Arcanine, Raichu or any other "rare" type Pokemon for that matter.

The complete lack of rare Pokemon is killing this game for me. I know it's location based and I know many of you on NeoGAF find these rare Pokemons with ease ... but right now, for me, it's no fun at all. The gyms in my city are littered with Arcanine's, Snorlax, Charizard ... all with a CP of 2000+. That's fun and all and I admire those who actually HAVE those type of Pokemon but it does make me wonder;

HOW are these people able to actually have these kind of Pokemon? Is it GPS spoofing? Or pure luck with 5 or 10 KM eggs? I've seen a guy (whose nickname I wont give) who was in every gym nearby. 2500+ Snorlax here, 2500+ Charizard there, 2000+ Dragonite over there and it just keeps going.

Niantec should really start doing something about this. This, and not being able to catch or find any rare Pokemon is starting to ruin the fun.

For example; I took over a gym last night which had 6 1500+ Pokemon in it. Was a pretty hard (but fun) battle nontheless. After I dropped my Magmar (1400 CP) in it the gym was under attack right away. I took a look around and saw NOBODY in the area. There are no houses, flats nearby. Now, unless there actually are Turtle's playing Pokemon Go in the sewers, I'd say there's plenty of GPS spoofers (or hackers) active.

TL:DR
Please Niantec, think about those who live in "smaller" cities compared to San-Fransisco, Florida or Los-Angeles. We love to play your game ... but something needs to be done against hackers or the spawn-rate of certain Pokemon

Is there a list of the estimated highest CP you could get at a particular level. I already have 690 magikarp candies, level 23. My highest CP magikarp with good IV (90%) is 134.

Geneijin

Yeah, they need to implement some sort of system where the reward goes higher the longer you hold a popular gym. Puts some incentive in trying to hold a gym that is overtaken easily.
Honestly, there also needs to be more incentive for clearing gyms for your teammates. The experience points are a pittance considering how fast consumables go.

correojon

Yesterday I went for what was supposed to be a 30 minute walk to try the new sighting system and I must say that it´s working very well! I got a Wartortle, 3 Charmanders, an Eevee, Ryhorn...basically, I could track everything that appeared on my sighting list and some of the Pokes were really far from where I noticed them. This is a huge game changer, now you can finally track Pokémons and the game becomes much more interesting and fun this way. BTW, the initial 30 minute walk ended up lasting 2 hours because of this lol.

Now I wish Niantic would implement something to let us know the distance (or if you´re getting closer to your target), even roughly and a despawn timer. It´s frustrating to spend 15 minutes going after a Dratini only for it to despawn just when you´ve found it´s location :(

Just to clarify, I´m just talking about the Sighting system, the Nearby system hasn´t been deployed in my city yet.

Vuze

Just a word of warning to everybody running a personal map or similar: Niantic is handing out IP bans now if more than one account connects from the same IP (say, mapper account + play account), duration etc is unknown for now.

Not sure if this applies to scenarios where more than one legit player connects per IP, but I'd be wary until we know more.

pringles

It maybe was when it was getting into issues with either the area of the search being large but gappy, or Niantic silently nulling the second query made sub 5 seconds from the last.

I think both of those issues are fixed now the first one was fixed before it was offline for the unknown6 issue, the second one I sorted out only like 12 hours ago, give or take.
Really appreciate the work you've done with the site!

Honestly, there also needs to be more incentive for clearing gyms for your teammates. The experience points are a pittance considering how fast consumables go.
I hate that leveling up gyms for your own team will leave your roster with no hp and you have to waste tons of potions. Gyms under your own team's control should work as pokecenters above a certain level or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom