• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

There has been a lot of news about pokemon go players driving while playing so they just want to cover their bases so no one can say they are to blame and yeah it sucks big time

I know, but at some point a game becomes so unplayable that it's pointless. You can only CYA so much. Plus, doesn't stop folks who are driving from hitting I'm a passenger button. Just seems to frustrate those who are doing it legit. Ugh, just frustrating.

Jonbo298

Started playing it again tonight now that I'm seeing that they're making the progress I've been looking for. Being a passenger brought me an unexpected surprise on the way home. I'm hoping this is a nest.
I didn't feel like being an ass and demanding they drive around the block to find them
Screenshot_2016_08_09_21_51_40.jpg

adamy

Banned
I know, but at some point a game becomes so unplayable that it's pointless. You can only CYA so much. Plus, doesn't stop folks who are driving from hitting I'm a passenger button. Just seems to frustrate those who are doing it legit. Ugh, just frustrating.

Most GPS apps I use do the same thing

Hell even Waze does it

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yesterday I didn't get out of the house in time to a lured stop to catch my first Squirtle, and earlier today I couldn't find one that was close to work either. Then tonight the little guy showed up inside my house and had the courtesy of not running away. All is forgiven.

Then just go out in your PJ's

I've done this...actually went out shirtless as well I just had my marvel pajama pants. to be fair the night was like 80 degrees.

I finally hit level 25 after about a week trying to get that 125k xp...

I think everyone in this thread should post when they get a 10k egg, then update us later on what they get. I feel like they are all our children from this thread lol

adamy

Banned
I've done this...actually went out shirtless as well I just had my marvel pajama pants. to be fair the night was like 80 degrees.

I finally hit level 25 after about a week trying to get that 125k xp...

I think everyone in this thread should post when they get a 10k egg, then update us later on what they get. I feel like they are all our children from this thread lol

Fuck 10k eggs

Seriously

Fuck em

If I get one more goddamn eevee or pinsir...

mugwhump

Regarding pokemon spawning patterns, this is technically old news, but I hadn't seen it confirmed:
Geographic markers in the map created for
Pokémon Go help determine Pokémon habitat. "We assign values based on whether there is a water body in an area — so a stream, a river, a pond — whether areas are designated as zoos or parks, or other kinds of mapping designations," Hanke said.

That means, for the most part, water-type Pokémon like Magikarp and Squirtles should appear near water.

Although he could not disclose its origins, another data set used in the game is drawn from the geographic classification of an area based on climate, vegetation and soil or rock type. "That gets into more [geographic information system]-type of data ... and we utilise that to map Pokémon species to appropriate habitats," he explained.

All the gyms near the university by my work have multiple level 35+s with snorlaxes and dragonites at 3k CP. That's gotta be botters, right?

Yeah

Fuck 10k eggs

Seriously

Fuck em

If I get one more goddamn eevee or pinsir...

Two Pinsir's in a row have me soured on 10k eggs since they're so plentiful where I am. I've been lucky enough to get 5 10k eggs so far, but the results have been lackluster with a Hitmonchan, Eevee, Hitmonchan, Pinsir, and Pinsir coming out of them.

I look more forward to my 5k eggs and pray for 1 last Growlithe so I can finally get an Arcanine. I never have any luck finding them around me.

adamy

Banned
Two Pinsir's in a row have me soured on 10k eggs since they're so plentiful where I am. I've been lucky enough to get 5 10k eggs so far, but the results have been lackluster with a Hitmonchan, Eevee, Hitmonchan, Pinsir, and Pinsir coming out of them.

I look more forward to my 5k eggs and pray for 1 last Growlithe so I can finally get an Arcanine. I never have any luck finding them around me.

I actually am lovin 2k eggs

Easy as fuck to hatch and have gotten several +90% IV starters

Also gotten several +90% IV magicarps

I actually am lovin 2k eggs

Easy as fuck to hatch and have gotten several +90% IV starters

Also gotten several +90% IV magicarps

If only they gave more candies. The only place around me that spawns magikarp regularly is a kid's water park by a lake, and I don't want to be that weirdo with his phone out over there.

This is America, y'get shot for that.

HardRojo

Ok this is some bullshit, this is the 7th Charmander that has escaped from me, probably more than half of them, and almost all after the first break out.

If only they gave more candies. The only place around me that spawns magikarp regularly is a kid's water park by a lake, and I don't want to be that weirdo with his phone out over there.

This is America, y'get shot for that.

I just looked through my Pokedex and Magikarp is my 3rd highest caught behind Pidgey and Ratata haha. Living by the ocean rules.

adamy

Banned
Ok this is some bullshit, this is the 7th Charmander that has escaped from me, probably more than half of them, and almost all after the first break out.

I use ultras + berries every time I run into a starter, regardless of cp

I think they're supposed to be insanely tough to catch

I spent about 40 to 50 ultras and berries on every Charizard I caught

Syntsui

Who was the imbecile that thought it would be a good idea to give the starters TRASH IVs if they are caught in the wild?

This is fucking bullshit.

Who was the imbecile that thought it would be a good idea to give the starters TRASH IVs if they are caught in the wild?

This is fucking bullshit.
Uhhh, it's all just randomly generated.
Eggs have a higher chance of having high IVs and it's the same for every Pokemon.

Found my first wild Fire Pokemon, Growlithe. It was in the parking lot of my YMCA along with a few other Pokes. My other Fire types are Vulpix, Magmar, Flareon, and Charmander. The first three are all from eggs (I evolved the 10K Eevee), and the Charmander is my starter.

I could have stayed around longer and caught other stuff, because this place has good spawns. I didn't want to draw too much suspicion circling around the place, but I'll be returning here frequently since I actually do use the facility for exercise.

I also hit up a local park, but it was surprisingly quiet compared to the others I have visited. I'm hoping the frequency of Pokemon spawns hasn't decreased. I didn't play much today, so I'll know for sure when I play during the next few days.

Jerrod

Anybody have a new glitch where if you barely flick a pokeball it goes flying to max distance? Never happened before the latest update but happens every few pokemon for me. Makes catching pokemon like weedles that start very close to the pokeball hard to hit on the first throw. I'm on a Galaxy S7 Edge.

PMS341

Unfortunately, I can confirm that the Grimer glitch still exists. It causes my HTC One M8 to freeze and crash, which requires a full phone restart until it can function again.

I have this strange feeling that Muk is going to be my last Pokemon.

Anybody have a new glitch where if you barely flick a pokeball it goes flying to max distance? Never happened before the latest update but happens every few pokemon for me. Makes catching pokemon like weedles that start very close to the pokeball hard to hit on the first throw. I'm on a Galaxy S7 Edge.

yeah I can toss my ball to infinity sometimes when I barely even flick.
I'm on a galaxy s7

pringles

I love people posting as if the game screwed them over because they got 2-3 trash mons in a row from 2k eggs. Those eggs are 80-90% garbage (depending on how much you like Magikarp/Geodude/Jiggly/Clefairy), you can easily get 10-20 trash results in a row. I've hatched maybe 150 of them and have gotten 10 starters (3*pika/squirtle, 2*charmander/bulba).

Only 10k eggs should have any kind of expectation of a great result attached to it.

adamy

Banned
Yeah wasn't it like Pokémon up to Gyarados in the wild will have bad IVs?

Not sure how widespread it is, but it's my understanding that the low numbered Pokémon have a glitch where their IV is effected by their Pokémon number

This in turn cripples all wild starters' IV

Based on my own personal testing, having caught and hatched tons of starters, there's definitely something going on

I think this strategy is so dumb, because you're wasting all your steps and all of the 2K eggs you're not incubating are preventing possible 5/10k eggs from showing up at Pokestops.

I mean in this scenario you should be incubating the 2K eggs in your Infinite Incubator.
Lets say you have 5 2K eggs and a 10K egg and only one extra incubator. You should use the Infinite Egg on the 5 2K eggs and the extra on the 10K. If you did it the opposite way it would take longer and your extra incubator would be exhausted. Its no biggie though people can do whatever.

Vipu

Banned
I've seen three Dratini now but never could find them, today I was driving, glanced at my phone and it was somewhere nearby and couldn't really stop. A non crowd sourced tracker would've been so helpful!

Wallhack and aimbot would be helpful in FPS games when are not very good at aiming.

GoIV (android app) is basically the same thing without the guesswork. Been working real well for me. It's an overlay that you can access from the app itself so you can check IV right after capture and just release immediately. Pretty awesome!

Just want to be sure but would the app be considered something Niantic could ban your account over? I've caught so much on mine I don't want to risk it.

But yea I have been looking for an app like the Slyph road one - but it's kinda slow to go through it one at a time...

Azole

Neo Member

I have 5 in the incubator right now. It is at about 5.5km. Got another 10km egg when my 2km egg hatched. I'm excited to see what I will get... Best I got from 10km eggs were eevees...

hirokazu

There has been a lot of news about pokemon go players driving while playing so they just want to cover their bases so no one can say they are to blame and yeah it sucks big time
I'm assuming it displays once you go over 20km/h. It's definitely something low like that since I get it before the train has even finished leaving the station. And if you ever lose GPS signal and you've moved since it picks up again. -_-"

Anyway, they need to have a better grace period after first displaying the notice before displaying it a second time. Say, if you've go under the threshold speed for five minutes.

And also not display the message until you're above the threshold speed for a certain amount of time, which would ensure it doesn't display due to simple GPS signal problems.

Just want to be sure but would the app be considered something Niantic could ban your account over? I've caught so much on mine I don't want to risk it.

But yea I have been looking for an app like the Slyph road one - but it's kinda slow to go through it one at a time...
It's not violating the TOS any more than manually putting the data into an IV calculator, so it's pretty safe.

Vipu

Banned
So yesterday I was out about 2h with bike, my pokedex was at about 90 before and after almost 100, so found almost 10 new pokemons.
Also I found every pokemon that I wanted with tracking, soooo this new tracker must suck right??!
My best find was 2240 Dragonite, my new highest cp poke.

Muku

Yes, holy shit, thank you for mentioning it. I thought it was me, so was keeping it to myself. I barely touch it and I don't even see where in distance it flies off to. Makes me feel like a super hero though tossing balls to other continents. I have to be very focused on catching them now as not to accidentally do it. I'm on an iPhone 6.

Cagey

Banned
I've never even seen a Charmander.

I'm level 25!

I did capture the only Charmeleon I saw though

Masked Man

I said wow
Sightings is still infinitely better than the garbage we were using before. Managed to snag a Porygon and an Abra (<3) last night with a little trial-and-error.

Joni

So yesterday I was out about 2h with bike, my pokedex was at about 90 before and after almost 100, so found almost 10 new pokemons.
Also I found every pokemon that I wanted with tracking, soooo this new tracker must suck right??!
My best find was 2240 Dragonite, my new highest cp poke.

The passive-aggressive statements about how the game is so good are always amazing. There are still clearly imperfections with the system, like Pokémon not being in any right order and the system not yet being up to par with the system the game launched with.

adamy

Banned
The passive-aggressive statements about how the game is so good are always amazing. There are still clearly imperfections with the system, like Pokémon not being in any right order and the system not yet being up to par with the system the game launched with.

i don't think anyone is arguing that there aren't any imperfections...

i don't think i've ever personally played a game that didn't have any imperfections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom