• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

deanote666

Is level 36 possible without cheating right now?

Got a guy that seems to retake his gyms 5 minutes after they fall day or night. I have seen an actual person so it is possible the guy just has the game open constantly...

JavyOO7

Is level 36 possible without cheating right now?

Got a guy that seems to retake his gyms 5 minutes after they fall day or night. I have seen an actual person so it is possible the guy just has the game open constantly...

Its possible, tough work, but possible. Reversal on youtube just hit level 40.

I could probably be in level 30, but being level 28 isn't so bad. Its the first time in a long time I did lucky eggs and evolve the rat, bird, and caterpie. Game me something absurd like 150k+ EXP. I should probably do it most often...?

Pachimari

I had a good start to the new year. I caught a Magmar on the first day which I didn't have before, although I had seen it. And today I evolved a Santachu into a santa Raichu. And three Eevee's into Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon.

And I only need one more normal Pikachu to be able to evolve it into a normal Raichu.

I still don't have a Ditto or any gen II babies.

I also just need 20k XP to get to lvl 24.

Firemind

Well I got 10/11/10. Not exactly 10/10/10 but it was shit enough.

Actually, I remember very clearly how prior to December getting "Your Pokemon is really strong" had never happened. It's always "Best of the Best" with maybe a 10 in one of the stats if you're unlucky. This was post Glitch patch mentioned above. These days, however, getting the first assessment is very likely and the odds are more slanted that way than "Best of the best".
Confirmation bias

I've gotten 'strong' hatches since launch.

It is been assumed but never confirmed there is a Pokéstop element to it as well.

i doubt it. Me and my wife always play together and she so far has gotten 3 Snorlaxes, 2 Larpas and one Dratini. I got alot of pinisir and jynx (over 200 candy)

So finally I'm back to play again. The event is really nice. Feels good to have more than one Incubator again.
How long is this going to last? Gonna need that time to get enough Ivisaur and Charizard candy. But those starters really are going to drain my Pokeball stock.

Pachimari

So finally I'm back to play again. The event is really nice. Feels good to have more than one Incubator again.
How long is this going to last? Gonna need that time to get enough Ivisaur and Charizard candy. But those starters really are going to drain my Pokeball stock.
The increased rate of starters is until January 8.

I'm just trying to hatch the stupid Gen II babies and have gotten none so far.

Firemind

I think someone set up a bot or notification app with GPS coordinates. Every time I beat one of his gyms, it goes down a few minutes later. And my gyms are constantly left at lvl 1, also a few minutes after the fact. That harrassment intensity lol

edit: this requires further investigation

ldcommando

Banned
So, I actually hatched a porygon after catching one in the wild, just as I predicted.
But not all is lost. Just hatched an elekid with enough candy to evolve. So, 2 new entries to my dex for the price of one. Fucking A

CassSept

I finally managed to meet my first Hitmonlee. Used a berry. Timed an ultra ball to get at least 'Nice'. Ran after a single try.

Happy 2017 everyone.

Oxx

I was panicking after using all my great/ultra balls, but there hasn't really been much difference in catches when throwing regular pokeballs.

Pachimari

Is it supposed to be really hard hatching gen II babies? I thought there would be an increased chance the last few days but I've gotten none.

Pikachu without a santa hat also seems to be impossible to find.

Luxorek

Is it supposed to be really hard hatching gen II babies? I thought there would be an increased chance the last few days but I've gotten none.

It's luck. Pure luck. I had zero hatches in the first two days of the event, then hatched two Togepi at once. Since then I have gotten Pichu, Magby, 2 Smoochum and Igglybuff. Only missing Elekid and Cleffa... and Aerodactyl and Chansey : (

Pikachu without a santa hat also seems to be impossible to find.

Well, obviously. For the duration of the event all Pikachu wear hats. Once it's over, so is Santachu.

I lived next to a Pikachu nest before the Christmas event started and am well stocked on normal ones. I have 350+ candy last I checked.

Joni

Snagged a Blastoise and a Lapras today. I also hatched two Ponyta, after spending a week walking one to get enough candy just last week.

Pachimari

I want the hat removed on my near perfect Pikachu, have enough candy for a Raichu but dont want one with hat.

The same here. Just gotta wait it out. And when the Santachu event is finished, it'll still be very rare for me to even find a normal Pikachu.

I think someone set up a bot or notification app with GPS coordinates. Every time I beat one of his gyms, it goes down a few minutes later. And my gyms are constantly left at lvl 1, also a few minutes after the fact. That harrassment intensity lol

edit: this requires further investigation

Happened to me too yesterday. Took a gym, like a minute later it was down and I hadn't even left the area so I know no one was nearby enough to hit the gym.

Funny thing is it stayed down for a couple minutes so I just took it again.

I've barely been playing, so I've only hatched Pichu (twice) and Cleffa. I did add $15 credit to my account, so I'll probably buy coins for the first time since October.

Yesterday's hunt at Santa Monica Pier was my first dedicated hunt. I've been to that location twice before, but didn't stay for very long. This time I was there for over three hours.

Man, the spawns were nerfed hard here. A lot of the people there told me that rare stuff still exists, but it is much harder to find it. I honestly didn't see anything noteworthy there, and I could even find any damn Dratini or its evolutions. I guess it was still fun to really play again, but it wasn't what I expected.

LOL, I found my Hitmonchan just by casually strolling in Las Vegas. It helps to travel when playing this.

I've caught 142, and I need Dragonite (waiting to evolve with 82%), Aerodactyl, Ditto, Togepi, Igglybuff, Smoochum, Magby, and Elekid. I have eight 5kms and a 10km egg, and think I should buy the incubators before the baby event ends.

I stopped caring about EXP, so the holiday boxes mean nothing to me. I've been at level 31 since November. I'm now only 80k away from 32, so I will at least get to that level.

How's the Pokémon diversity for you guys outside of the increased stater and Pikachu frequency?

I finally managed to meet my first Hitmonlee. Used a berry. Timed an ultra ball to get at least 'Nice'. Ran after a single try.

Happy 2017 everyone.

That is crushing. I can't even imagine how bad that would that be. My Lapras (two of them) and Hitmonchan are complete trash, but it would have been worse to not have any at all.

The only reason I have Chansey is sheer egg luck.

Awayze

Neo Member
The same here. Just gotta wait it out. And when the Santachu event is finished, it'll still be very rare for me to even find a normal Pikachu.
The hat will stay I believe, my only other Pikachu is when I chose him as my first Pokemon which isnt worthy of becoming a Raichu.

Really wish they'd permanently up the amount of Pokeballs/other balls you get from the Stops. Especially with these starters being little shits and busting out of everything, i'm running through balls like nothing.

Found a wild Magmar at work on Sunday, which was awesome. We don't even live in a volcano!

Basically just need some final stage mons now: Charizard, Venusaur, Alakazam, Gyarados, Kabutops, Omastar, and more like that with stuff I've only found a few of like Mankey.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Hatched five eggs today only have a Magby to show for it and not even one starter appeared in my 10km walk. Sad!

Still have 3 more eggs that are ready to hatch later on today

So far I've captured 21(!!!) Christmas Hat Pikachu, with two runaways. Don't know how the hell that happened. Seems like any time I go out I stumble into one. Almost all of them are rated terribly though, but I did get one good one.

Also have gotten 3 babies (Igglybuff, Smoochum, and Togepi). My girlfriend has four plus a duplicate of one, three of which she somehow managed to get in a row. Neither of us have a Pichu. I also have 4 10km eggs going right now, which is waaaay more than I've ever had, so hopefully I can manage Magby and Elekid before the event ends. Or an Aerodactyl ever...

Starter event has gone decently. Finally got a Venasaur, the last starter evolution I needed, but that was more because of back-to-back Bulbasaur hatches actually. Only caught a couple, plus one Ivysaur. Meanwhile I've caught a shit-ton of Charmander, a couple Charmeleon, and a decent amount of Squirtle. No other evolutions.

Pachimari

I'm up to 110 Pokémon but I've also been out of the game for a few months. I hope they'll implement a transfer system soon, so that I can get Farfetch'd, Tauros and Kangashkan. Hell, host an event and let us have Mew, Mewtwo or the three birds...

Tomorrow I'm gonna walk all day just to get enough candies to evolve my three starters into their final evolutions but I would also like to get at least one baby Pokémon tomorrow.

There is a Las Vegas real-time map with rare spawns. It basically looks like Hitmonlee and Hitchonchan central. Wish we had a similar map for my city, oh well.

Interesting, it wasn't really like that when I was there. I did see a few Hitmonlee on nearby, so I'm not completely doubting those spawns.

I learned about
PokeTracker
from a Go player yesterday at the Pier, and I'm kind of tempted to use it. I've been out of the loop, so I didn't actually know those tools still even existed. The current tracking is thankfully decent for regular players, now. I also just tested the gym sniping update there. Claiming gyms at the Pier is still a chaotic gamble, but the issue has been solved everywhere else.

Luxorek

Where do you guys find these maps? Is there one for Norfolk/Virginia Beach?

No idea. I frequent The Silph Road subreddit and found those maps there. I know there is a similar map for Hong Kong and for the whole of Japan. I would suggest heading to Reddit, maybe there is a Pokemon Go subreddit dedicated to your city there.

Replicant

Did Mass-Evolve 3: Red, Green, and Blue.

The ones that didn't suck:

5vulq1f.png

It's weird and annoying at how difficult Arbok, Venomoth, and Tentacruel evolution are to get the right movesets.

GulAtiCa

Did Mass-Evolve 3: Red, Green, and Blue.

The ones that didn't suck:

5vulq1f.png

It's weird and annoying at how difficult Arbok, Venomoth, and Tentacruel evolution are to get the right movesets.
My I ask, why are you trying to get the correct move sets anyways? Esp for Arbok. Just going for a perfect Pokemon for each?

Replicant

My I ask, why are you trying to get the correct move sets anyways? Esp for Arbok. Just going for a perfect Pokemon for each?

Pretty much. Also, I feel that they helped a bit while prestiging/taking down gyms. I seem to spend less on revive/potion if I use them. They last longer and are more effective. There have been times when I could prestige in one fell swoop because of it too.

Top Bottom