• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Went on a walk and hatched a few eggs. Got a Magby and a second Togepi, as well as a Polywag and a freaking Pinsir. But hey, I had four 10km eggs (with two still unhatched), so at least one was bound to be garbage. I just hope I can squeeze out an Elekid from the last two to round out the 10km babies. Or, failing that, finally get an Aerodactyl.

Pachimari

I caught a fucking Ditto!!!!!! Hell yeah!

And I also now got a Hitmonchan from my 10km egg, it's the first time I see it in the game!

I also levelled up to lvl 24.

What a great morning.

I still haven't found a Lapras, the only rare Poke I can't find/hatch here in Los Angeles. Got a Chansey a couple days ago that miraculously appeared on a pokestop near me. I was in bed and it forced me to put my clothes on and get up lol.

Joni

Found an Onyx this morning so I'm at 135 now. I'll be able to evolve Vulpix in 3 kilometers so that is also great. After that, it will be decision time: walk Machop, Magikarp, Geodude, Omanyte or Kabuto.

tauke

Hatched a Mankey and also caught another Ditto.

Now to walk another "5.6KM" for both of my 10km eggs which I gotten yesterday...

GulAtiCa

Caught a lot of starters this weekend, esp a lot of Charmanders, even a Charmeleon! Got enough candy to level up my good Charizard to lv 30.

While in Gatlinburg, my connection was pretty bad... Esp in town. Of course on the windy mountain roads I had no connection, which makes sense. But while in town had full 4G lte service/etc and had trouble staying connected. But, I think that was cause of how crowded it is due to New Years Eve. Heard connections in general in over-populated places like that can happen. Did get some connection here and there, so was able to walk and collect many pokestops each day.

Also, WTF to this!
CoicHW.png

Was while I was at my cabin in the mountain. I went outside looking for it, but couldn't really find it sadly. :(

I just caught a Chansey (new to me) and then two Santachus in a row. Weird luck.

Edit: Right before that was a Ditto, too. Lucky lures today.

Pachimari

Evolved one into a Gengar and Nidoqueen. I'm now at 114 Pokémon. This has been a good day.

Although I still don't have any Gen II babies after a lot of hatched eggs. Pretty incredible how rare they are.

JavyOO7

Bought the bronze gift box that is on the shop and wanted to test out a lure, my results so far:

Venonant
Sandshrew
Rattata
Rattata
Venonant

I do wish lures stayed at an hour for now on, that is a great idea.

My first time seeing a Gyarados in the wild! Horrible IVs, though it's Attack is a 13. so will use it for leveling up/taking down gyms.

Naaa dude, level that thing right up. Its CPs are so damn high, it's easy to use it as gym fodder.

Also, did you triangulate to find the Dragonite?

GulAtiCa

Naaa dude, level that thing right up. Its CPs are so damn high, it's easy to use it as gym fodder.

Also, did you triangulate to find the Dragonite?

Hmm, maybe I will. Though I already have 2 Gyarados in the mid 2800s. I also have a 100% IV Gyarados in the low 100s that I'm tempted to level up to lv 30, though would take a LOT of stardust. lol.

Interesting enough, all 4 of my Gyarados don't have Twister luckily. heh

Nah, I looked around a bit, but my cabin was on a extreme hillside, so was hard to really look around. I could have traveled the road for a little bit to go around to the other side, but would have taken too long for it to be worth it (esp since it's bitch black outside and in 40s). Wish I could find it though.

Shame. There is a Silph Road website tracker that helps triangulate position of specific Pokemon in sightings. Useless for most now due to 'Nearby' feature, but I had a chance to use it recently outside the city and it works!

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind next time.

Tonight our PoGo group gets back together. It was fun hitting 29 on my own but I missed the group aspect of the game.

Here's hoping the park has better starter spawn rates than it did last week cause boy that was annoying.

Pachimari

It really sucks that we are having a storm today on the last day of increased hatching rate for Gen II babies and I end up with none.

*goes crying in the corner.*

Awayze

Neo Member
If I saw a Dragonite nearby, I'd open up one of the trackers and locate it, screw triangulating, I'll take the risk of getting captchas.

Dynasty

Went out for a walk since I was low on pokeballs only had 3. The walk started out shit since I saw a 405 CP Charmander but couldnt catch it. Was kind of annoyed now but decided to carry on. Ended up catching a different charmander, hatched a Elekid and leveled up a gym. Nothing amazing but now I have 20 pokeballs, 5 great balls and 2 ultra balls.

Saw 2 dragonites within 30 minutes of each other on New Years Day at Santa Monica Pier. Both ran. The second one was especially rough as I wasted literally dozens of raspberries and ultra balls on it. I tried for over 10 minutes and for some reason I kept missing. Was a heartbreaking was to start 2017.

AdanVC

Pokémon babies shouldn't be on the 10km range. Such a waste. The possibilities to hatch a Dratini or Snorlax decrease.

GulAtiCa

Pokémon babies shouldn't be on the 10km range. Such a waste. The possibilities to hatch a Dratini or Snorlax decrease.

Actually, it doesn't. All adult version Pokemon have apparently been removed from eggs. So Elekid replaced Electrubuzz, etc.

So your chance of getting a Dratini or Snorlax has likely stayed the same.

Joni

There is just too many pokemon that shouldn't be 10 like the Hitmon, Scyther, mime and Pinsir aren't 10 material. Move them and the babies to 5, but move up Porygon.

GulAtiCa

Just caught this from my office! Oddly enough, was at the exact same location from the 1 I caught few months back. Even more so now that I now have 4 Venusaurs, lol. Not bad IVs. Will use it for presteiging against low level water Pokemon in future.

Finally hatched my first Lapras on NYE, and hit level 31 yesterday.

Still having no luck with the 5k babies even though I've hatched a TON of 5k eggs this week.

Awayze

Neo Member
There are working trackers?
Web based ones have a low chance of working but theres Pokemap for Android, it spams fake accounts automatically generated around any location you want to see the Pokemon but Niantic clock on from the IP and you get captchas on your real account, risk of getting banned so I cant recommend. However for a super rare Pokemon, I'll take the risk and use it.

Replicant

Managed to get my last incubator this morning at about 4am. Event didn't start until the 26th in here though so in total I got about 10 free incubators.

JavyOO7

The only thing left now is 1 hour lures and the starters are more likely to appear in the wild (Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander). Both things end in the 8th.

I think Pikachu doesn't have his cute santa hat anymore either.

Dishwalla

Banned
What time did the event end? I got a 10km egg about an hour ago and I'm hoping it doesn't have an increased chance of being a baby. Still need a Lapras after all.

orion434

I just need Grimer + Muk + Aerdactyl to complete my Gen 1 collection, 3 babies + Togepi evolution for non-regional completion. 7 away :)

Do Grimers really hatch from 5K eggs?

Just did my first stop of the day (UK) and didn't get one, was hoping to sneak one last one in. Guess that part of the event is done.

Oooooh I must have got a bonus one then. Hit a pokestop before work this morning just a couple hours before this post and got one.

Ty based Australian time.

Top Bottom