• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I believe I now have the most self indulgent, waste of time, energy, stardust as possible pokemon...just one more power up.

Screenshot_20161228_082547.png

I wish my Chansey was perfect with the white dot all the way to the right of the arch but both my Chansey art 85-90 percent there

Replicant

I wish my Chansey was perfect with the white dot all the way to the right of the arch but both my Chansey art 85-90 percent there

The arch doesn't represent IV perfection. It's just your CP progression. You can drive it all the way to the right with enough Stardust and Candies.....if you want to.

Personally I'm not gonna do it unless it's above 82% and has Pound/HyperBeam (best attacker) or Zen Headbutt/HyperBeam (best defender). I got 5 Chanseys and unforch, none of them fit those criteria. The closest I get is 77% with Pound/Psychic (2nd best attacker).

The arch doesn't represent IV perfection. It's just your CP progression. You can drive it all the way to the right with enough Stardust and Candies.....if you want to.

Personally I'm not gonna do it unless it's above 82% and has Pound/HyperBeam (best attacker) or Zen Headbutt/HyperBeam (best defender). I got 5 Chanseys and unforch, none of them fit those criteria. The closest I get is 77% with Pound/Psychic (2nd best attacker).

I have one with Pound but the second move is Dazzling Gleam
I give up on checking IVs thanks for letting me know about the Arch I just noticed that after powered up my Chansey

edit: I am kinda annoyed by all these starter Pokemon all over the place since I don't really need any of them
If one was a powerhouse that would be different

JavyOO7

I believe I now have the most self indulgent, waste of time, energy, stardust as possible pokemon...just one more power up.

Screenshot_20161228_082547.png

I just realized I don't even have a Chansey. Holy shiat. Not even on the 'seen' count. Wow.

...but I have some entries in gen 2 now! Hatched a Cleffa and Smoochum today. Not bad!

When does the Second Gen egg event end?

(Also is there an in-game bulletin board I've missed that detail these events? It'd be nice to have one to refer to)

Awayze

Neo Member
Used a third party tracker app and now all the starters since have disappeared and gone back to the old garbage and I got a captcha when opening the game.

Used a third party tracker app and now all the starters since have disappeared and gone back to the old garbage and I got a captcha when opening the game.

I only use GoIV and TheSilphRoad web app.

I got the captcha for the first time today, but I think that's because I spent lures and incense at the park, and after an hour of brisk walking I left the app open while I drove 15 minutes to the fairgrounds and used another incense.

Niantic took my desperate search for a Blastoise as a bit attempt, I guess.

Hopefully I'm not softbanned or anything, that would suck.

Replicant

Gah! The free Incubator and higher chance at Gen 2 babies are almost over? I only got Togepi, Smoochum, and Igglybuff. I got 2 Togepi so I'm going to evolve one into Togetic as soon as I'm done leveling up my Hitmonlee. I'm going to miss the free incubator. Only 2 more days left, I guess?

Not feeling the starter events. I mean they show up in some areas but it's not as plentiful as the Gastly/Meowth/Drowzee/Cubone and their evolutions back during Halloween. And they're ANNOYING to catch.

Finally walked my Kabuto to 50 candies which puts me at 141 in the Pokedex.

Only missing Chansey, Aerodactyl and Snorlax from gen 1 now.

Firemind

Happy new GO year boys and girls. May your harvests be bountiful.

(I just want a good dragonite so i can take down all those cheating spoofing mystic a-holes)

Joni

The new event is great. I found two Venosaur that fled from me! Still, a lot of candy for the three starters gathered. And as a side benefit, while I'm losing a lot of Ultra Balls, for the first time in months I have a reserve of PokéBalls and Great Balls.

Egg hatches remain mixed. Loved the Elekid from a 10 and the Geodude from a 2 as I'm still saving for Golem, but why Psyduck, Krabby and Eevee from 5 KM. I just want a Pichu and maybe another Togepi. Or give me Vulpix and

Jubelpark nest in Brussels has changed to Zubats. Fucking Zubats. Who wants a nest of that? I now have enough to ensure two Crobats.

Replicant

(I just want a good dragonite so i can take down all those cheating spoofing mystic a-holes)

It feels like my entire city is taken over by them. I'm pretty sure many of them are actually the same person considering some of the names are like 9053292 or some stupid, randomly generated name.

Oxx

The starters have seriously slowed-down today.

But I have seen a Chansey, a Lapras, and a Charizard just floating in the wild recently.

Firemind

It feels like my entire city is taken over by them. I'm pretty sure many of them are actually the same person considering some of the names are like 9053292 or some stupid, randomly generated name.
The worst part is that this guy (now level 38) has maxed out ZH/BS Snorlaxes and multiple DB/DC Dragonites on both accounts. He must have been spoofing like crazy in the beginning to get them. Maybe botting too. Hope he gets banned by using multiple devices to use the lucky egg trick.

WPS

I am now at four Caterpie from 2k eggs in a row. FOUR.

At least the one other 2k egg I hatched during the event was a Cleffa.

tauke

I am now at four Caterpie from 2k eggs in a row. FOUR.

At least the one other 2k egg I hatched during the event was a Cleffa.

Nothing but 5km eggs for me on New Year Day...

My last 2km egg was a Squirtle though BUT only strong... Niantic please.

kubus

Had a quick look, think I got all of them.
Zubat
Poliwag
Oddish
Eevee
Onix
Scyther
Horsea
Porygon
Chansey
Slowpoke
Thanks! And holy crap I either forgot or never knew that Bollosom and Politoad evolved from Gloom and Poliwhirl... Makes sense though!

tauke

So I got the captcha thing again today. Does that mean I'm softbanned?

I've never gotten a captcha so far so I guess I'm lucky for being an honest trainer who's only earning 10 coins daily from gym...

No idea how softbanned works but I did encounter a few moments where I was on the train and the game can't decide if I'm still at the last station where I tapped a Pokemon while the train still moving, I can't interact with the world map besides the inventory and Pokemon menu.

Need to completely reboot the game to fix it.

Red Fire

Well a few weeks ago i complained here because i hatched 2 scythers back to back from 10km eggs after having hatched 2 scythers before (those were not back to back though). I said oh well at least i have enough candy now for evolving and leveling scizor when gen 2 hits.

Didn't have any 10km until i got 2 recently. First one hatched yesterday. Scyther :( :(

I refuse to believe this is pure rng

Joni

Well a few weeks ago i complained here because i hatched 2 scythers back to back from 10km eggs after having hatched 2 scythers before (those were not back to back though). I said oh well at least i have enough candy now for evolving and leveling scizor when gen 2 hits.

Didn't have any 10km until i got 2 recently. First one hatched yesterday. Scyther :( :(

I refuse to believe this is pure rng

It is been assumed but never confirmed there is a Pokéstop element to it as well.

lt519

Lots of lures out, people really are back out playing , sunny and warmed up a bit today to 40. I'd like to go out but feeling sick ): got an Ivysaur walking back from my car today though, shouldn't have evolved one yesterday.

Replicant

Probably the longest power-up I've done so far. He started out with only about 325CP but have 84% IV and perfect attacking movesets so I thought I'll evolve him because I'm bored of the usual suspects:

ZiEn4Vt.png

Probably a waste of time but maybe not since Kangaskhan is a usual suspect on gym here and he counters that pretty well. The same goes with Snorlax.

Joni

Elekid, Togepi, Nidoran F and Scyther hatched. All good for the candy. Elekid and Togepi also might be good for trades later on. I'm now almost through incubators. I have one expendable one left, which will be gone in a couple of km.

Awayze

Neo Member
I though IV's from eggs were supposed to be decent, got my first Tangela with garbage 60%+ IV, not even "wonder" appraisal.

Replicant

I though IV's from eggs were supposed to be decent, got my first Tangela with garbage 60%+ IV, not even "wonder" appraisal.

Always were between 10/10/10 and 15/15/15 I believe.

Pretty sure it used to be 82% and above and you likely to get 15 instead of 10. But now they lowered it so bad that getting 10/10/10 is possible.

Niantic just played themselves. This makes buying incubator less desirable these days.

Pretty sure it used to be 82% and above and you likely to get 15 instead of 10. But now they lowered it so bad that getting 10/10/10 is possible.

Niantic just played themselves. This makes buying incubator less desirable these days.

There used to be a glitch where the higher the pokemon number, the higher the IVs it got from being hatched.

Still, getting 10/10/10 is so highly improbable, I've hatched hundreds of eggs and never gotten one.

Replicant

There used to be a glitch where the higher the pokemon number, the higher the IVs it got from being hatched.

Still, getting 10/10/10 is so highly improbable, I've hatched hundreds of eggs and never gotten one.

Well I got 10/11/10. Not exactly 10/10/10 but it was shit enough.

Actually, I remember very clearly how prior to December getting "Your Pokemon is really strong" had never happened. It's always "Best of the Best" with maybe a 10 in one of the stats if you're unlucky. This was post Glitch patch mentioned above. These days, however, getting the first assessment is very likely and the odds are more slanted that way than "Best of the best".

I really appreciate the increased rates for the starters, but I'm personally not having much luck catching them. :/ I don't know if I can nab enough before the event's over...

But in much better news, I did catch my first Ditto the other day and almost all my eggs are in an incubator. Can't wait to see what's inside.

Top Bottom