• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Flo_Evans

omg hax:

2PZ7vqE.png

kind of want to attack this gym to fight it but nobody got time for that.

GulAtiCa

There's a lv 3 gym in my area with the bottom Pokemon being Blissey. With the new slow gym mechanics, prob impossible to train against it.

I'm not a fan of the new slow gym mechanics. But, just something I'll have to adjust to.

If you like to solo gyms and there's a Blissey of comparable level / CP to your highest Pokémon, good fucking luck.

Timeouts. Timeouts everywhere.

Luxorek

One must wonder what Las Vegas gym scene looks like right now. It's a desert biome that has regular Chansey spawns and was crawling in them during the Valentine event. It was ridiculous over there.

Heh, just checked the map and yep - you can catch wild Blissey in Vegas.

Qwark

One must wonder what Las Vegas gym scene looks like right now. It's a desert biome that has regular Chansey spawns and was crawling in them during the Valentine event. It was ridiculous over there.

Heh, just checked the map and yep - you can catch wild Blissey in Vegas.

There's still tracker maps that work? Or is this one of those where people manually submit what they find?

Just bagged a Charizard at work :)

He was at the usual rare spawn point, the DMV parking lot across the street. I've caught multiple Snorlax, a Venasaur, a Dragonite, and a Poliwrath at this one spot in the past. No pokestops nearby so this is all via sightings.

So if you catch something super rare, try to remember the spot. If you happen to be in the area again and see another rare mon, chances are it's in that same spot.

While hunting Natu and Murkrow, a Snorlax spawned and I caught it, first try

Neat

Get dangerously low on resources though. I used to work right on top of a Pokestop, but we moved last year. Now that I've gotten back into playing the game, Johto is draining my stored item resources pretty quickly.

Growlie19

Yeah, Blissey are a total pain in the ass to solo. My 2852 Gyarados can barely beat it in time. I've heard Counter/Close Combat Ursaring are pretty good at beating it, though.

Anyways, found a Chinchou, bringing me to 45 Johto mons caught. I've got a 10K about to hatch, can't wait!

tfw I have a CP 2300 Blissey and it still gets taken down. We even had a team going on with Snorlax, Blissey and Dragonite at this gym. It stayed for about a day but thats it.

GulAtiCa

tfw I have a CP 2300 Blissey and it still gets taken down. We even had a team going on with Snorlax, Blissey and Dragonite at this gym. It stayed for about a day but thats it.

Was probably a team that took it down. With 2+ people fighting a gym, taking down Pokemon becomes a breeze.

1 on 1 however, lol

Oxx

Whoa...

It felt like the Go Plus had a different vibration when you encounter a mon that you haven't caught before.

Kinda sad that I hadn't found a new mon in the wild using the Plus until now.

Joni

Misdreavus, Quagsire, Teddiursa and two Double candy Dratini are the gains today.
Also noticed my Dragonair is 15/15/13. But it is only level 21.

A fucking Feraligatr popped up right near my bustop!!! Threw on ultra ball at it and it said "fuck your pokedex" and ran....

Also does anyone know how to get an Espeon after the nick name? Wasted 200 candies and got four vaporeans and flareons.....

Joni

A fucking Feraligatr popped up right near my bustop!!! Threw on ultra ball at it and it said "fuck your pokedex" and ran....

Also does anyone know how to get an Espeon after the nick name? Wasted 200 candies and got four vaporeans and flareons.....
Walk him 10 km. Evolve during the day.

parasight

Got a Metal Coat on a regular spin and then the next day received a second one on my 7 Day Bonus. Now I just need more Scyther candies. It's nice having returned to the game after a long break, but the lack of diversity in the Johto spawns is already getting a little tired.

zulux21

Whoa...

It felt like the Go Plus had a different vibration when you encounter a mon that you haven't caught before.

Kinda sad that I hadn't found a new mon in the wild using the Plus until now.

it not only has a different vibration but it is also yellow.

Awayze

Neo Member
Too many gyms with 2500cp+ Blissey's up here, its quite obvious people were spoofing around the world for all those Chansey candy's.
Tried taking a gym down and it got took down with nobody around and a typical Dragonite 3000cp appeared.
Lol at people spoofing for 100% perfect Tyranitar, I'm not against spoofing as I'd do it to complete my gen 1 pokedex as the pokemon here are so soo soo rare. It seems Asia is the easiest place to "get" 100% perfect pokemon.

GulAtiCa

Too many gyms with 2500cp+ Blissey's up here, its quite obvious people were spoofing around the world for all those Chansey candy's.
Tried taking a gym down and it got took down with nobody around and a typical Dragonite 3000cp appeared.
Lol at people spoofing for 100% perfect Tyranitar, I'm not against spoofing as I'd do it to complete my gen 1 pokedex as the pokemon here are so soo soo rare. It seems Asia is the easiest place to "get" 100% perfect pokemon.
So, you're admitting to cheating... Hopefully you don't do gyms with those Pokemon....

Qwark

It was fairly easy to get Chansey candy during the Valentine's event.

Awayze

Neo Member
So, you're admitting to cheating... Hopefully you don't do gyms with those Pokemon....
Nah, maybe in summer to complete the gen 1 pokedex as it currently lacks most of the top pokemon every gym seems to have. I just saw some people on a local fb page talking about coordinates including mothers who have got their kids hacked version of the game.
Most gyms are held by spoofers anyway, I very rarely battle in gyms, never got any coins, think I've placed a pokemon once as a slot was open, lasted 20 mins back in July.

Awayze

Neo Member
It was fairly easy to get Chansey candy during the Valentine's event.
Nah, not in Manchester, I got 3 Chanseys, 2 outside uni buildings waiting for lectures and 1 at home whilst having apps scanning pretty much all day. I spent the last 2 days of the event walking crap loads in the cold and wind and only got bombarded with Porygons.

I only have 70 Chansey candy. I don't know how people have done it. Must have struck gold at the double candy events.

I caught like 40 Chansey during the event. Maybe more.

Nah, not in Manchester, I got 3 Chanseys, 2 outside uni buildings waiting for lectures and 1 at home whilst having apps scanning pretty much all day. I spent the last 2 days of the event walking crap loads in the cold and wind and only got bombarded with Porygons.

I wish I was bombarded with Porygon. I caught exactly 1, my 3rd ever. The other two were both from eggs, and none of them are very good.

Dynasty

Heathrow, caught no Chansey's during the event :(. Luckily hatched one when Gen II released. I was thinking I would never manage to get one. Also I was bombared with Porygons as well, had like 5 spawn outside my house but all are shit IV.

Oxx

I saw a Chansey on the nearby today. I almost necked my coffee and left the cafe after sitting down for 5 minutes, but I wasn't quite that desperate.

Dishwalla

Banned
Poke stops are dropping more 10 k eggs than ive ever seen before, I got five of them today alone. And yet I still can't get a Lapras from one.

My pokedex says I have caught 58 Chanseys. I have 248 candies after evolving a Blissey and powering her up as much as I can. Never spoofed or cheated. Was just inundated with them during the Valentine's Day event and hatched 2 or 3. SoCal resident.

Top Bottom