• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, NO ONE here is having T-Mobile problems? Virtually every time I am about to leave for a pokestop, the game dies and I can't login for 4-8 hours. When the game does let me login, it usually only works for maybe 1 hour. Even when I'm logged in, sometimes I don't see lots of Pokémon that are spawning for a friend right next to me. Staying logged in didn't help, the server will die or the game will freeze.

Meanwhile a friend with cricket wireless has no problems. Mine was perfect on a Moto G4 right up until this update.

I even reported to Niantec and called T-Mobile tech support. They have no network issues observed and no known problems.

I just want to catch a few more. :(

Oxx

I saw a Skarmory on sightings but didn't pursue it.

Only 2 new ones so far today. Including a nice Ursaring.

HiResDes

Man if Blissey is over 2,000 you have to forget about dodging mostly everything except maybe the charge attacks, and you have to have something with ridiculously high attack or a Machop/Heracross I'm gonna assume. I only managed to beat Blissey once out of three tries without timing out with a near perfect IV 2100 Submission Poliwrath.

Without spoofing? How is that even possible?
I think this is possible without spoofing but if you check my posting history in the thread you'd know I have no issues with traveling while in a hospital bed. I posted about it last year. Soft bans are rare. I also spent over $200 in app so far :(

Sorry I was just posting the Johto medal gold requirement I reached. There are much more than 70 Pokemon beyond the gold medal, I wish the number just went higher. I'm not done it seems. I actually have no idea how many I am missing since the Dex does not represent currently available Pokemon.

I guess my next goal is the Unknown medal that should be a pain. I only seen them on youtube vids.

I am missing quite a few evolutions I have to grind for, already used 4 evolution items tho.

my catches are from NYC and Miami.

C5N03_pUYAEaUhM.jpg

C5N04ypVcAAgBQO.jpg

C5N05YJUoAEAHkG.jpg

C5N06CvVcAAq0Uz.jpg

I think this is possible without spoofing but if you check my posting history in the thread you'd know I have no issues with traveling while in a hospital bed. I posted about it last year. Soft bans are rare. I also spent over $200 in app so far :(

Sorry I was just posting the Johto medal gold requirement I reached. There are much more than 70 Pokemon beyond the gold medal, I wish the number just went higher. I'm not done it seems. I actually have no idea how many I am missing since the Dex does not represent currently available Pokemon.

I guess my next goal is the Unknown medal that should be a pain. I only seen them on youtube vids.

I am missing quite a few evolutions I have to grind for, already used 4 evolution items tho.

my catches are from NYC and Miami.

How did you get all those evolution stones? How often did you get one from a stop?

How did you get all those evolution stones? How often did you get one from a stop?

I had 5 in total NYC has like 2-4 pokestops every block so that was a good place to spin a lot just going around a block in circles

I can't really tell you how many spins I did but it was a hell of a lot I had to trash poke balls just to clear my bag to keep spinning every few hours my bag is upgraded to max

my 7th day streak is tomorrow you get one for that spin

The really need to do something to eggs, I'm sick of getting nothing but trash and we're only two gens in. Imagine how hard it's going to be to get good stuff once we're at Gen 4 or 5.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The really need to do something to eggs, I'm sick of getting nothing but trash and we're only two gens in. Imagine how hard it's going to be to get good stuff once we're at Gen 4 or 5.

they did rotate stuff down and out of the eggs, which has helped some.

I'd be curious about the new rates from eggs. I'd never hatched Grimer and got two in the last week. Hatched two Dratini (only had hatched one in a year). Hatched 2 Seels (had only hatched one)

Is that official/confirmed ?
Data miners found that Smeargle isn't fully implemented in the code, that's confirmed. In the core games Smeargle has the unique ability to permanently copy any move, meaning that (like Ditto) additional programming would be required to faithfully represent Smeargle, so it makes sense that that's the reason why it's not yet in. That's just a (very safe) assumption on my part though.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm able to login at the moment once again, but now I'm getting the same light blue frozen screen some other people are reporting.

They're everywhere by the water, I caught 4 in one day.
Water is hard to come by in the desert. The best spot for water Pokémon was shit today too. After an hour and a half I found a Poliwag and a Wooper, and the Wooper was on the other side of the lake and too far to get to.

Was at the Riverwalk in San Antonio over the weekend too, and while I found plenty of water Pokémon, I found no Mantine.

Single stage Pokemon (outside of regionals) I'm yet to come across are Unown, Girafarig, Shuckle, Skarmory and Miltank.

Seems like Unown is the only super rare one, especially as you can't hatch it.

Unown being super rare is kind of ridiculous. The whole gimmick of Unown is that it has a ridiculous number of forms and yet apparently most people will be lucky to see one.

I was expecting them to hold Unown back and then release it with an event.

Awayze

Neo Member
Not sure how Sudowoodo is in the 10km category, several spawn at home every day, all around 1000cp, no Wonder one yet though. I highly doubt anyone whos playing legitimately will collect 5 Unowns, let alone all 26, which spoofers have already done.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They really need to work on the gym metagame. It's pretty tedious at the moment. Gyms are entirely composed of Vaporeon, Dragonite, Snorlax, Blissey, Gyarados, and Rhydon, and very rarely change hands even in (especially in?) areas with higher concentrations of players. There needs to be some reward for attacking a gym rather than just holding one.

Firemind

Wow. Evolved two Magikarps. One got Dragon Tail / Outrage. The other Dragon Tail / Crunch. With today's nerf to Bite as a defending move, I'm a happy camper!

They really need to work on the gym metagame. It's pretty tedious at the moment. Gyms are entirely composed of Vaporeon, Dragonite, Snorlax, Blissey, Gyarados, and Rhydon, and very rarely change hands even in (especially in?) areas with higher concentrations of players. There needs to be some reward for attacking a gym rather than just holding one.

It'd also be nice if you could somehow benefit from friendly gyms. As it is now, many are often at capacity or take ages to grind a new spot on (only to get it stolen half the time) so I actively ignore friendly gyms now as they have no real function to me. I feel like something is wrong when I'm only happy to see enemy gyms :p

So we have two exclusives:
- Heracross: Western Hemisphere south of the 30th parallel North
- Corsola: between the 30th parallel North and 30th parallel South

And two unreleased:
- Delibird: Possible event?
- Smeargle: Ditto 2.0, i.e. held back due to a special mechanic

Everything else is released and non-exclusive. Correct?

did not know Corsola was exclusive, I will have to nab more of them when I see them

I meant if you were a betting man what would you say.

I am thinking Trading will be April/May and PvP and reworked Gyms will probably be July/August, I do think they will be all out by the end of the year for sure.

I'm a boring man, not a betting man
How could I even imagine myself in such a position?!

Trading in April. The cooler things will probably come later, but I'm being pessimistic

Top Bottom