• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Me too. Sun Stone and Dragon Scale.

Heh, same two I have. But I don't have enough candy for Kingdra or Bellossom, and I haven't caught a not-shitty Sunkern yet. And yet, I have plenty of Poliwag, Onyx, and Scyther candy, and nearly enough Slowpoke...

Saw a lvl 40 guy in a gym today. What do you say: is it possible to reach lvl 40 already?

Theoretically, yes. IIRC the daily XP cap is 600,000 and it's technically possible to hit if you play like 12 hours with constant Lucky Eggs and a perfect walking loop. So just over a month of doing that and you could hit 40.

Realistically... I would still find any level 40 player suspect. Assuming they started day one, they just hit 40 today, and they're an Australian, Canadian, or American player they'd need to average nearly 90,000 per day from launch until now. Any changes to those assumptions and it just gets higher. So it's possible, and I'm sure clean level 40 players do in fact exist, but level 40 players should still be extremely rare to come across, and I'd be willing to bet that right now the large majority are cheating to at least a small extent.

Luxorek

Saw a lvl 40 guy in a gym today. What do you say: is it possible to reach lvl 40 already?

Of course. Plenty of them in Pokemon Go subreddits. There are probably hundreds of level 40 players in the world.
Game's been out for 7 months already and you should never underestimate people's dedication.

I'm still 24 candy away from Blissey-town.

And the best Chansey I have at the moment isn't even that hot.

I'm 7 candy away from 50 but both of my Chanseys are pretty crap.
Don't know if I will be able to resist evolving straight away or to wait for a good one (which could take months and months).

Growlie19

On my way to grab a Sneasel, I also found a Dunsparce! Two new entries brings me up to 45 Johto mons! (Not 46, I miscounted at some point)

Of course. Plenty of them in Pokemon Go subreddits. There are probably hundreds of level 40 players in the world.
Game's been out for 7 months already and you should never underestimate people's dedication.

Yeah, there's a guy in the UK subreddit that just hit 40, he said he earned a million XP in a single day last week from a 17-hour day of catching and mass evolving.

I got a King's Rock today on my 6th day streak. Pretty cool that I'll be getting another evolution item for sure tomorrow on my 7th day streak too.

JavyOO7

I got my last Dratini, had more than a hundred candy, and now I have a Dragonite. My first and probably my only one, but... /tears of happiness

I will never find a Lapras... I'll try one of the beaches around here the day that Switch comes out. XD

Got a Kings Rock as well today... but trashed my slowpokes last time I played lol. Will catch one eventually I'm sure.

Want a Steelix so bad but only caught one Onix ever! They just don't spawn here. Oh well. Game will probably hold my interest another month or so. Seems like I have a few Totodile and Chikorita spawns in my town though.

Joni

The Johto spawns are weirdly divided. I have one city that is completely overrun by Spinarak, without being a nest. The next city over has Spinarak as a rare spawn.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Sigh

QLmO6wh.png

asqYQTe.png

xVxnkAu.png

Dishwalla

Banned
What is happening with this Elekid's face?

Every time I view him he looks like this. Haven't restarted the game yet though, will probably fix it.

The gym by my house was level 7 of my team with a 2700 Blissey in it. Was at 28000/30000 before work so was keen to boost it up.

After work it was at 22000. That wasn't a fun grind.

Anyway put my 3000 Dragonite in it so hopefully that Blissey keeps me there getting 10 coins a day for a while.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Great that there are new Pokémon, haven't played since they introduced the baby eggs. I have about 15 new ones, but I'm not in a rush to get the rest.

I'm a bit disappointed though that the lack of spawn variety from gen 1 continues: I keep finding the same 3 or 4 species: Sentret, Ledyba and Hoothoot are the new rattata, weedle and pidgey.

Dishwalla

Banned
We have lots of Totodile and slightly less Chikorita, and few and far between Cyndaquil here. Not too surprising since Squitles and Bulbasaurs were/are still pretty widespread, while Charmander was sparse.

Already have enough candies for a Feraligatr, but I want a better Totodile/Crocanaw. My Feraligatr has to be a beast.

GulAtiCa

Damn you're all playing this game quick. I'm at 37/70 so far. I fear there is again a lot of stuff that won't appear at all like Ekans.

Same. I'm at 40/70. Heck, I still see new Pokemon on my radar at Pokestops. I'm kinda playing it easy currently, as I don't want to become bored in a month and somehow catch them all. lol.

I'm not passing up Pokemon I see around me of course.

So we have two exclusives:
- Heracross: Western Hemisphere south of the 30th parallel North
- Corsola: between the 30th parallel North and 30th parallel South

And two unreleased:
- Delibird: Possible event?
- Smeargle: Ditto 2.0, i.e. held back due to a special mechanic

Everything else is released and non-exclusive. Correct?

Someone on Silph Road provided data for a million spawns and no item evolutions were seen.

I saw that too, very disappointing to here. The Valentine event didn't pay out any Porygons for me, same for Chansey, but atleast Blissey can be wild caught.

Going to switch my buddy to Porygon, hopefully by the time I get the upgrade drop I'll have 50 candies. He barely existed in my area pre-gen 2.

Top Bottom