• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Anyone starting a Google spreadsheet for friend codes like we had for XY?
So far nobody has reported the friend safari being in this game. As for secret bases, I don't know if just friend codes trades them but you can also use QR codes. A thread might be useful later on for those.

Get a Pokemon with Ice Beam and you'll slaughter them. Will is the only real roadblock.

I find GSC very easy, though not as easy as 5th gen on. Certain Pokemon (Like Totodile, Geodude, and Abra) can solo most of the game with ease.
I did use Ice Beam and stuff, though. It's just that I always ended up with a team in their low 30's and the level disadvantage was just too much to overcome.

My team was only slightly higher leveled in HGSS, but since I was much older I actually knew how to overcome a 13 level disadvantage when facing Lance. X items GOOOOOOO

Is that trainer with a Milotic on the rainy route still a bitch?

Girl is up there with the Mt Moon Raticate grunt and the Furfou couple as the most randomly tough trainer in the series.
Furfrou couple was easy on my playthrough where I had Exp. Share enabled for like half the game since I was so overleveled.

On my next playthrough without Exp. Share, though... Man, fuck that couple.

Man, I would give GameFreak a golden prize if they made Battle Frontier a timed release.

Imagine if they unlocked it May 1st, 2015, exactly 10 years after Pokemon Emerald's release. Of course, that's just the NA release date, the japanese one was in September of 2004, Australia got it in June and EU in October. Still, it could be a cool event.

But my gut instincts tell me that they're just trolling, and that there's no BF in ORAS.

Avixph

So far nobody has reported the friend safari being in this game. As for secret bases, I don't know if just friend codes trades them but you can also use QR codes. A thread might be useful later on for those.
There is no friend safari just a regular safari zone.

MicH

Do they have moves they wouldn't usually learn or just a way for you to get Pokes with hidden abilities and TM's pre learned?
Egg moves and hidden abilities as far as I know

Marshtomp just learned Rock Slide and Nuzleaf just learned Leaf Blade. They're so good!

Blarg... I want to get Ruby for the nostalgia since that's what I had back on GBA, but it's looking like Sapphire is the one that has more exclusive stuff that I want. Decisions, decisions...

Toxi

Banned
Marshtomp learns Rock Slide by level up? Jesus, as if Mudkip didn't steamroll Hoenn enough.
Furfrou couple was easy on my playthrough where I had Exp. Share enabled for like half the game since I was so overleveled.

On my next playthrough without Exp. Share, though... Man, fuck that couple.
I love those random tough trainers. They're the bane of Nuzlockes if you don't know they're coming.

The Cool Trainer with a Milotic in RSE is on a rainy route and can heal, so it's an absurd endurance battle if you don't have something that can KO it quickly.

Mt Moon Raticate in Red and Blue is similar. You're cruising through Mt Moon fighting hilariously easy stuff, then you meet Rocket Grunt using a Raticate with Hyper Fang that is faster than anything you'll have at that point. They actually nerfed him in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Can't think of many others.

Do they have moves they wouldn't usually learn or just a way for you to get Pokes with hidden abilities and TM's pre learned?
A screenshot of the dexnav at a higher level implies it might be a bit more than Abilities and egg moves:
oct_p23_11_en_chp.jpg

Potential=IVs. I guess for nature synchronise lead will have to be used.

Do they keep learning those kinds of moves till the end? Or they just come with one? :eek:
That part of the comment wasn't dexnav related, Marshtomp getting rock slide is a change to its level up move list. Most Hounen Pokemon have a few new things added like that. This tends to happen for later games in gens (see also Metal Claw Charmander in FRLG...you get it just in time for fighting Brock).

Balb

Do these games have the same Exp Share that was in XY? The original GBA games were easy enough so I hope they rebalanced the games if they do have Exp Share.

Delio

A screenshot of the dexnav at a higher level implies it might be a bit more than Abilities and egg moves:
oct_p23_11_en_chp.jpg

Potential=IVs. I guess for nature synchronise lead will have to be used.

That part of the comment wasn't dexnav related, Marshtomp getting rock slide is a change to its level up move list. Most Hounen Pokemon have a few new things added like that. This tends to happen for later games in gens (see also Metal Claw Charmander in FRLG...you get it just in time for fighting Brock).

So how do you level up the dexnav? Just run into the same pokemon over and over?

So how do you level up the dexnav? Just run into the same pokemon over and over?
Sounds like it:
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/adventure-tools/the-pokenav-plus/the-dexnav said:
Increase Your Search Level
The Search Level displayed in the upper-right corner goes up in proportion to how many specimens of a Pokémon species you have found.
As the Search Level goes up...
It will become easier for you to encounter Pokémon with Hidden Abilities or rare moves.
The information you see about Pokémon you’re searching for will become more detailed.

Have fun in the field searching for Pokémon!

Sorry if I missed it but is wondertrade confirmed?
Wondertrade and GTS use the same sever as XY (in fact leaked streams were able to trade using it...making it strange reviewers were not). In other words wonder trade will probably be wonder trash for a few weeks (much larger influx of players who are not trading IV+egg moves breedjects but random crap they caught on route 102).

My wife has a question. I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I don't want to say yes it's the same and then be wrong and disappoint her. My wife prefers Team Aqua over Team Magma, and her question is do both teams get equal "screen time" during the game no matter what version she gets? Or are Team Aqua more prominent in Alpha Sapphire?

My wife has a question. I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I don't want to say yes it's the same and then be wrong and disappoint her. My wife prefers Team Aqua over Team Magma, and her question is do both teams get equal "screen time" during the game no matter what version she gets? Or are Team Aqua more prominent in Alpha Sapphire?
Team Aqua is more prominent in Alpha Sapphire.

harmonize

This might seem like a silly foregone conclusion, but can you actually catch Deoxys in this game, or is it just a battle?

Because if you can, then Gamefreak just needs to drop the act and allow you to catch all of the event Pokemon in the next game, just like you can with the rest of the legendary Pokemon in this one. A man can only wait in the Gamestop parking lot for his Mew to download so many times until he finally reaches his breaking point.

Top Bottom