• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

You'll more than likely be waiting a long time.
Wait for Z next year

No. Mega Mence's stats are 95/145/130/120/90/120. Normal Mence's are 95/135/80/110/80/100.

It's worth the wait, Emerald is the best edition I've ever played. It contains the full story of team magma and aqua.

It would KO itself with all that damage.

chicken_regret_nothing.gif

Insert Salamence instead of the chicken.

-Horizon-

Aerilate.

Aerilate
Normal moves become Flying and get 1.3x.
Return or Thrash with with 1.3x and STAB.

Aerilate which changed Normal type attacks to Flying type and gives them a (1.3x?) boost in power. With Hyper Voice, Thrash, Double-Edge and Return for options Salamence can really destroy things.

Not as bad as I was expecting. Might actually make me reconsider my team.

Hatchtag

Banned
The cutscene for going from Rusturbo/Petalburg to Dewford looked like it was going to be so damn cool! But then the game remembered it can't do a continuous open world anymore, and instead of sailing through the route like in RSE, it just cut to Dewford.
I really hate how the world is broken up into parts, even if it doesn't do it with routes or gates or anything. One of the coolest things about RSE was that it was all continuous, there weren't gates (except cycling road).
Also, god damn the handholding. God forbid you get lost for a split second. Everytime you enter a town, OH HEY HERE'S EXACTLY WHERE YOU NEED TO GO. Like, it's the early portion of the game. But even in RSE it didn't force you to see where a Pokemart was, tell you exactly where your dad's gym was, or have May constantly tell you where to go. It kills the sense of exploration. Makes it feel less like an adventure and more like a guided tour.

Wow they didn't bother to make these compatible with XY at all. I'm actually infuriated - in this day and age not having a compatibility patch is inexcusable, especially since Cosplay Pikachu apparently can't even be put into the PokeBank.

They just don't care, and it's getting so very, VERY old.

backlot

Wow they didn't bother to make these compatible with XY at all. I'm actually infuriated - in this day and age not having a compatibility patch is inexcusable, especially since Cosplay Pikachu apparently can't even be put into the PokeBank.

It's not that they don't care. They just want to force people to buy the new games.

Can we still trade with X and Y or pokebank only for transferring?

You can trade Pokemon but not the new items like Mega Stones.

Ibuki

Banned
It's not that they don't care. They just want to force people to buy the new games.

You can trade Pokemon but not the new items like Mega Stones.

So anything from X and Y can be traded over though? I knew the new stuff wouldn't go from ORAS to X/Y.

Hatchtag

Banned

and thus it goes the way of the spiky eared pichu

It's worth the wait, Emerald is the best edition I've ever played. It contains the full story of team magma and aqua.

I was kind of joking but you really think that Delta Emerald is happening? They trademark names they never use a lot. Like Pokemon Brown, Crimson Purple and Water Blue. Delta Episode seems to retcon Emerald now anyway.

More canon stuff:

There's an old journal in Sea Mauville, written by Professor Cosmo. He claims to have lost the Odd Keystone that was donated to him by the Oreburgh Mine. That's the Spiritomb item, which isn't a surprise to see back in it, but it's a neat reference back to DPPt.

Wiseblade

I was kind of joking but you really think that Delta Emerald is happening? They trademark names they never use a lot. Like Pokemon Brown, Crimson Purple and Water Blue. Delta Episode seems to retcon Emerald now anyway.

Nintendo/Game Freak trademark those names to protect their property and cover their bases, just in case. It's less an indication that something will happen and more that they want to avoid market confusion and keep their options open.

Eh, WaterBlue was supposedly the original name for LeafGreen outside of Japan (but Masuda insisted on calling it LeafGreen everywhere). Grey was going to be made before they settled on B2W2. The other names are fairly generic, really. Delta Emerald is quite a specific name to trademark on the other hand. I don't think they ever trademarked anything for a Yellow or Crystal remake, so it does seem like there may be intent to use this one. Somehow.

-Horizon-

More canon stuff:

There's an old journal in Sea Mauville, written by Professor Cosmo. He claims to have lost the Odd Keystone that was donated to him by the Oreburgh Mine. That's the Spiritomb item, which isn't a surprise to see back in it, but it's a neat reference back to DPPt.
Sea Mauville
?
I don't know if I should spoiler it or not so I did it anyway.

Hatchtag

Banned
Eh, WaterBlue was supposedly the original name for LeafGreen outside of Japan (but Masuda insisted on calling it LeafGreen everywhere). Grey was going to be made before they settled on B2W2. The other names are fairly generic, really. Delta Emerald is quite a specific name to trademark on the other hand. I don't think they ever trademarked anything for a Yellow or Crystal remake, so it does seem like there may be intent to use this one. Somehow.

Considering they already used the term Episode Delta, Emerald is already a game that exists, and Delta's one of the first things someone would guess would follow in a pattern after Alpha and Omega, I think Delta Emerald's just as generic as WaterBlue.

JoeM86

Difference is that those trademarks were for Pokémon WaterBlue, Pokémon Grey, Pokémon Topaz etc. This trademark is just "Delta Emerald". No Pokémon in it.

That Battle Frontier tease feels much bigger than most teases they've done. I know they had a lot of RSE references in XY but even having it under construction is kind of stupid if absolutely nothing comes of it. I mean, I could get it if it was something completely new being teased for the next game, like the hints to a sequel in BW even though nobody really picked up on it because a direct sequel in the same generation never happened before. Though something we already know exists and has been present in 3 sets of games already? Two of which were in the same region as ORAS. It's not a make or break thing for me, it's just weird, even for Game Freak.

Nintendo/Game Freak trademark those names to protect their property and cover their bases, just in case. It's less an indication that something will happen and more that they want to avoid market confusion and keep their options open.

Oh I know. I was just wondering what he/she was thinking.

backlot

Do we have any idea which post game legends are version exclusive yet? I've seen reports of Heatran in OR but I hope you can catch it in AS as well.

Joqu

So far it doesn't seem like the Strange Souvenir does anything in this does it? Completely forgot about that weird thing until now.

Hatchtag

Banned
Do we have any idea which post game legends are version exclusive yet? I've seen reports of Heatran in OR but I hope you can catch it in AS as well.

Conidering its location
scorched slab
wouldn't really work for any othrt post game legend, I'm guessing its not exclusive.

the most important pokemon canon update is
the implication that pokemon games with megas and pokemon games without megas are in alternate universes

I really need to try a Pokemon game sometime. Coming into this thread is like I've entered a different dimension where I don't have the faintest fucking clue what people are saying. The individual words make sense but the sentences that they form I am unable to compute. This goes for just about every Pokemon thread I've come into.

I just released how hype I am for this fucking game. IT'S FUCKING HOENN.

Also when does this go live on the Nintendo Marketplace?

harmonize

the most important pokemon canon update is
the implication that pokemon games with megas and pokemon games without megas are in alternate universes
Officially dumber than the Zelda canon.
Actually where does this leave the Gen 1 and 2 remakes? Is the non-mega timeline:

RGBY/RSE/GSC/DPP/BW/B2W2/XY or FRLG/RSE/HGSS/DPP/BW/B2W2/XY

Or are there three timelines: one mega, one non-mega and one RGBY/GSC? This shit is reminding me of the three android timelines in DBZ.

where is this implied? And thank god. Maybe after this gen we can put the 6th gen completely behind us.

It's not explicitly stated, but Zinnia stops Steven's plan to avoid the meteor by warping it elsewhere, saying that it would cause trouble for some other universe, specifically citing a universe with a Hoenn that's the exact same as their own, but in which the war 3000 years ago never happened so there are no megas, aka original RSE.

Two questions.

- How are HMs handled in this game? Will I need an HM slave?

- I've only played Emerald in gen 3. Should I go with OR or AS?

Ho-oh and Reshiram have both been seen in Ruby with no sign of their counterparts. I haven't heard what shows up in Sapphire in the same spots, though.

Top Bottom