• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

L.O.R.D

Can you hear it? It's coming.

71389492c6324070fe4c2adbcc592a1db8a0ffd51d5abd7ab7c679084eadfac6.jpg

L.O.R.D

After it was shown in here.. I've stopped trading online in mean time. I'm a bit wary of anything really right now. :/ I know it sounds anal and I'm sure the shiny legendaries I've gotten off there (without trying) are hacked... but those are in my shiny dex. The stuff I am looking for I want to be legit. And this is ruining even that. C'mon Nintendo.

at least you can't trade those hacked pokemon online, or even battle online using then
GF servers always detect illegal moves , items ,and pokemon id and secret id

Muku

at least you can't trade those hacked pokemon online, or even battle online using then
GF servers always detect illegal moves , items ,and pokemon id and secret id

True, but that doesn't mean other things can't slip through that are done with this particular cheat device.

True, but that doesn't mean other things can't slip through that are done with this particular cheat device.

In theory it should still be detected regardless of device if it's picking up modifications at the base level. Old pokemon that were heavily modified are only different than new modified pokemon in only a couple of details, aka kalos born and new moves/abilities.

lupinko

Fem trainer is best trainer.

Mainly because the dude has lousy customizations and you can't make a male trainer like Lt. Surge.

Should I wonder trade crummy natures of Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi?

I mean seriously, why is Gentle even a thing? Lol

I wish there was a held item that gave increased exp like the egg AND skipped all level up screens, and did not learn new moves.
I would prefer if the game played like red health Gen 1. Having to wait for sound effects to play out makes levelling up groups lame* (and red health in gen 1 basically allows you to take actions during sound effects and possibly skipping them which is why it is an effective, but risky, speedrun strategy).

*-I take the cut of EXP by not having them up front. Unless I can getting that one to level 100 for asking for legendaries on GTS.

Step 1. Ask around for a cloned perfect Ditto
While people here usually help with this the Kyogres Cascade guild on Gamefaqs have a webform to help as well (you submit a Pokemon on GTS asking for a level 91+ Ditto and they will deposit one for you, it certainly is more convenient than friend codes and being online at the same time).

HUELEN10

I don't Pokemon, I don't know shit about Pokemon, I don't click with Pokemon, and the one game I did play (Diamond) was a 20-hour aggravation fest that ended in Floaroma Town. I got Y for free, and need something to break-in my 2DS. I do want to try to jump in blind, as I believe using guides before was what caused me more confusion. All I want to know are 3 things.

1: Is there any way to choose the sex of my Starter Pokemon? If I don't like what came up, can I delete the save and will it be different, or is it always set in stone?

2: For a beginner, should one bother with bottom screen internet communications? Why or why not?

3: Is it even too late to bother starting with this game? I mean, aren't all the cool Pokemon already gone out of distribution, and isn't distribution ending soon?

Thanks in advance. I was told the official community might be slightly more beginner friendly.

Hachitora

I don't Pokemon, I don't know shit about Pokemon, I don't click with Pokemon, and the one game I did play (Diamond) was a 20-hour aggravation fest that ended in Floaroma Town. I got Y for free, and need something to break-in my 2DS. I do want to try to jump in blind, as I believe using guides before was what caused me more confusion. All I want to know are 3 things.

1: Is there any way to choose the sex of my Starter Pokemon? If I don't like what came up, can I delete the save and will it be different, or is it always set in stone?

2: For a beginner, should one bother with bottom screen internet communications? Why or why not?

3: Is it even too late to bother starting with this game? I mean, aren't all the cool Pokemon already gone out of distribution, and isn't distribution ending soon?

Thanks in advance. I was told the official community might be slightly more beginner friendly.
Diamond and Pearl aren't exactly the best games in the series, so it's understandable that you quit :p As for the questions:

1. You can't choose, but it isn't set in stone. It's a random chance, as is all other pokemon encounters. All starter pokemon have a 12.5% chance of being female. But it really doesn't matter unless you want to breed them. You can save and soft reset until you get what you want though.

2. It's not entirely important. Though you can do stuff like Wonder Trade or GTS which can net you some good pokemon.

3. It's never too late for Pokemon. Plus, distribution doesn't offer anything too special. It has legendaries here and there, but I don't think anything special has been offered yet iirc. Most pokemon are available in-game. If not, you'll have to transfer from older games (which I guess you can't), or get them from trades.

Muku

Mainly because the dude has lousy customizations and you can't make a male trainer like Lt. Surge.

Very true. My dude in Y is in dark clothing mainly because everything else sucks. And while I like the female clothing a bit better, but not by much, I absolutely hate the special thing they get at end of game versus guys special thing. Dress <<<<<<<<<< Pangoro hat.

But then again... I don't even like dresses IRL, so go figure. >_>

You could WT them. Or you could probably set up trades on some place and get something good for them. But if you don't care, WT them away. And Gentle nature... LOL.

If I get a Scyther/Scizor from Gen IV that has been taught Roost via TM, will it pass down when bred in Gen V/IV?

I don't believe Roost is an egg move. If it's not on list, then no.

Mush

Very true. My dude in Y is in dark clothing mainly because everything else sucks. And while I like the female clothing a bit better, but not by much, I absolutely hate the special thing they get at end of game versus guys special thing. Dress <<<<<<<<<< Pangoro hat.

But then again... I don't even like dresses IRL, so go figure. >_>

You could WT them. Or you could probably set up trades on some place and get something good for them. But if you don't care, WT them away. And Gentle nature... LOL.

Oh, I was thinking of HMs, not TMs. Silly me.

You can always give them to me lol.

I don't care about natures and just want them in the collection. If it's a legendary or shiny I'll take it

I say, wonder trade them! You never know you might make a kid's day somewhere. It's why I have Wonder traded a box of Cute Charm glitch shinies before.

lupinko

You can always give them to me lol.

I don't care about natures and just want them in the collection. If it's a legendary or shiny I'll take it

Did I give you a Wishmaker yet? I can also swing you an Ageto too.
I'll look into a shiny ruby as well.

Yeah I'll just wonder trade the crummy natures and give away neutral here.

And do better trades for good natures with special moves.
Thank you abusable save file! Water Pulses and Giga Drains for all!

I would prefer if the game played like red health Gen 1. Having to wait for sound effects to play out makes levelling up groups lame* (and red health in gen 1 basically allows you to take actions during sound effects and possibly skipping them which is why it is an effective, but risky, speedrun strategy).

*-I take the cut of EXP by not having them up front. Unless I can getting that one to level 100 for asking for legendaries on GTS.

While people here usually help with this the Kyogres Cascade guild on Gamefaqs have a webform to help as well (you submit a Pokemon on GTS asking for a level 91+ Ditto and they will deposit one for you, it certainly is more convenient than friend codes and being online at the same time).

I'm interested in other region 6iv dittos of other natures besides adamant and jolly, in languages not English or Japanese.

I'm interested in other region 6iv dittos of other natures besides adamant and jolly, in languages not English or Japanese.

You didn't give me a Jirachi yet, that much I know for sure. As for the Celebi, sure why not lol.

Azuran

Banned
Hey guys, I'm about to fight the Elite Four soon, but I have no idea what to do afterwards. I want to start breeding since it's my favorite activity, but from every guide I have read, most recommend either getting a perfect ditto or a friend safari ditto which I'm going to assume are not easy to get.

Secondly, which one is more fun to do, the Maison or the Institute? I never tried the subway in B/W so I have no idea how it is. Either way, I tend to be a sucker for the AI blatantly cheating.

Anyways, back to the game. I swear I spent most time reading about it than actually playing it.

L.O.R.D

Hey guys, I'm about to fight the Elite Four soon, but I have no idea what to do afterwards. I want to start breeding since it's my favorite activity, but from every guide I have read, most recommend either getting a perfect ditto or a friend safari ditto which I'm going to assume are not easy to get.

Secondly, which one is more fun to do, the Maison or the Institute? I never tried the subway in B/W so I have no idea how it is. Either way, I tend to be a sucker for the AI blatantly cheating.

Anyways, back to the game. I swear I spent most time reading about it than actually playing it.

get a perfect ditto , its easier for you
Maison for more challenge
Institute is just for testing the team

the Maison is very close to the subway , but more harder

redhairedking

Hey, we had talked earlier about my breeding a Modern Scatterbug for you in exchange for one of those water pulse Jirachis and I kinda forgot about it. Are you still interested?

If I get a Scyther/Scizor from Gen IV that has been taught Roost via TM, will it pass down when bred in Gen V/IV?

Yeah, something like that would be listed as a Gen VI egg move (that would also be marked with a "‡ " on Bulbapedia) if it was possible.

An example would be Foul Play as a Gen VI egg move from Spiritomb - In its case, that's only possible if you breed it with a Spiritomb (or one of a few other eligible parents) who learned it via Move Tutor in Gen V. If you have to go fishing back into Gen IV/V moves for something not listed on Gen VI, you won't be able to pass it down by breeding in Gen VI.

lupinko

Hey, we had talked earlier about my breeding a Modern Scatterbug for you in exchange for one of those water pulse Jirachis and I kinda forgot about it. Are you still interested?

Just any nature with TM03? If that's the case then I can see if I can do that.

Because the only ones up for trade are the neutral ones or natures I don't want.

I'm so mad that I never got one of those special disks on the Gamecube. I never had the Master Quest one that came with Wind Waker and never had the Jirachi one that came with Colosseum. Sigh.

Velcro Fly

I'm so mad that I never got one of those special disks on the Gamecube. I never had the Master Quest one that came with Wind Waker and never had the Jirachi one that came with Colosseum. Sigh.

I had them both and sold them.

The Jirachi one I just went into Circuit City and grabbed it for a penny.

lupinko

If it makes you feel better I'll give you a Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi.

redhairedking

Just any nature with TM03? If that's the case then I can see if I can do that.

Because the only ones up for trade are the neutral ones or natures I don't want.

I'd prefer a neutral nature if possible. When is a good time to pick up the parent for the Scatterbug? I'm free most of the day tomorrow and all weekend. I'm on central time btw

lupinko

I'd prefer a neutral nature if possible. When is a good time to pick up the parent for the Scatterbug? I'm free most of the day tomorrow and all weekend. I'm on central time btw

I can be online during those times I think.

Did you want giga drain and water pulse on the Celebi too? Also neutral?

Okay, so forgive me if this has been covered to death but I just booted up my copy of Y for the first time in months, immediately got sucked back into the monster(s) and now I have some questions. I downloaded Bank when it launched for that sweet sweet Celebi but have since let it expire which is all well and good since I know I moved the bulk of my Pokemen through the pipeline into Y but I cannot remember if I left any good men (or ladies) behind...

-Is there a way I can check to see what is sitting in limbo?

-If I renew my subscription, will those left behind be eagerly waiting my return or are they lost to the void?

-Is there any reason to wait to renew my subscription (any special promotions with Alpha/Omega rumored? that kind of thing)?

Thanks in advance for PokeGAF's help. I feel like a terrible trainer who has really let his friends down neglecting these pocket monsters for so long but I just want to do the right thing and make up for lost time.

Hachitora

-If I renew my subscription, will those left behind be eagerly waiting my return or are they lost to the void?

-Is there any reason to wait to renew my subscription (any special promotions with Alpha/Omega rumored? that kind of thing)?
Sadly, if your subscription ends while you have pokemon in the bank, you only have a set amount of time to get them before they're lost completely. As for waiting to renew your subscription, there hasn't been any official word on a promotion, but it would make sense to have one. Don't know if it would be worth waiting to renew your subscription for.

Muku

Okay, so forgive me if this has been covered to death but I just booted up my copy of Y for the first time in months, immediately got sucked back into the monster(s) and now I have some questions. I downloaded Bank when it launched for that sweet sweet Celebi but have since let it expire which is all well and good since I know I moved the bulk of my Pokemen through the pipeline into Y but I cannot remember if I left any good men (or ladies) behind...

Thanks in advance for PokeGAF's help. I feel like a terrible trainer who has really let his friends down neglecting these pocket monsters for so long but I just want to do the right thing and make up for lost time.

Well, if it's been months, it's possible that any remaining Pokemon within are long gone. I think a month or so after it lapses, up until the month(?) it lets you log in and take them out. I could be wrong, as I just added a subscription on top of my free trial.

They don't keep Pokemon indefinitely though, which is why they allow some leeway after your sub ends to pick them out. I'd say renew now though if you're hopping back in. It's a great way to store Pokemon and many of us use it to store our living Dex. (Will make completing Pokedex in future games easier too.)

If you find you've lost any Pokemon though, I'm sure a lot of folks here might be willing to help you get what you need back, or help you finish your collection should you decide to work on a livind Dex.

Edit: And yessssss. Shiny Jirachi and Surfing Pikachu month has finally arrived!

Sadly, if your subscription ends while you have pokemon in the bank, you only have a set amount of time to get them before they're lost completely. As for waiting to renew your subscription, there hasn't been any official word on a promotion, but it would make sense to have one. Don't know if it would be worth waiting to renew your subscription for.

Thanks!

Does anyone know the set amount of time before they're lost completely? If I had a month trial at the outset it couldn't have expired more than 6 months ago... I guess there's only one way to find out for sure but I'd probably hold off on renewing for the time being if I knew what was there had been wiped clean already.

Edit: Thanks Muku! Also, I'm sure I'm not the first one to point it out but JP's events are something to make us Pokefans in the west super jelly now that you reminded me of the Shiny Jirachi and Surfing Pika ;)

Muku

Edit: Thanks Muku! Also, I'm sure I'm not the first one to point it out but JP's events are something to make us Pokefans in the west super jelly now that you reminded me of the Shiny Jirachi and Surfing Pika ;)

You're welcome. And haha, yeah, it's like being in paradise for a Pokefan. I know whenever I move back to US though I'll miss all this. Though fact Pokemon Center is opening up online for US is at least a bit hopeful. But really wish US would get more event stuff. :(

lupinko

Thanks!

Does anyone know the set amount of time before they're lost completely? If I had a month trial at the outset it couldn't have expired more than 6 months ago... I guess there's only one way to find out for sure but I'd probably hold off on renewing for the time being if I knew what was there had been wiped clean already.

Japan events? Everybody is doing ok with events, the only regions that are boned are the Americas.

Exclusive Events for that region:

Walmart Garchomp (US)
Walmart Scizor (US)

That's it, Korea got its own Battle Championship Mega Pokemon (different from the Japanese set), Olleh Charizards. HK got the XY TV Charizards, Parismillon and Gamescom Pokeball Vivillon, Italy got Jessie's Wobbafuet, the GAME Charizards and Magmar and Electabuzz.

The greater salt is that the giveaway for HK Charizards not only work on Japanese/Asian region games but on PAL too.

The Americas get no break.

It sounds like I'm super salty but I'm not since I live in Japan.

Azuran

Banned
Dream Radar still works fine right? I don't mind blowing a couple of extra bucks to get a few legendaries. Also, to get the ones that require specific games, do I need to complete those games first or can I do it with a new file? Little cousin deleted my SS file so...

lupinko

Dream Radar still works fine right? I don't mind blowing a couple of extra bucks to get a few legendaries. Also, to get the ones that require specific games, do I need to complete those games first or can I do it with a new file? Little cousin deleted my SS file so...

It still works, and no, the Gen 4 legendaries when used with DR do not require any save files from the games.

And I farm the dream radar pokes already, if you want I can get you a set with your trainer name (not exceeding 7 characters) and gender.

This is the first time I really want to get shiny pokemon. I know of the methods, currently using the 2 different regions of pokemon and trying to hatch an egg. I have a Japanese Ditto.

I don't have the shiny charm mind you but this grind is tough. Anyone have a method they do when grinding shiny pokemon?

Top Bottom