• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/pokemongreen/review.html
http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/pokemonred/review.html

"You'll be in very familiar territory with FireRed and LeafGreen if you've played any of the Game Boy Pokémon games before, but that's definitely not a bad thing. Though Pokémon could probably use a few new twists after all these years, FireRed and LeafGreen are great role-playing games on their own merits, filled with lots more content and more challenges than last year's Ruby and Sapphire, and offering up plenty of addictive gameplay that can be a lot of fun for players of all ages."

Soul4ger

deadlifter said:
:lol

How many successful pokemon games can be made?

As long as they keep selling in the millions and continue to be of the utmost quality, I'd say as many as Nintendo can churn out.

Vargas

CVXFREAK said:
*cough* Japan *cough*

*cough* didn't the games just sell 2.5 million copies in that country *cough*

San Andreas will be at 3 million by the end of November and 5 million by next July. If these were all new games I would agree with you.

cvxfreak

Vargas said:
*cough* didn't the games just sell 2.5 million copies in that country *cough*

San Andreas will be at 3 million by the end of November and 5 million by next July. If these were all new games I would agree with you.

FR and LG will end up at 3 Million in Japan. That alone will be a hard hurdle for SA to go through, unless it bombs in the U.S. which it won't.

Vargas

Well that is the thing right there, San Andreas does not need Japan to sell. North America and Europe are more than enough to outsell the remakes.

cvxfreak

Vargas said:
Well that is the thing right there, San Andreas does not need Japan to sell. North America and Europe are more than enough to outsell the remakes.

It's still up in the air, but I still think these will be the second best selling of this generation, behind Ruby/Sapphire. Even if San Andreas didn't need Japan, it's not like these games actually need the U.S. either, since they were cheap to make.

Alcibiades

wow, only .2 away from Fable, and .5 above from Star Ocean.

I wonder who will win the battle of the September RPG's when all is said and done though. September sales numbers are going to be interesting and I expect Pokemon to be the better seller long-term.

P90

FR and LG will end up at 3 Million in Japan. That alone will be a hard hurdle for SA to go through, unless it bombs in the U.S. which it won't.

Yup, Pokemon is the GTA killer, heck, everything software killer. Though, I'm not yet sold on the DS, GBA compatibility, like the Pokemon games gives Nintendo soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much leverage compared to the PSP. Just as the PS2 has tons of leverage going into next gen with the PS3, the GBA and GBA compatible devices will warrant the most creative and significantly more volume-wise handheld development.

P90

Kiriku said:
They should make a TV series based on GTA. :D

Already done, only GTA is based on TV and movies. I thought I remember an interview saying GTA is inspired by the Sopranos and the Godfather movies. From what I have played of GTA3, it sure looks it to me.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
P90 said:
Already done, only GTA is based on TV and movies. I thought I remember an interview saying GTA is inspired by the Sopranos and the Godfather movies. From what I have played of GTA3, it sure looks it to me.

Yeah, of course...but they could still make a series that is based on GTA, since GTA is not exactly a total carbon copy of something else. It's more like it shares the same kind of atmosphere. The fact that they've got a lot of inspiration from TV and movies should just make it more suitable. :)

Top Bottom