• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Ondore

You can leave the 4th slot blank (drag whoever's in it off the team and it'll show a blank Poke Ball) to force Pidgey to appear. Otherwise, it's a normal 4-Pokemon stage.

I use M-Ray, an Eject++ and a Quirky+ for my weekend Meowth team. Average around 5300. On a really good run I'll be looking at 8k.

Should I be getting more than that with other setups then?

I use M-Ray, an Eject++ and a Quirky+ for my weekend Meowth team. Average around 5300. On a really good run I'll be looking at 8k.

Well with a Banette team I probably average around 7000, and have been close to 10k. That's Banette (candied), two Mega Boost 'mon and Yamask with Quirky. I'd have to have an absolutely atrocious round to be as low as 5300, especially since they changed the start pattern. And Banette isn't even the ideal set-up these days.

Going back to older comments about expert/main stage Pokémon being a chore, I'm actually breezing through almost everything with a fully candied M-Ray. Obviously I'll still need items to S-rank many stages but I'm beating almost everything itemless, and most stages don't need more than a moves+5 and occassionally a DD to S-rank. So I'm spending coins, but waaaay fewer than I expected. It's a beast in the expert stages too, M-Ray and three super-effective Pokémon can beat almost anything without items and with time to spare. I'm still 50 or so main stages back (at least until tomorrow) but progress hasn't felt bad at all between 400 and 480 or so.

See Salamence has spoiled me because I was pissed I got 6900 last time, normally I'm in the 8500 range.

Depends on how much you have to invest and where you're at on the main stages. If you have Unown ! I'd spend the 5 MSU on Mewtwo Y. The goal is to get sped up as quick as possible then let the coins build up so the disruption keep coming.

Well with a Banette team I probably average around 7000, and have been close to 10k. That's Banette (candied), two Mega Boost 'mon and Yamask with Quirky. I'd have to have an absolutely atrocious round to be as low as 5300, especially since they changed the start pattern. And Banette isn't even the ideal set-up these days.

Going back to older comments about expert/main stage Pokémon being a chore, I'm actually breezing through almost everything with a fully candied M-Ray. Obviously I'll still need items to S-rank many stages but I'm beating almost everything itemless, and most stages don't need more than a moves+5 and occassionally a DD to S-rank. So I'm spending coins, but waaaay fewer than I expected. It's a beast in the expert stages too, M-Ray and three super-effective Pokémon can beat almost anything without items and with time to spare. I'm still 50 or so main stages back (at least until tomorrow) but progress hasn't felt bad at all between 400 and 480 or so.

See Salamence has spoiled me because I was pissed I got 6900 last time, normally I'm in the 8500 range.

Depends on how much you have to invest and where you're at on the main stages. If you have Unown ! I'd spend the 5 MSU on Mewtwo Y. The goal is to get sped up as quick as possible then let the coins build up so the disruption keep coming.

Jesus. I'm a nothing! Mewtwo it is then. Thanks, guys.

Got rather lucky with today's Love Pikachu. 1 MSU, 2000 coins and 20 Hearts. Nice.

pHand

Holy crap at the update. New main/expert stages, new safari (with even more disgustingly low catch rates than usual), new escalation battle (350+ stages), and a competition repeat. GS must really want people to buy Jewels.

any tips for the relaxo rematch? it's proving to be rather annoying

There's a Google Doc that has suggestions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HXBx9ck_klASiNKrGVck/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#

For the Snorlax repeat they suggest, "Bring Snorlax. Gallade for BS+. Machamp for damage and a combo Mega."

Stage On

Holy crap at the update. New main/expert stages, new safari (with even more disgustingly low catch rates than usual), new escalation battle (350+ stages), and a competition repeat. GS must really want people to buy Jewels.

By Arceus this update is just insane! Good thing they have given us so many extra hearts to burn lately because I'm going to need all of them

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Perfect time to use that free "trial" of unlimited hearts for ## minutes (think it was 10?) for the new safari.

Sure would be nice to have a new Pokemon worth leveling up, I've pretty much ran out, which makes it hard to decide who to bring for Meowth.

Loptous

I'm using M-Ray, Dog!Zygarde and 2 Quirky+. Usually get around 6000-9000. Best one was 10700 coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like there's only 20 new main stages. Fine by me.

Also oh god, SHINY Rayquaza. Wonder what his Mega ability will be.

What team should I use for the safari? Says Ice type, but anything else?

Edit: So Shiny Mega Rayquaza is
a Flying Type who has the "Erases Pokémon and disruptions around two spots you tap" ability.

Machine

I burned through about 20 lives on the safari so far and still haven't even seen Sandslash or Mega-Ray. God these catch rates are terrible. I just want it over already.

pHand

Uggh, Volcanion's rewards are just too good to pass up. I'm super glad I used the last two weeks to farm PSBs for Bellossom and Shaymin. Hopefully they can get me through the end.

What team should I use for the safari? Says Ice type, but anything else?

There's two Normal Pokemon randomly thrown in. The Ice team works fine for Zigzagoon, but Linoone only has 3 moves and I couldn't even beat it when I encountered it with my standard team of M-Ray, Glalie, and Articuno. People on Reddit are suggesting M-Bee or Articuno with a high skill level, but I think I'm just gonna bring in a Fighting team once I have all of the other Pokemon.

For the rest of the Safari, if you have an Ice Barrier Bash+ Pokemon it'd be best, particularly for Rayquaza. A decently skill leveled Glalie is also very useful. Some of shiny Ray's later disruptions are quite nasty.

Maybe Gengar/Ray, Glalie, and Mamoswine for the Safari?

I guess I'll have to get W-Slurpuff next week. Even used a couple banked hearts but couldn't catch it.

Safari, escalation, and a competition. You can farm Cobalion but it costs coins, and a highly useful Mega for the competition is at the end of the new stages.

I used MBee/Mamoswine/Snorunt lvl 15 SL5

Linoone was the only one I faced as time expired. Beat it didn't catch it. It probably showed up about 5 times, might have been the least common.

Wish I would have farmed Skarmory on Monday for the comp I don't think I can afford more that SL2 on Cobalion. Next week is Mega Shiny Ray Competition so maybe it would be better to use Victini to raise a high level Ice team and pass on any new Steel/Poison for this comp.

So... It took almost 100 plays for Shiny Rayquaza to show up, and when he does, he robs me of 14000 coins and runs away.

Yup. This Safari is going to be a pain.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh thank god, Shiny Rayquaza captured (2 great balls later) & safari is taken care of. Think it's worth putting Mega Speedups into, considering it requires 15 of them? I also can't remember the last time I used a Flying type as my Mega (but then again, Shiny Rayquaza is only the 3rd one)

Ondore

The main thing Sky Blast teams lacked before unless you were nuts and plowed 10 RMLs/a bunch of Skill Boosters into Staraptor was disruption control. Potentially, Shiny Ray can knock out ten tiles of it per shot, and it does provide a super-effective tapping option for things M-Tyranitar can't (only thing that crosses over is Bug).

Has anyone beat Tentacruel? I've thrown 4 different lineups at it and I'm about to give in and just spend a ton to S-rank it to get past the stage. Of course this is one of the few worth catching so that means great balls are in order on top of whatever items I use.

Cosmozone

Oh thank god, Shiny Rayquaza captured (2 great balls later) & safari is taken care of. Think it's worth putting Mega Speedups into, considering it requires 15 of them? I also can't remember the last time I used a Flying type as my Mega (but then again, Shiny Rayquaza is only the 3rd one)
Did you need to use great balls for the others? I haven't catched any without them so far but also don't want to spend money for the lower tier Safari Pokemon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you need to use great balls for the others? I haven't catched any without them so far but also don't want to spend money for the lower tier Safari Pokemon.
No, though I did use a jewel on that one Normal just because I had no idea how rare he was & it was the first time I saw it after a ton of attempts. I'm pretty much against using jewels to get 5 more moves, but for a safari, it was an exception & I had enough for the last two Weekend Meowths of the month.

Cosmozone

No, though I did use a jewel on that one Normal just because I had no idea how rare he was & it was the first time I saw it after a ton of attempts. I'm pretty much against using jewels to get 5 more moves, but for a safari, it was an exception & I had enough for the last two Weekend Meowths of the month.
Hm, strange. I had some tough luck, then. Even that sweatdrop thing came only once.

pHand

It sucks to spend so much time getting PSBs for Bellossom and Shaymin only to have 4-matches fail right when you need them most. Also, they should change the description for Mega Ampharos's mega effect to the more accurate, "A non-random lightning strike erases a jagged line of Pokemon and avoids all disruptions without fail."

14000 coins probably means he's on Mobile, where the Great Ball trick doesn't work.

Whoops, it never occurs to me that people play this game on something other than 3DS!

Finished the Safari, used my free 15m infinite-hearts item once the other bunch were caught and saw Ray twice, didn't beat him the first time but had six moves left the second time, and caught him at 31%. Pretty confident I'd have kept him in a great ball if needed though. Now the escalation. Bloody hell.

Ok, around the 200th heart Shiny Rayquaza appeared again, and this time he was kind enough to give me Super Catch rate so he only ate 3500 coins this time around.

Done with the Safari, I'm missing Whiscash but I won't bother. Will catch it once the Safari repeats or something.

Now, I don't know if to tackle the main stages to get Mega Mecha Godzilla for the competition or if I should just use Mega Steelix and keep going with the EB.

Wishcash is such a pointless addition. I was just complaining about how Gliscor is a unnecessary clone for an EX stage so what do they do release a weaker clone of a clone. I guess it has more appeal to an early game player but this would have been a perfect time to roll out a missing BS+ or BB+ ground type or at the very least make it a RB++ user so you have to decide whether to trade off bp or ability.

Chris1

Saw on Reddit a good heads up. If you haven't used your free trial for unlimited hearts, best to do it now while there's a safari. Also recommend using it when you've already caught the more common pokemon so you can just quit instantly and go for the rarer ones.

Edit: oh I see it was already posted. Got Rayquaza with 1 minute left and about 80~ attempts.

pHand

The appearance rates for the Safari have been posted: http://pkmnshuffle.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Safari

I'm surprised that Shiny Ray is 1%. There hasn't been one that low since the first Shiny Magikarp/Gyarados safari, and when they repeated that one recently they bumped the rates up. I was hoping the days of 1% were done.

Done with the Safari, I'm missing Whiscash but I won't bother. Will catch it once the Safari repeats or something.

I think there were a couple of Safari Pokemon that ended up being repeated in main stages. I wish they'd do that more often instead of just having main stage repeats.

Oh Flygon is a main stage right? I haven't caught it yet haha, but I have Gliscor.
I'm the opposite, I actually tried the Gliscor stage for the first time on Monday when I had nothing to do and I can confirm I still suck at timed stages.

I forgot about Golurk, I must have been thinking about Flying types.

Speaking of which is Shiny Ray the first icon that has the same ability as its alternate color? I guess it doesn't really matter since it evolves so fast but I would be nice if it had an ability you could use as support.

I think there were a couple of Safari Pokemon that ended up being repeated in main stages. I wish they'd do that more often instead of just having main stage repeats.
Wait. Which ones? The only one I can think of is Cubchoo, but the one that appeared on the holiday safari was the "Holiday Cubchoo" which has a different icon.

Edit: Well, there's Dragonite, which was originally an Expert stage, so it's possible they'll put some event Pokémon in newer areas.

pHand

Wait. Which ones? The only one I can think of is Cubchoo, but the one that appeared on the holiday safari was the "Holiday Cubchoo" which has a different icon.

Edit: Well, there's Dragonite, which was originally an Expert stage, so it's possible they'll put some event Pokémon in newer areas.

Duskull, Dusclops, Pumpkaboo, and Gourgeist. I think it might have been because they were removed from the Safari repeats.

Finally got something from Pikachu (an RML).

I'm the opposite, I actually tried the Gliscor stage for the first time on Monday when I had nothing to do and I can confirm I still suck at timed stages.

I forgot about Golurk, I must have been thinking about Flying types.

Speaking of which is Shiny Ray the first icon that has the same ability as its alternate color? I guess it doesn't really matter since it evolves so fast but I would be nice if it had an ability you could use as support.

My approach to EX stages have been to beat it itemless and then pray for Super Catch at 1%. For Gliscor I used M-Venusaur, and even then it was dicey: you need a good starting board and a fast evolution. Matching 5 Zubats for a lucky Paralyze can help too.

My approach to EX stages have been to beat it itemless and then pray for Super Catch at 1%. For Gliscor I used M-Venusaur, and even then it was dicey: you need a good starting board and a fast evolution. Matching 5 Zubats for a lucky Paralyze can help too.

Normally, if I'm deadset on catching it, I start tossing a Great Ball soon as I beat it and soft reset if needed. This time I went in blind beat with 8 secs left and thought I could do better, three hearts later I can't beat it for some reason. Moved on, hearts are spent better elsewhere for now.

Also Spring is upon us...

http://www.poketoru.jp/news/post.php/517/

Looks like a new group of Daily Pokemon (Alolan Meowth, Rockruff, Cutiefly, Charjabug, Bewear) and the trio of Starters probably as Weekly Special Events I would assume. But first, of course, is more Emo Pikas. You like Pikachu, Lugia and Ho-Oh? Well we put a Pikachu inside your Lugia and Ho-Oh!

Top Bottom