• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Cosmozone

Awesome, I just had the most successful competition run in my playtime! Should be peanuts to everybody else, but this is the first time I was this close to 100000. Normally, I don't even crack 50000. Was probably really lucky since I didn't have the best fitting mega as usual.

Machine

It looks like I may be pushed out of tier 3 in the next hour or two. I have just enough coins for two or three more runs to raise my score. Hopefully the coming week doesn't have too many coin sinks since I'm running low.

It looks like I may be pushed out of tier 3 in the next hour or two. I have just enough coins for two or three more runs to raise my score. Hopefully the coming week doesn't have too many coin sinks since I'm running low.

This week looks pretty soft. I'll probably farm Kingdra since it's only 70 PSB to SL5 with hearts. Pass on Ho-Oh, and the other two might not even be worth raising to SL2. Might even skip those lady bugs in the Safari, I need the coins more

because next week...

Mega Houndoom
clone of Mega Dancie...BOOOO

Celebi EB advertised with 200 levels
Lv50: 1× Mega Speedup.
Lv75: 1× Skill Swapper.
Lv100: 1× Skill Booster M.
Lv125: 1× Mega Speedup.
Lv150: 2× Raise Max Level.
Lv175: 2× Mega Speedup.
Lv200: 3× Raise Max Level.

Tyranitar PSB stage (disruption in Mega Comp)

Politoed with Crowd Control 70BP

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like there's a repeat safari, but with two new Pokemon added.

Cyndaquil is also up & is the only new Pokemon, everyone else is repeats.

daydream

Banned
feels like some mega events are never getting repeated. i get that you don't wanna hand out too many prizes with repeats but at least add the mega stone via challenge card or as main stage

Ondore

Gallade, Pinsir, Aggron, Shiny Rayquaza, Winking Glalie, and I'm sure there's other alternate forms. There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on.

pHand

Some of the recent tactics to artificially extend the life of the game are a huge turn-off. Repeat main stages with ridiculous amounts of HP, repeat Safaris with one or two new Pokemon, and unholy monstrosities like Winking Cyndaquil are all very cynical ways to keep people playing. The worst part is they were extended a lifeline with Game Freak introducing Gen VII, but they haven't capitalized on it.

I do hope that when the game ends they'll release a patch to unlock all game content for perpetuity. The base game is quite fun, it's just the F2P trappings that make it a chore.

Gallade, Pinsir, Aggron, Shiny Rayquaza, Winking Glalie, and I'm sure there's other alternate forms. There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on.
They recently added Shiny Charizard X and Y, Shiny Gengar, Shiny Tyranitar, Shiny Gardevior, Shiny Mewtwo X and Y, Shiny Metagross to the code

As far as the Winkies go they really aren't meant for us but newer players who don't have a chance at catching Zekrom can still have and electric BS+ in Queasy Pikachu. Just like the main games it's got to be hard to find a balance to appease veterans and new comers at the same time.

If they had just replaced winkies and repeat mainstages with color palette swapped Shinies I don't think anyone would be complaining.

They could extend the life of the game by adding Gen VII Pokemon, Ultra Beasts and a Z-Move mechanic, but why would Genius Sonority want to make an effort when they can simply spend the rest of time loading the game with shinies and winking Pokémon instead?

I keep telling myself they are holding back Gen VII for some big update but I'm beginning to think they don't have plans to introduce anything more from Sun and Moon. Why drag your feet for this long? Do we have any info on how much money this game generates monthy?

I keep telling myself they are holding back Gen VII for some big update but I'm beginning to think they don't have plans to introduce anything more from Sun and Moon. Why drag your feet for this long? Do we have any info on how much money this game generates monthy?
Not seeing any Gen VII Pokémon makes me think this will stay as a Gen VI game, but then again, we're still getting previously unreleased megas, like Houndoom next week. So, hopefully, once everything from the first six generations is done, they'll give us Gen VII.

Anyone have a list of all the unreleased Pokémon? The one I care the most is Serperior.

pHand

Do we have any info on how much money this game generates monthy?

The only hard data available is that it's currently #452 on the Top Grossing Android charts. Back in July, Superdata estimated that it had earned $14 million after 509 days (~17 months) of release, so roughly $825k a month. Meanwhile, SensorTower estimated that it made $300k (Android + iOS) in November, 2016. Neither provides any info on how they arrived at their numbers, so I'd take them with a grain of salt. Then again, somehow the game has lasted this long when I thought they'd close up shop by the end of last year, so what do I know?

Anyone have a list of all the unreleased Pokémon? The one I care the most is Serperior.

There was a really nice one that broke them all down events, emotions ect. but I can't find it now.

This one is outdated with the remaining icons in orange and white

https://i.imgur.com/NgCIqo5.jpg

and is missing the recent additions here

1bf12d57f644add6564fded0c9c56ad7.jpg

The only hard data available is that it's currently #452 on the Top Grossing Android charts. Back in July, Superdata estimated that it had earned $14 million after 509 days (~17 months) of release, so roughly $825k a month. Meanwhile, SensorTower estimated that it made $300k (Android + iOS) in November, 2016. Neither provides any info on how they arrived at their numbers, so I'd take them with a grain of salt. Then again, somehow the game has lasted this long when I thought they'd close up shop by the end of last year, so what do I know?

So they are probably planning on taking a page from Pokemon Go and waiting to release that next generation when they need a financial bump. But that's so much harder to draw old players back into the game when all the new content would be locked behind 100's of stages.

I just want some of those new abilities like Goad and Good Luck, whether or not they come from Gen VII

There are fewer Pokémon missing than I thought, still, with the shiny Pokémon there is enough content for some months before they either have to end the game or add Gen VII Pokémon.

So they are probably planning on taking a page from Pokemon Go and waiting to release that next generation when they need a financial bump. But that's so much harder to draw old players back into the game when all the new content would be locked behind 100's of stages.
That's easily fixed by making alternate routes on the main stage, meaning, you don't need to beat 550 levels to get to the Gen VII Pokémon. Granted, that would probably require some modifications regarding how the content is displayed.

FFS, done two all-item runs on Hoopa stage 450 and missed the S-rank both times. Wasting all my money right now and still not sure which mega to use because combos just don't seem to be happening. M-Ray and Medicham both failed me.

So yeah, who do I use?

Orgen

FFS, done two all-item runs on Hoopa stage 450 and missed the S-rank both times. Wasting all my money right now and still not sure which mega to use because combos just don't seem to be happening. M-Ray and Medicham both failed me.

So yeah, who do I use?

My mvp was gallade iirc (to break all the blocks) and I used Mray as mega. With that said I got the S rank on my second full item attempt :|

They even give you 6 moves left on that stage and I still missed the thing by one turn but I didn't have to throw a great ball so I was leaving that an unfinished one and done.

Have you tried a Pummel team? Skill boost Lucario if you haven't and invest as much as you can in Machamp. Mega Ray really is the only mega that can generate the combos needed during distruption delay and hope Gallade can handle the onslaught of blocks once it wears off.

On a completely unrelated note: Did they really only run Pinsir for three fucking days? I didn't even reach SL2, I wanted to add him to the farm on Stage 37

Ended up tossing Great Balls at Ledyba and Ledian since I didn't want to bother with the Safari any longer than necessary.

I don't remember what I used for Hoopa-U but it was probably Rayquaza for the combos.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
- Mega Houndoom Event
- Celebi escalation battle (timed) returns
- winking Chikorita
- Politoed

It's bonkers how easy the Celebi battles are when you use MAX Rayquaza, Genesect, & Hoopa Unbound & just let the combos form themselves.

Fewr

It's bonkers how easy the Celebi battles are when you use MAX Rayquaza, Genesect, & Hoopa Unbound & just let the combos form themselves.
It probably takes longer for the post victory combos to end than doing the actual stage.

I wonder what kind of mad combos you could get on a timed 3-Pokémon stage if you were to use Gengar (etc) and two weakass ineffective Pokémon

^^^ Daaammmmnn Day 7 scores are going to be insane aren't they?

Qwilfish not spawning coins anymore is a bummer. I had spent last week farming coins up to max then burned off coins on some Mission Cards and Tyranitar hoping it would drop a RML, all the time assuming I could gain them back in one day on Qwilfish.

What are you going to do, with Celebi being timed I might be better off saving coins.

pHand

This Celebi escalation is rough. I have no idea how people are doing the boss stages itemless. Whenever I try, I always get around halfway through the HP, and end up just using an Attack Power Up the next try. Then again, I still don't have Hoopa-U, or Mega T-Tar. For those that do, is the strategy for timed stages to set up Risk-Taker procs and ignore combos?

I also did an itemless Mega Houndoom run and got a score that, if I had used items, would have currently gotten me into Tier 1. I know it wouldn't have lasted, but I feel like it would've lasted long enough to end up in Tier 3 or 4. Now I'm worried that I used up all my luck, and my actual item run will go horribly wrong, lol.

This Celebi escalation is rough. I have no idea how people are doing the boss stages itemless. Whenever I try, I always get around halfway through the HP, and end up just using an Attack Power Up the next try. Then again, I still don't have Hoopa-U, or Mega T-Tar. For those that do, is the strategy for timed stages to set up Risk-Taker procs and ignore combos?

I also did an itemless Mega Houndoom run and got a score that, if I had used items, would have currently gotten me into Tier 1. I know it wouldn't have lasted, but I feel like it would've lasted long enough to end up in Tier 3 or 4. Now I'm worried that I used up all my luck, and my actual item run will go horribly wrong, lol.
Usually I start with Zoroark and combo as much as possible, when that fails, I go for Risk Taker and then look again to start a new combo with Zoroark.

Level 50 is pretty tough itemless. I tried Gengar twice and Camerupt before beating it with 0 second skyfall with Absol.

Sinister Power is a must, because even a combo sustained throughout all 40 seconds isn't enough. T+10 extends the duration by 25% though so it's a very efficient advantage.

Machine

I made a run at Celebi 150 using all items except C-1 and took off about 80% of its health. Unfortunately, that was the last of my coins so its grinding time. I'll probably work my way up to 175 but likely stop there.

pHand

Usually I start with Zoroark and combo as much as possible, when that fails, I go for Risk Taker and then look again to start a new combo with Zoroark.

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind if and when I ever catch Hoopa-U. I'm still about 70 stages away, so I'm super tempted to just RML Sableye as a replacement.

Meanwhile, I've stopped at 125 for the escalation battle. I'd probably need full item runs for the remaining boss stages.

I made a run at Celebi 150 using all items except C-1 and took off about 80% of its health. Unfortunately, that was the last of my coins so its grinding time. I'll probably work my way up to 175 but likely stop there.

Same thing happened to me. I thought for sure I could just add one more item after each boss level and be fine. Even started perfect with Sinister leading to MAbsol clearing the disruptions. But towards the end I dropped the combo when skyfall didn't drop any Absols to stash in the bottom corner in time.

I'll probably pass on 200 too, I really want those RMLs but I know I'll end up missing it by a hair and be forced to use a jewel.

EDIT: also pHand pay no mind to those itemless reports, most if not all are on mobile where you can slow the game down by lagging the app. I can believe a skilled 3DS player could do LVL 50, probably 75 easily but when you have people beating 125 itemless they had help that's only obtainable from outside the game.

EDIT2: 175 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, 15 sec left with full item run. I was nervous at first, wasn't sure if I should wait and do my Houndoom runs. Now it made me over-confident and has me wanting to journey forth to attempt 200.

Cosmozone

I beat Celebi on 150 with full items and 10 secs left. Should I go on?
I don't have M-Tyranitar or Hoopa-U which everybody seems to go with.

My team for 150, all attacks level maxed out:
M-Heracross SL2, Darkrai SL4, Genesect SL2, Yveltal SL4
The first two do good damage together especially if you're not good
at timed stages like me, but it might be not enough for 175 or 200.

Edit: OK, after consulting Reddit, I'm at least going to try 175. But probably
next week. Gotta do some grinding and the competition first.

Fewr

I just reached lv 100. I think I'll stop for now and focus on Houndoom to get the stone. After tuesday I'll see if I'm up to 125.

Stage On

Urg I hate timed escalations. I can usually get all the prizes on the turn based ones but not timed.

I was hoping to get to at least 150 with Celebi but I just got destroyed on 125 with a near full item run. The only item I didn't get was Complexity-1 since I was hoping I wouldn't need to use one until the next boss.

So I basically flushed down the entires day's worth of grinding for coins and got nothing to show for it. Blah at this point I'm better off topping my coins up again and finishing the last few expert stages I need

After 400 hours with this game, I may have reached my tipping point.

I don't have a fully candied Tyranitar, but even after multiple attempts I couldn't get in a high tier for the competition. So I blew most of my coins there.

The rest of my coins were spent on regular Tyranitar but I didn't get a single RML drop.

I'll still keep playing to catch event Pokemon but I'm done with PSB grinding. Not going to bother much with escalations either since all the good items are at the higher levels (Celebi 75 and 100 give you useless items; it's almost like a paywall).

Yeah last competition would have been difficult without Mega Tyranitar. There's a reason why the top tier was filled with nothing but one Mega, that stage was built with its ability in mind. And if you don't have access to a sped up Tyranitar or can't effectively combo with its ability you're kind of out of luck.

I sunk a ton of coins into Rayquaza competition and should have known better. I wasn't even close to some of the scores here but I kept pulling that slot machine lever.

Don't get discouraged, it just wasn't your competition. But I get it, I started letting Pokemon go uncaught beginning with Winky Cindaquil. I don't see the point in being forced to waste 2500 coins to catch a worthless Pokemon I'll never use with the terrible catch rates these recent pokes have been given. And Tyranitar didn't drop shit for me either.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, another old safari but "here's two more "new" Pokemon so you still have to play it & hope you get them"

I'm debating if I should bother giving Wailord RMLs as at max, his attack is 90 & ability is Flash Mob, where "having more Pokemon of the same type boosts damage dealt", which seems rather useful since I would assume his attack would go up to 100 or 110 & be on par with lv. 15 Kyogre, lv. 15 Suicune, & Palkia.

Machine

I was lucky. I managed to get the two new Pokemon from the safari within the first 7-8 hearts so I don't have to waste any more time on it. Winking Mega Glalie seems pretty useless though. The fact that it requires 20 speedups is crazy.

Ended up just outside rank #3000 for the competition (NA, 3DS) so I got 1 measly MSU and RML. Hooray!

Saying it's a slot machine is a good way to put it. I was using Camerupt: 10 less BP, but evolves faster and basically does the same thing, right? If I got a 5-match Landorus I could increase my score by 4000 in one move, right? Good Politoed disruptions (level 8, SL2) and I could chain some combos automatically, right?

Nope, nope, nope. Heck, I even brought Tyranitar once and evolved him pretty fast and still couldn't get a high score.

What's a good Safari team? It recommends Electric, but that doesn't help against the Winking Ice Pokemon. Rock, maybe?

Stage On

What's a good Safari team? It recommends Electric, but that doesn't help against the Winking Ice Pokemon. Rock, maybe?

I took Gangar, Machamp and Reshiram since I only needed the Winking Ice Pokemon but that won't work so well if you actually need any of the others.

Maybe sub Machamp for Tyranitar or your next hardest hitting Rock type and you should be pretty good

Looks like next week's update will make new RML and SS Pokemon available, starting with Virizion who will have a PSB stage for the upcoming Mega Gyarados Competition.

So we'll probably see the other two legendary deer... hmm hoofed beast not sure how that trio is labeled.

-Virizion
-Terrakion
-Cobalion

Plus the recent Main Stage Repeats with no current RML or SS option. Not all but some will surely see an upgrade.

Vanilluxe
Togekiss
Togetic
Munchlax
Purrloin
Carbink
Banette
Skarmory
Haxorus
Blissey
Fraxure
Shuppet (Mind Zap farmable w/ the great drop rates of Snorunt and Pidgeotto, yes please)
Axew
Chansey
Raichu
Happiny
Pichu
Klefki
Illumise
Volbeat
Vaporeon (Only Eeveelution yet to join Eject+ party)
Zorua
Dusclops
Duskull
Below Stage 450
Cinccino
Minccino
Sawlot
Gulpin (Best drop rates out of the main stages)

What other Pokemon could you see getting upgraded? Kyurem? Victini?

I started letting Pokemon go uncaught beginning with Winky Cindaquil. I don't see the point in being forced to waste 2500 coins to catch a worthless Pokemon I'll never use with the terrible catch rates these recent pokes have been given. And Tyranitar didn't drop shit for me either.

What's the point of playing the game if your goal isn't to catch 'em all?

I don't really understand what other point the game has, I mean, there's no story to complete or anything, completing the Pokédex is really the only goal I can think of! If you're not playing for that, what are you playing for?

Fewr

Any tips for S-Ranking M-Salamence?
I've tried full item runs a few times and finish with about 8 moves left. I don't know if I should level up Raikou or Articuno (or both) to cause more damage and be done earlier.
Thx

Top Bottom