• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

daydream

Banned
pokemon in desperate need of SS: giratina (altered), heatran, victini, latios, latias, kyogre

also there's a couple pokemon with a mega stone that are pretty much useless unevolved: tyranitar to some extent, definitely salamence (at least upgrade his current option to mega boost+), camerupt, gardevoir, heck, even mewtwo

Machine

EDIT2: 175 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, 15 sec left with full item run. I was nervous at first, wasn't sure if I should wait and do my Houndoom runs. Now it made me over-confident and has me wanting to journey forth to attempt 200.

I decided to keep going. The run from 176 to 200 was much easier than the run from 151 to 175. I managed to beat 200 but had to burn a jewel because when time ran out there was a sliver of health remaining. I blame it on a slow start because I was killing it once I got going. Darkai kept putting Celebi to sleep so it didn't disrupt me once the whole time.

What's the point of playing the game if your goal isn't to catch 'em all?

I don't really understand what other point the game has, I mean, there's no story to complete or anything, completing the Pokédex is really the only goal I can think of! If you're not playing for that, what are you playing for?

For me, It's no different than the main games. Become a Pokemon Master by creating the strongest team. I've never completed a Pokedex in any game. And since this title doesn't even incentivize collecting like the main games, there literally is no point in these weak mon other than filling the pages making it longer to tab though when selecting a team.

What they need is a Little Cup

Some new mode or tournament were only 30-50 BP can enter. Then, you not only have a reason to collect but also train previously worthless mon.

Either that or create some goal post like S-Ranks where an item is unlocked every 100 catches or so.

I decided to keep going. The run from 176 to 200 was much easier than the run from 151 to 175. I managed to beat 200 but had to burn a jewel because when time ran out there was a sliver of health remaining. I blame it on a slow start because I was killing it once I got going. Darkai kept putting Celebi to sleep so it didn't disrupt me once the whole time.

Sorry it didn't sound like anyone was attempting 200. This might be the best opening move, especially with a Cheer ability in Celebi.

What Mega did you go with?

pokemon in desperate need of SS: giratina (altered), heatran, victini, latios, latias, kyogre

also there's a couple pokemon with a mega stone that are pretty much useless unevolved: tyranitar to some extent, definitely salamence (at least upgrade his current option to mega boost+), camerupt, gardevoir, heck, even mewtwo

That would be such a slap in the face with Tyranitar trainers. So you just dropped all those coins on Eject we'll here's an amazing new ability everyone will use their first Skill Swapper on. Watch it happen. There was speculation Tyranitar farmable stage meant new RML and SS that week since it was the first mon to farm from the main stages that never received an upgrade.

But those same people expect Groudon and Kyrogue to get upgrades since they last two weeks.

Heatran is a nice choice, but it would need to be something unique and powerful like Flash Mob to join the crowded Fire team rotation. Soon as Giratina-O was released it was meant for SS.

I doubt we see already upgraded Pokemon get a second buff in this next update. But I wouldn't put it past GS to do that eventually.

Any tips for S-Ranking M-Salamence?
I've tried full item runs a few times and finish with about 8 moves left. I don't know if I should level up Raikou or Articuno (or both) to cause more damage and be done earlier.
Thx

Assuming your Mega is Rayquaza there really isn't anything you could change than bring stronger or harder hitting mon.

Machine

What Mega did you go with?

I went with the team that carried me most of the way - Mega-Gengar, Darkrai, Hoopa-U, and Yveltal. I tried messing around with Mega-T but the tapping always breaks my rhythm and I tried using Zoroark for sinister power but I struggled to activate the ability and sustain combos.

Chris1

Pretty much given up this game. I check to get the timed pokemon but I really can't be bothered with it any more. Ever since they added 50 stages it just put me off the game and I've never really been able to catch up again. I could catch up if I tried but I don't have the will to and hearing it's essentially repeats of the earlier stages doesn't exactly help.

Last weeks competition was probably my worst yet due to not having M Tyranitar

Fewr

Pretty much given up this game. I check to get the timed pokemon but I really can't be bothered with it any more. Ever since they added 50 stages it just put me off the game and I've never really been able to catch up again. I could catch up if I tried but I don't have the will to and hearing it's essentially repeats of the earlier stages doesn't exactly help.

Last weeks competition was probably my worst yet due to not having M Tyranitar

Probably time to delete the game, and just check back once in a while just to see what's new. Also, fire emblem mobile is coming out next week.

Damn, another old safari but "here's two more "new" Pokemon so you still have to play it & hope you get them"

I'm debating if I should bother giving Wailord RMLs as at max, his attack is 90 & ability is Flash Mob, where "having more Pokemon of the same type boosts damage dealt", which seems rather useful since I would assume his attack would go up to 100 or 110 & be on par with lv. 15 Kyogre, lv. 15 Suicune, & Palkia.

The catch with flash mob is it's not affected by "super effective" boosts, nor is it affected by the pokemons level/attack power. Keldeo already had the same ability and it's not that good outside of apparently being decent for a Survival mode all water team, in which case using two pokemon with the skill might be alright.

Cosmozone

Wheeeew, Just beat Celebi at 175 with full items and time already run out while the last combo was still on and a very short one at that. Now if that's not a sign to stop immediately, I don't know what is. :)

There's a FREE unlimited hearts for 15 mins you can use in the next 27 days. Probably worth holding on til a Safari so you can quickly cancel the match til you find the rare one.

2 Free Jewels, a RML and SS when you check in.

Poison Types got some new moves. Now we have Ice Dance. Lot of Flash Mobs too. Check the reddit post for full list

Magikarp LVL 20 Risk Taker is perfect They should have trolled us with 30

EDIT: The next EMO Pikachu apparently has a guaranteed RML drop rate of 100% on day 7 and 11. The other days still have a decent chance ranging from 12.5-25% drop with days 4,8 and 12 only having a 3% drop. Which is still twice as likely than the PSB farmable special stages so it's still worth rolling the dice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, in 3 weeks, it'll be the 2 year anniversary of this game.

............& of those 2 years, I've put in over 576 hours, or the equivalent of 24 days.

Oh look another competition with Mega Tyranitar in the top 5, and the same hacker at #1 (NA, 3DS).

Come to think of it I wouldn't be surprised if some of the top scores are from hackers. There's no way you had a max-level SL5 Angry Pikachu right when the new update hit.

Machine

Oh look another competition with Mega Tyranitar in the top 5, and the same hacker at #1 (NA, 3DS).

Come to think of it I wouldn't be surprised if some of the top scores are from hackers. There's no way you had a max-level SL5 Angry Pikachu right when the new update hit.

I don't know. Some people in the Shuffle Reddit talk about how many RMLs and experience boosters they have accumulated from farming stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if they were able to max out something almost immediately.

I just finished level 100 of the new (old) EB. Time for me to switch gears and work on my competition score. I need to get a couple skill levels up on Bellossom and maybe Virizion.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freakin' hell, how did I manage to miss the SAME DAILY POKEMON twice in a row now.

Why do I even care about Winking Treecko when it won't even appear in the Pokedex, let alone actually be used.

pHand

Took a full item run to beat 150 of the EB using M-Ray, Glalie, Zygarde-50%, and Kyurem-B, and I still only barely eked out a win with 2 moves remaining. I have enough coins to try 200 twice, but I get the feeling it's gonna be another Jewel sink.

Edit: Managed to beat 200 in one try with a single move left. Team was M-Ray, Glalie, Xerneas, and Zygarde-50%. I fed Glalie 3 Skill Booster Ms beforehand and Chill really made the difference near the end. I think I'll repay the favor by using the RMLs on Glalie.

daydream

Banned
is there a mistake re: lvl 100 latias? info message says lvl100 is a RML, the box at the bottom displaying the next prize says mega speedup for me

Orgen

Too many Pokemon to level up now... this game is starting to feel more like work than fun :( Having bought Pocket Jockey Card also don't help hahaha

Machine

What team are you using for Virizion? Is it easy to farm?

I used an all-flying team with Mega Salamence (fully candied) and it was a breeze. I always won with several turns remaining. I stopped once I got to SL3 because I had other stuff I wanted to do though. I used the same team with Bellossom although results were a little more inconsistent.

OmegaX

I used an all-flying team with Mega Salamence (fully candied) and it was a breeze. I always won with several turns remaining. I stopped once I got to SL3 because I had other stuff I wanted to do though. I used the same team with Bellossom although results were a little more inconsistent.

Damn, I don't have Mega Salamence yet. For Bellossom I'm using a Mega Pidgeot team with Salamence (Mega Boost+), Lugia (Eject+), and Chatot (Flap). It works OK but I've read a fully candied Mega Beedrill with an optimized team is better.

I used fully candied Beedrill with Emboar, Ho-Oh, and Lugia (for Eject) for Bellossom. The same team could beat Virizion comfortably, but I could've swapped out Lugia for a Fire-type, likely Reshiram for the barriers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh man, guys

another version of Pikachu!

this only makes the EIGHTH VERSION to exist.

also wee, more winking pokemon.

Edit: I doubt anyone will use it, but Winking Audino's ability is erasing 10 pokemon of the same type & takes a whopping 15 mega speedups.

Remember this Enamored Pikachu will drop pretty nice gifts as our Valentine's day present so be sure to catch it on the first day. Match the middle column of Enamored Pikas to set off a skyfall to open up the board. EDIT: apparently each day there will be a correct move to make. Kind of like choosing what's behind door number 1, 2 or 3.

Edit: I doubt anyone will use it, but Winking Audino's ability is erasing 10 pokemon of the same type & takes a whopping 15 mega speedups.

Well that is the ideal Mega ability for a Double Normal team, by far the best comboing ability in the game. You couldn't have asked for a better ability.

But I'm more interested in a Weekend Meowth Team. Neither Banette, Mewtwo or Salamence have access to two Mega Boost+ supports let alone the possibility of three with a SS Audino. Sped up, W-Audino would evolve in 7 icons so 2 moves in most cases and it's evolved.

Finally got Ray fully candied.

Who should I do next?

Build an Ice Team! MRay and his new merry band of Ice Types nearly beat LVL 100 itemless on Latias. They are just too young right now, couldn't get past the last 1/8 of the health bar. Being SE against 4 types this team will get a lot of run.

OmegaX

I used fully candied Beedrill with Emboar, Ho-Oh, and Lugia (for Eject) for Bellossom. The same team could beat Virizion comfortably, but I could've swapped out Lugia for a Fire-type, likely Reshiram for the barriers.
Thanks! I ended up using Mega Beedrill with Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Reshiram. The same team worked to beat both Bellossom and Virizion easily.

Finally got Ray fully candied.

Who should I do next?
Mega Tyranitar or Salamence if you have them. Tyranitar has become the best mega to use in competitions for a while and Salamence is good to farm Sunday Meowth I hear.
If you don't have either, Mega Beedrill is amazing too.

noquarter

Nice to see a Winking Pokemon that I might use. Double Normal with the ability to remove up to 10 icons of one type is pretty good. Also now I have to get Arceus maxed and W-Audino.

Had to use a great ball for enamored Pikachu, but luckily made up for it with W-Audino on the first go at 17% or something as well as Shaymin on first try.

Got a RML, 1000 coins and three hearts from Pikachu today. Windfall.

Hearts are 100% guaranteed to drop according to reddit so if you're on 3DS don't go in with 99 hearts stored up (unless you really don't care about losing them.)

Oh, and it's different to yesterday too. Don't go matching the middle column! You want the left one.

JoeM86

oh man, guys

another version of Pikachu!

this only makes the EIGHTH VERSION to exist.

also wee, more winking pokemon.

Yeah about that.

In the code for the 3DS one at the moment, there's a total of 15 Pikachu variants.
Shuffle Mobile is further along in having images added and has a further 22 Pikachu variants, most of which are based on various plush that have happened such as Kimono Pikachu, Rayquaza Pikachu etc.

They also added a myriad of shiny Pokémon (Charizard, Mewtwo, Hawlucha, Xerneas, Tyranitar, Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Diancie, Metagross, Gengar, Gardevoir), the three additional Deoxys forms, female Wobbuffet, the three Castform variants, female Hippopotas, Hippowdon & Unfezant, Meloetta Pirouette Forme, Poké Ball Pattern Vivillon, Zygarde Core & Zygarde Cell

They're really going to push variants in order to increase longevity.

5 hearts and I still can't catch Winking Togetic. Come on.

Also had the same terrible luck with Winking Wiggly (that sounds dirty). Wouldn't even stay in Great Balls.

Cosmozone

5 hearts and I still can't catch Winking Togetic. Come on.

Also had the same terrible luck with Winking Wiggly (that sounds dirty). Wouldn't even stay in Great Balls.
Took me 15 tries or so. And only because I finally caved and spent the money for a great ball. Totally annoying.

I wouldn't mind having to replay the winky stages if there was some sort of challenge were you had to figure out the best team to beat it to a bloody pulp. But when you S-Rank the stage on the first try and subsequent 5 attempts you shouldn't still need a Great Ball to catch the damn thing.

Missing the W-Audino the first time I questioned whether it makes more sense to toss the great ball and spend the next 5 hearts on farming Meowth.

pHand

This Shaymin PSB farming will be the death of me. The first two days I was getting PSB at the expected rate of around 1 every 4 runs. But since last night I've gone through 30 plays with only three drops. It's disheartening and just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

Machine

This Shaymin PSB farming will be the death of me. The first two days I was getting PSB at the expected rate of around 1 every 4 runs. But since last night I've gone through 30 plays with only three drops. It's disheartening and just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

I feel the same. I got Shaymin up to level 3 and I think I'm done. Considering the drop rate, 40 psbs to raise it to level 4 will take me at least 200 hearts. I guess it wouldn't be so bad on mobile because you can buy the enhanced drop rate item but on 3DS it's terrible.

pHand

I feel the same. I got Shaymin up to level 3 and I think I'm done. Considering the drop rate, 40 psbs to raise it to level 4 will take me at least 200 hearts. I guess it wouldn't be so bad on mobile because you can buy the enhanced drop rate item but on 3DS it's terrible.

According to this it's only 20 PSB to SL4. The only problem is it's only +3% to activation rate at SL4. Going to SL5 gets you an additional +7%, but it'll take a further 60 PSB. Thankfully, it's a light week, so my hope is to just get as many as possible and finish it off with Skill Boosters. But it's still such a slog and makes me question the RNG.

Machine

According to this it's only 20 PSB to SL4. The only problem is it's only +3% to activation rate at SL4. Going to SL5 gets you an additional +7%, but it'll take a further 60 PSB. Thankfully, it's a light week, so my hope is to just get as many as possible and finish it off with Skill Boosters. But it's still such a slog and makes me question the RNG.

Ah, I misread the table. 5 gets you to LV2, 15 more gets you to LV3, 20 more to LV4, and 60 more for LV5. Still a lot of hearts to make that jump to LV4 given the crappy drop rate.

Cosmozone

Beat Latias 150 with full items except MS, 1 move left. Using Glalie would've probably helped with those disruptions later on. 200 might be possible to beat with that strategy and full items including MS, but I'll pass. Don't want to rack up the amount of coins for that and invest more turns for even getting there.
And that bitch Pikachu didn't give me anything but turns so far. :(

And I finally looked up what to do to get M-Rayquaza and M-Tyranitar. At least Ray is not that far away on normal stage 300 (I'm on 261, and that with >800h). But 420 for Tyranitar? Argh! I decided to let the event stages to not consume all my resources anymore and do more normal stages, but they're so annoying.

Beat Latias 150 with full items except MS, 1 move left. Using Glalie would've probably helped with those disruptions later on. 200 might be possible to beat with that strategy and full items including MS, but I'll pass. Don't want to rack up the amount of coins for that and invest more turns for even getting there.
And that bitch Pikachu didn't give me anything but turns so far. :(

And I finally looked up what to do to get M-Rayquaza and M-Tyranitar. At least Ray is not that far away on normal stage 300 (I'm on 261, and that with >800h). But 420 for Tyranitar? Argh! I decided to let the event stages to not consume all my resources anymore and do more normal stages, but they're so annoying.
I don't think I could have beat 200 with MRay. I was struggling in the 190s with him, but I don't have a lot of high level heavily invested support with Fairy, Dragon or Ice.

M Tyrantitar/Dragonite/Zygarde50/Kyurem-B full item run with 5 moves left (Emo Pika helped keep the cost down with +5 and MS, no RML yet)

pHand

GS were straight up trolling when they gave everyone Rayquaza and had the Mega Rayquaza competition, but then didn't have the Mega Stone as a prize.

I managed to finally finish off Shaymin farming, so I'm spending the rest of the week fighting through the main stages. I'm nearly up to Hoopa-C and it feels like every other stage requires items just to beat. I'm not sure if I'll go any further than 450, though, much less bother with Expert stages. Anything past Gallade or Mamoswine doesn't seem particularly unique or useful.

GS were straight up trolling when they gave everyone Rayquaza and had the Mega Rayquaza competition, but then didn't have the Mega Stone as a prize.

I managed to finally finish off Shaymin farming, so I'm spending the rest of the week fighting through the main stages. I'm nearly up to Hoopa-C and it feels like every other stage requires items just to beat. I'm not sure if I'll go any further than 450, though, much less bother with Expert stages. Anything past Gallade or Mamoswine doesn't seem particularly unique or useful.
The Rayquaza from that competition you're talking about was not Mega Rayquaza, just the vanilla one. It was a bit weird.

Shaymin at level 5 is a beast and probably the most valuable pokémon to have at level 5. If you also have Bellossom at level 4, they're pretty much unbeatable.

You probably mean Hoopa-U, since Hoopa-C is an event Pokémon. You're at a point in the normal stages that every other level feels like a grind, but after a while it gets much simpler. Hoopa-U is really useful for competitions since a bunch of them are for Psychic types.

Getting to stage 530 is really worth it, as Mega Salamence is the best mega for Meowth farming.

Agree on Expert, most are pretty useless, especially compared to the special event Pokémon.

Orgen

The Rayquaza from that competition you're talking about was not Mega Rayquaza, just the vanilla one. It was a bit weird.

Shaymin at level 5 is a beast and probably the most valuable pokémon to have at level 5. If you also have Bellossom at level 4, they're pretty much unbeatable.

You probably mean Hoopa-U, since Hoopa-C is an event Pokémon. You're at a point in the normal stages that every other level feels like a grind, but after a while it gets much simpler. Hoopa-U is really useful for competitions since a bunch of them are for Psychic types.

Getting to stage 530 is really worth it, as Mega Salamence is the best mega for Meowth farming.

Agree on Expert, most are pretty useless, especially compared to the special event Pokémon.

Why is Mega Salamence the best mega for Meowth farming? Did I miss anything lately? (I suppose you're talking about Weekend Meowth right?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Salamance has the same "erase 10 pokemon of the same type" ability as Banette & Mewtwo. You can combine the Mega Boost ability that Noibat & Rotom (Fan) have, but personally, I'd use Mega Mewtwo since if you have Unown (!), then that's a Mega Boost+ & another 3 Pokemon who also have Mega Boost, with Meloetta having MB++ (though activation rate is much lower unless you take the time to level its ability up).

Edit: I guess Audino (Winking) could be used since I'm counting 3 MB Pokemon & 2 MB+ Normal types, but Audino (Winking) also requires a whopping 15 Mega Speedups, where as Mewtwo only needs 5. With Banette, you need 12 & I only see 3 MB (including Banette itself who has Mega Boost).

Actually what makes MSalamence unique is the ability to bring only 3 Pokemon to Weekend Meowth the forth forced support is Pidgey. Bring Lugia's Eject+ ability it can help create something out of nothing when you can't make 3 combos. You only need two Mega Boost to trigger once you fully speed it up, so it's significantly faster than anything else. (Outside of Audino-W but the investment doesn't seem worth it right now)

Ray was an odd gift because it's useless without the stone. Then you run the first competition featuring no Mega and no Stone, seemed like the perfect time to run a MRay Comp. They make a lot of head scratching decisions.

That's one thing I hate about the later Expert Stages is that there are straight up clones like Gliscor and Ludicolo. What's the point of that? Walrein is probably the last one I found useful, though I do want Jumpluff.

Orgen

I already have Banette and Mewtwo fully candied so I don't think I'll do the same for Salamence for now.

Btw, you can only bring 3 pokemon to weekend meowth? and the fourth always gets filled with Pidgey? ?_?

Top Bottom