• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ja4Vv3h.png

Title(s) - Pokémon X/Pokémon Y
Platform(s) - 3DS and 2DS
Genre - RPG
Publisher - Nintendo
Developer - Game Freak
Release Dates - October 12 Worldwide releases

tumblr_inline_mp0r88evqJ1qz4rgp.png

lbmIdGE.png

Pokémon X and Y are the sixth generation mainline games for Nintendo 2DS and 3DS. The game takes place in the Kalos region, which draws from European influence (France in particular). Your new adventure starts in the luxurious Vanille Town, where your player character lives with their friends. What new Pokemon will encounter?

tumblr_inline_mp0rak6N0W1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp0r90mfZi1qz4rgp.jpg

2eaG0fF.png

Player: New to Pokemon X and Y is the ability to customize your own avatar. The player can change his or her avatar's hair style, skin colour, and clothing (everything from hats to shirts to shoes). Customization items are purchasable throughout Kalos region in various boutiques and clothing stores. The default names are Calem (male) and Serena (female).

tumblr_inline_mp0r30P0JV1qz4rgp.png

Professor Sycamore:

tumblr_inline_mpu41raDzb1qz4rgp.png

The new Pokémon researcher in the Kalos region. He does not give the player the Kalos starters, but instead those from the Kanto region after completing the first gym. Unlike the previous researchers, Sycamore will battle you at some point during your adventure.

Team Flare:

tumblr_inline_mt2xuuWyI41ru5ffx.png

tumblr_inline_mpu4299Ip61qz4rgp.png

Not much is known about Team Flare, except that they want to make money and turn the world beautiful. They are led by the villainous Xerosic and his admins, the fabulous Mable, Bryony, Aliana, and Celosia

OBcMleI.png

Your entourage of friends who join you on your adventure.

tumblr_inline_mp0r40iUls1qz4rgp.png

Shauna: An energetic and curious girl who wishes to become a Pokémon Master.
Tierno: A kind large boy who aspires to become a dancer. He enjoys watching Pokémon battles to learn new dance moves and techniques.
Trevor: A smart student who is fascinated by the PokéDex and dreams of filling it before his friends.

0afXKse.png

Pokemon-Bank-Diagram-X-and-Y.jpg

Pokémon Bank, announced in September's Pokémon Direct, allows players to transfer Pokemon from Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 into Pokémon X and Y, via a free 3DS application. However, the software comes with an annual fee.
JP Price: 500 yen per year.
US: 4.99 Dec 27

Pokemon Bank FAQ

Mi1tGHH.png

tumblr_mo8k6iy3V41s395rto1_500.png

The all-new Fairy-type is the first type to be introduced since Dark and Steel back in Generation II. Nintendo officially announced Fairy-type in Nintendo's E3 Direct in June 2013. Sylveon, a brand new evolution for Eevee, is one of the new Fairy-type Pokémon, along with re-typed pokemon such as Marill (Water/Fairy), Mawile (Steel/Fairy), Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy), and Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy). Fairy-type is Super Effective against Dragon, Dark and Fighting-types, and weak to Poison and Steel-types. It resists Dark, Fighting, and Bug and is the first type to be immune to Dragon-types. Poison, Steel and Fire-types are all resistant to Fairy-type.

HLi0CdL.png

tumblr_inline_mrae1foXLv1qz4rgp.jpg

A new evolution method introduced in Pokémon X and Y. Mega Evolution works differently than normal evolution, as it occurs during battles. When a Pokémon Mega Evolves, it alters the Pokémon's appearance, stats, and sometimes even type (for example, Mega Ampharos is Electric/Dragon and Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon). However, Mega Evolution is temporary and the Pokémon reverts back to its normal form after the battle is finished. Mega Evolution requires the use of both Mega Stones (special hold items which enable a Pokémon to Mega Evolve during battle) a and Mega Ring (a special bracelet worn by trainers that utilizes a Mega Stone's energy in tandem with the bond they share with their Pokémon to activate Mega Evolution).

0RU53Ip.png

Steel-type no longer resists Dark and Ghost-type.
Grass-types are immune to "powder" moves such as Poison Powder, Sleep Powder and Spore.
Ghost-types are immune to moves which preventing fleeing such as Mean Look.
Electric-types are immune to paralysis.

MgnmImP.png

Character customization: Change your trainer's look with hundreds of different clothing and hairstyle combinations.
PR Videos: Create short videos which showcase your personality and style for passerbys.
New Divisional Regional Dex: For the first time ever, the regional PokéDex is divided into three different areas: Coastal, Central, and Mountain Kalos, each with its own Pokémon to be found and caught!
3D Movement: Move in 16 different directions using the 3DS' Circle Pad. So long, grids!
Rideable Pokémon: In certain areas, Pokémon can be ridden to provide a trainer with unique effects (i.e. Rhyhorn can smash boulders and Skiddo can jump up otherwise inaccesable ledges).
Pokemon-Amie: A new feature that lets trainers bond with their Pokémon by petting, feeding or playing with them. The stronger the bond, the greater effects the Pokémon experiences in battle (including an evasion boost and increased critical hit chance).
Super Training: A handy feature which allows players to EV train their Pokémon and permanently boost their stats in mini games. Players can also use the Effort Meter to see their Pokémon's EVs for the first time.
Sky Battle:A new battle method in which Flying-type Pokémon or those with the ability Levitate battle in the air.
Horde: Wild battles in which the player's Pokémon faces off against up to 5 wild Pokémon.
Player Search System (PSS): A radar which allows players to keep track of and interact with other players they've met.
Wonder Trade: A new trading feature utilizing the 3DS' StreetPass function. The player selects a Pokémon from their PC Box to put up for trade, which is automatically swapped with another player's Pokémon upon StreetPassing with them. You can't get your Pokémon back once it's traded, so be careful!
Language Select: For the first time, players can play Pokémon in 7 different languages, selectable from the very start of the game.
Photo Spots: Take in-game screenshots with special photo-op spots scattered about Kalos!

tumblr_inline_mp0rbvZJr61qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp0rdabQt31qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp0rc2BdCU1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp3nd0hQe41qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mpugvtvH841qz4rgp.jpg

Pokegaf Online Spreadsheet:

Quote to see

Credits -

Horse Detective for providing the banner and text images
The Official Pokemon Site, Bulbagarden, and various other sites for character images, screen shots
ScraftyDevil helping me out with editing and grammar
Pokegaf and everyone else

Good OT. Can't wait for the game, trying not to spoil myself on any of the game, but had to check up the starter evos. On a side note, I'm not feeling the Rival characters. But Team Flare looks awesome.

EDIT: #teamXerneas all day

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, it's happening! I once again think I'm going to go with the female player character. I'm a guy, but man, the dudes always look so dumb in Pokemon games. Maybe the customization stuff will change that, though.

Edit : Yeah, sounds like I shouldn't worry. Also WOW, the rivals are all super adorable.

Soul Beat

Why can't Gamestop do midnight.
I know, right!

I'm so glad my store closes at midnight on Fridays. Totally gonna be picking it up at midnight and already asked for some days off too. :p

Hype levels are beyond infinity right now. It's still so far off! I can't...

Somehow I've avoided seeing the bad guys up until now....Team Flare looks awesome. I especially like the 2 dudes on the bottom Jojo posing.

EdLin

Neo Member
What's the main differences between X and Y? Any clear advantage to choosing one over the other?

didnt preorder. just going to pick it up when best buy is open. i really should attempt to finish the game by finish i mean story. pretty sure the only pokemon i did was blue lol.

By the way, I'm sure it should be clear, but official stuff only in here, at least until release day.

Also *boards hype train*

ToysRus has a Buy 1 get one 40% off on all 3DS and WiiU games until 10/12

So you can get Pokemon X or Y + another game for 40% off

Haven't seen any other Pokemon XY related deals yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom