• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinople

I guess I'm team X, but I just bought White so I'll not start it before at least several months, probably years :/

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Man I really want to get this off of the eShop, but I really don't trust leaving the hours I'll invest into my team with Nintendo's asinine account system.

789shadow

Banned
I am so hyped. My Gamestop is doing a midnight launch, so I'm going to play this for 24 straight hours, THEN WATCH TOONAMI I DON'T CARE ABOUT MY HEALTH.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Midnight eastern? So, 9pm PST? How does the eShop work?

#TeamX
#TeamChespin
#TeamOGPokemonMaster

Quite simple. Click the Eshop App on your 3DS (Handbag). Click on Pokemon X & Y. Click download which will promptly ask you to add funds via Credit Card. Pay. Then download! :D

Available at 12:00 EST

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think anything not on the official site is a spoiler.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/

Probably anything not released by Nintendo or shown be reviewers (meaning most things not in the OP, at least until tomorrow)
Makes sense to me. Now we just need more people reading the OP, I guess. :-\

Also: will I be able to transfer my Pokemon from BW2 on launch? I heard Pokebank isn't launching till December?

Velcro Fly

Getting X on release.

Will likely pick up Y later on just to have both if I really like X.

Have not bought both versions since Gold/Silver

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Picking up Y and picking Chespin. Probably going to go digital unless an awesome deal pops up. I may do that Toys R Us deal and pick up Pikmin 3 and this, but not sure yet. Digital sounds kind of nice since I'll be playing on and off from time to time.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hope Japanese eShop does a midnight release.

And please keep all the leaked stuff out of here. Such a damn shame that copies got out so early. Really diminishes the fun of a global simultaneous release.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not at launch. And yea, it isn't launching till December. It will be free for a month and then be a paid service.
Bummer. I was hoping to sell my copy of Black 2 right away, haha. I'm sure it'll retain its value fine, though.

Getting X here. Also, I'm Team Froakie but I think I might go with Fennekin since both of the friends I'm playing with are getting Froakie.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Gamestop called me today to let me know the game was not coming out this saturday, but the following saturday. I asked the dude why are they notifying me right now, and he told me he needs to get through hundreds of these, poor guy.

Looking forward to getting the guide, I see they're releasing a half looking guide and a full sized guide, but they're only showing the smaller guide on the gamestop site, hopefully that changes soon.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Did the character descriptions for the rivals come from official Nintendo PR? I think it's really cool that they have fat character who wants to be a dancer. A boy no less! But it bugs me that the description describes him as a "large" boy. I want to see more fat characters portrayed in ways that don't make a big deal about them being fat, and instead explores them in more deep and nuanced ways. In this case, simply leaving out the "large" descriptor would make me happy. I wonder if they're going to explore his size at all in his story. If so, I hope they handle it well, and not in fat shaming ways.

Anyways, yay that they have a fat dancer boy. <3

Here's the official description on the Pokémon X and Y site:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/friends/

Tierno is burly and nimble, and his goal is to create a dance team with his Pokémon! He pays close attention to Pokémon when they battle to see he if he can incorporate their actions into new dance moves.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gamestop called me today to let me know the game was not coming out this saturday, but the following saturday. I asked the dude why are they notifying me right now, and he told me he needs to get through hundreds of these, poor guy.
Ah, makes sense. I got a call from them two days ago and was wondering why they were calling so early.

Here's the official description on the Pokémon X and Y site:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/friends/
Cool, thanks. I like that language more, for sure.

Bullza2o

I wish eShop releases the game worldwide whenever Australia reaches 12AM 10/12. Having to wait 15 hours in America sucks...

Tablo

Team X for sure, just need to buy a 3DS XL or a 2DS... And transfer all my Pokemon stored on my Diamond cart to White 2 for Pokemon Banking.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
#TeamUndecided

Getting both X and Y, no idea which one I'll start first. Anybody else in the same boat?

Theorymon

This is coming out at midnight on eshop right? I wanna get the game asap so I can test out a bunch of mechanics.

Man, a new gen is upon is. This is when competitive Pokémon is at its most exciting =)

Sealion88

Saw a mid 20s guy with a pokemon shirt today in the train station. Wish i could come out of the closet like him in the public. Anyway really cant wait for this game!!!!

DaBoss

Just realized, not saying anyone has a spoiler avatar, but leaked Pokemon shouldn't be anyone's avatar either, right?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Saw a mid 20s guy with a pokemon shirt today in the train station. Wish i could come out of the closet like him in the public. Anyway really cant wait for this game!!!!
I always compliment (and sometimes also high five) people I see wearing video game stuff, especially Pokemon. I feel like Pokemon has been around long enough that plenty grown ass people can relate to loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom