• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with that too.

So you are fine with them overturning the will of the voters in a hypothetical situation.

Never said that.

I oppose white nationalism, I just wont vote for Hillary.

If someone on the level of Trump (and no that's not Bernie Sanders) ever managed to con people, yes I want them there to stop him/her.

Teggy

Don't forget young goddess Chloe Moretz, who I am totally not creepy for finding hot, will be speaking, as well as America Ferrara and other non-Baio-tier celebrities.

So I figured out who Kaine reminded me of. My dad. So totally my dad. That same goodness that you see? So much like my dad. He'd have liked this pick I think.

remist

If someone on the level of Trump (and no that's not Bernie Sanders) ever managed to con people, yes I want them there to stop him/her.
I don't trust Democratic insiders any more than I trust voters to make that decision. If Bernie actually had popular support and it was close I believe they would have stopped him.

hrm yes let me keep posting this hypothetical with no basis in reality that conveniently justifies my personal biases so that i can keep on avoiding making any effort to actually stop a white nationalist from being elected

TopDreg

That speech by Kaine sent chills down my spine. What a fantastic pick!

Naturally, because I'm from Oregon, my FB feed is littered with posts about the DNC cheating Hillary. Ugh.

Anyone got a link to Kaine's speech?

That speech by Kaine sent chills down my spine. What a fantastic pick!

Naturally, because I'm from Oregon, my FB feed is littered with posts about the DNC cheating Hillary. Ugh.

Same on all counts.

All of them were also fucking silent during all the RNC bullshit.

I don't trust Democratic insiders any more than I trust voters to make that decision. If Bernie actually had popular support and it was close I believe they would have stopped him.

I remember when they did that to Barack Obama, such a shame. Lord knows blocking the black guy, with the funny name, and little political experience who was standing in the way of the Clinton political machine was simply the best thing to do for the party.

Would that change be sufficient for you to oppose white nationalism, or would you expect more pieces of silver for that?
Damn, pigeon, you've been on the fucking warpath lately, especially in OT. Your patience running thin with these anti Hillary lunatics?
Obama, Biden, and Kaine all on Wednesday? Seems like maybe Biden should be moved to Tuesday
No, they have all those special guests on Tuesdays. It's gonna be one punch after another in the name of social justice. Mothers of the movement, bitches.

No they wouldn't have. They didn't stop Obama when Hilary was the obvious choice and they wouldn't have stopped Sanders. And these democratic insiders (I didn't realize every democratic elected official was some corporate stooge) are who Bernie would have to work with as president. These are the people that will be voting on policy and drafting the legislation and voting for his picks

you're just wrong! first past the post is a neoliberal conspiracy to keep everyone voting for two people. it's not like non-voting for someone you probably agree with 90% of the time puts more value on the votes of people unironically voting for a fascist

Just like they did in 2008

O wait.

This hypothetical sort of falls apart when this situation actually happened, with Hillary, in the last non-incumbent election

So tired of people who won't be affected by a white nationalist winning the presidency (or who think they won't be affected by it) pretending that the give fucks about stopping white nationalism. Those people are phony, frauds, fakes, and perfectly fine with white nationalists hurting minorities as punishment for not voting the way they wanted them to.

You are just wrong. My non vote for Hillary is not approval of white nationalism.

I already posted I support removal of caucuses too.

Doing nothing to stop it is just as bad as supporting it. Not everybody supported segregation and slavery either but they accepted it or didn't stand up to it.

It's unfortunate that this is the reality all of us are confronted with but it is what it is. Had this been Marco Rubio, or Bush, or Romney I would say fine do what you want.

Maledict

The nominee needs to be decided by voters. It didn't matter this time, but when it actually does matter it will be because the superdelegates are overturning the will of the people.

Take a good, long luck at the UK right now I would suggest. The leader of our left wing party being directly elected by the voters has crippled Labour utterly, and setting them up for their biggest electoral defeat since the party started.

Democratic primaries are a bloody awful way of choosing leaders.

remist

Bernie and Obama are not analogous, Bernie is a relative outsider compared to Obama. Regardless they shouldn't have that power.

Take a good, long luck at the UK right now I would suggest. The leader of our left wing party being directly elected by the voters has crippled Labour utterly, and setting them up for their biggest electoral defeat since the party started.

it's more messed up than that, Corbyn wasn't elected by Labour voters, but those who paid a fee to be a member of the party just to vote for him. The actual people who regularly vote Labour don't want him.

You are just wrong. My non vote for Hillary is not approval of white nationalism.

I already posted I support removal of caucuses too.

Cool, I have more patience for you than Bernie Sanders. You do understand that Superdelegates are largely a check to assure that minority groups within the party have a say?

And I would say a non-vote for Hillary is at least a half vote for white nationalism So, congrats on that front.

No we're past this now. Sorry. We had primaries, and things were up in the air, and while it looked like it was coming down to what it is now we couldn't be sure, and even if Trump won there was still some question as to how he'd run a general campaign, and everyone was understandably voting for their personal preference.

It's Clinton vs. Trump. No one else is going to be President. Trump has, like, quadrupled down on everything in the primaries. It's Clinton vs. a white nationalist. Not voting for Clinton is not technically approving of white nationalism but it is readily accepting the consequences of a white nationalist President, which is a distinction without a difference. Especially if you're not white.

Kusagari

The nominee needs to be decided by voters. It didn't matter this time, but when it actually does matter it will be because the superdelegates are overturning the will of the people.

This country was founded with various mechanisms to protect the country in case the population was dumb enough to nominate someone like Trump.

Those being eroded over time is the only reason we're here today facing down the nightmare.

royalan

That is exactly what your non-vote is. Complicity is support. Done with the coddling after the shit we have to sit through this week.

You have the power to help stop white nationalism, it wouldn't cost you a thing, and you are making the choice to sit it out.

Vote or not, your choice. But you don't get to feel morally superior about not voting. And you sure don't get to claim you don't support white nationalism. You do. #SorryBoutIt

remist

Doing nothing to stop it is just as bad as supporting it. Not everybody supported segregation and slavery either but they accepted it or didn't stand up to it.

It's unfortunate that this is the reality all of us are confronted with but it is what it is. Had this been Marco Rubio, or Bush, or Romney I would say fine do what you want.
Not voting for Hillary does not equal not doing anything to stop white nationalism. I can oppose it in other ways, I just won't vote for Hillary. As a candidate she crosses a line and I just won't be part of her mandate.

Bowdz

I'll be eternally grateful for whoever can edit this Terry Tate gif to have Kaine's face on Tate and Bench on the other guy. It'd be perfect pre VP debate.

latest

Not voting for Hillary does not equal not doing anything to stop white nationalism. I can oppose it in other ways, I just won't vote for Hillary. As a candidate she crosses a line and I just won't be part of her mandate.

How will you oppose it? Will you vote for down ballot to stop Trump from having too much power?

In what ways do you meaningfully fight against it? Saying you don't support it on a message board means nothing.

What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom