• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@daveweigel 5m5 minutes ago
Heckles as a Sanders superdelegate amendment goes down: "You’re killing us! You’re killing the party! You're killing our future!"

@daveweigel 49s50 seconds ago
BREAKING-ISH: Sanders delegates got enough votes on superdelegates amendment to force a minority report vote on floor, if they want to.

rFkJaiG.gif

Pretty impressive he was able to learn it in such short time
It's not difficult when you live there and do all your work in Spanish.

I learned while studying abroad and doing my entire junior year in Spanish (all classes, papers, etc).

It's not that difficult if you have to. Think of when the first explorers came to America. They learned fast.

@daveweigel 6s7 seconds ago
HECKLER: Listen to your voters!
BARNEY FRANK: What?
HECKLER: Listen to your voters!
FRANK: Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't listening to you.

Frank is savage.

Additional speaker schedule for DNC in alphabetical order (highlighting my favorites)

State Representative Raumesh Akbari (Tennessee)
Congresswoman Joyce Beatty (Ohio)
Congressman Xavier Becerra (California)
Columbia, SC Mayor Steve Benjamin
Senator Cory Booker (New Jersey)
Senator Barbara Boxer (California)
Congressman Brendan Boyle (Pennsylvania)
Congressman Bob Brady (Pennsylvania)
Governor Jerry Brown (California)
Senator Sherrod Brown (Ohio)
Senator Bob Casey (Pennsylvania)
Congressman Joaquin Castro (Texas)
Congressman James Clyburn (South Carolina)
Congressman Joseph Crowley (New York)
Governor Andrew Cuomo (New York)
Governor Mark Dayton (Minnesota)
Former Governor Howard Dean (Vermont)
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan
Majority Leader State Representative Crisanta Duran (Colorado)
Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham (New Mexico)
Chillicothe, OH Mayor Luke Feeney
State Representative Peggy Flanagan (Minnesota)
Senator Al Franken (Minnesota)
Congressman Ruben Gallego (Arizona)
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
Former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords & Captain Mark Kelly (Arizona)
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (New York)
Tallahassee, FL Mayor Andrew Gillum
Former Governor Jennifer Granholm (Michigan)
Congressman Luis Gutierrez (Illinois)
Former Senator Tom Harkin (Iowa)
Democratic State Party Chair Jaime Harrison (South Carolina)
Governor John Hickenlooper (Colorado)
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas)
Senator Tim Kaine (Virginia)
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
State Senator Ruben Kihuen (Nevada)
Senator Amy Klobuchar (Minnesota)
Congressman Ted Lieu (California)
Congresswoman Nita Lowey (New York)
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes (Kentucky)
Governor Terry McAuliffe (Virginia)
Congresswoman Gwen Moore (Wisconsin)
Senator Chris Murphy (Connecticut) (this will be your president in 2025)
Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom (California)
Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (Washington, DC)
Former Governor Martin O’Malley (Maryland)
House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed
Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (Nevada)
Congressman Adam Schiff (California)
Senator Chuck Schumer (New York)
Former State Representative Bakari Sellers (South Carolina)
Senator Jeanne Shaheen (New Hampshire)
State Senator Pat Spearman (Nevada)
Former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
Boston Mayor Marty Walsh
Senator Elizabeth Warren (Massachusetts)
Congresswoman Maxine Waters (California)
Flint, MI Mayor Karen Weaver
Governor Tom Wolf (Pennsylvania)

What an all-stars list. Really makes the RNC look pathetic in comparison.

Bernie didn't lose because of superdelegates, you fuckwits. Bernie lost under every possible system of allocating delegates.

And before you scream "but perceived lead at the beginning", see 2008 and shut your vote hole.

Bernie didn't lose because of superdelegates, you fuckwits. Bernie lost under every possible system of allocating delegates.

And before you scream "but perceived lead at the beginning", see 2008 and shut your vote hole.

Some Bernie supporters don't want to admit that his message didn't appeal to minorities and that's why he lost, so they look for every excuse in the book. This DNC email leak for example.

Hopefully the Bernie supporters force a floor vote on superdelegates. They really need to go.

Open primaries are a far bigger problem. I'd be willing to give up superdelegates if we also get rid of all open primaries.

As long as open primaries stay and party outsiders can help determine the candidate, superdelegates have to stay as protection.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Surprised and disappointed to not see Tammy Baldwin on any lists. Same for Russ Feingold.

It can't be complete. It's missing Obama for example. And Bill.

Bill better do a sequel to his 2012 speech. New numbers please.

Kusagari

I'd be fine with Bernie's push on this matter if he wanted to get rid of caucuses.

He doesn't, for obvious reasons, and it reveals what a hypocrite he is.

How many people have gotten super-pissed about things that have had no effect on real-world outcomes this election season?

Superdelegates
E-mails
Private server
DNC shillarys

remist

Open primaries are a far bigger problem. I'd be willing to give up superdelegates if we also get rid of all open primaries.

As long as open primaries stay and party outsiders can help determine the candidate, superdelegates have to stay as protection.

What about those registered with no party affiliation? As long as we are a two party system I think they should also be allowed to vote in primaries.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The nominee needs to be decided by voters. It didn't matter this time, but when it actually does matter it will be because the superdelegates are overturning the will of the people.

You do realize that the vast majority of Supers are elected representatives right?

Paskil

The nominee needs to be decided by voters. It didn't matter this time, but when it actually does matter it will be because the superdelegates are overturning the will of the people.

I don't want the lefts version of Donald Trump running for president. I also believe that when the time comes for the superdelegates to overturn the will of the people, it will be because the will of the people needs to be overturned. Tyranny of the majority, etc.

What about those registered with no party affiliation? as long as we are a two party system I think they should be also allowed to vote in primaries.

You are allowed to vote in primaries and in the general election. It is up to the political party to determine the rules for nominating their candidate.

It can't be complete. It's missing Obama for example. And Bill.

Bill better do a sequel to his 2012 speech. New numbers please.
These are the "additional" speakers. The prime time speakers are Birdie Slanders and Michelle Hotmama on Monday, Slick Willy on Tuesday, Barrack the Islamic Shock and Diamond Joe on Wednesday, and Killary and her demon spawn Killsea on Thursday. Also, the additional speakers list is not complete yet, although there isn't a lot of time to add people.

Headline speakers list:

Monday:
First Lady Michelle Obama, Senator Bernie Sanders and DREAMer Astrid Silva
Gavel time expected at 3:00 p.m.
Story Continued Below

Tuesday:
President Bill Clinton
Gavel time expected at 4:00 p.m.
Also scheduled Tuesday are Mothers of the Movement members Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

Wednesday:
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden
Gavel time expected at 4:30 p.m.

Thursday:
Hillary Clinton and Chelsea Clinton
Gavel time expected at 4:30 p.m.

After RNC ended up with Trump, why would anyone want to get rid of superdelegates now!?

There are plenty of ways to prevent a Trump type nominee without super delegates. I'd fully support getting rid of them.

The problem is that there's way too much institutional support for the way things have traditionally been done, in both parties. Iowa first, NH, etc. That needs to change. The demographics of the democrat party make it a lot easier to avoid nominating someone with no shot at winning, whereas the RNC's rules favored the rise of Trump.

IMO republicans need to take a hard look at the south and whether they really want states like South Carolina being so early in the primary process.

remist

I'd be fine with that too.

You do realize that the vast majority of Supers are elected representatives right?
So you are fine with them overturning the will of the voters in a hypothetical situation.
Are we still pretending like Bernie lost because of superdelegates?
Never said that.
Would that change be sufficient for you to oppose white nationalism, or would you expect more pieces of silver for that?
I oppose white nationalism, I just wont vote for Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom