• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
qqauIvf.png

His hands really are small.

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to pull the "He's not racist because he has black employees" excuse?

Or they think that JBE is the best they can work with in Louisiana because it's the most racist state in the union?

People in this thread have repeatedly called people like Manchin and Edwards white supremacists. People who should be smart enough to understand what that term means. They are claiming things as fact that are clearly nowhere close to facts, they are opinions that are dubiously formed at best.

And I'm not pulling a damn thing. I'm saying that if Edwards is a white supremacist as a matter of fact, like some people here have no problem claiming, then no one who has any kind of decency or morals should be working for him. Especially anyone who is a minority. But the reality is that he's not one and has a diverse group of people working for him because of that. I'm sorry that I don't just go with the flow and throw around terms like nazi and white supremacist, because I choose to do so when they are justified and based on facts.

People in this thread have repeatedly called people like Manchin and Edwards white supremacists. People who should be smart enough to understand what that term means. They are claiming things as fact that are clearly nowhere close to facts, they are opinions that are dubiously formed at best.

And I'm not pulling a damn thing. I'm saying that if Edwards is a white supremacist as a matter of fact, like some people here have no problem claiming, then no one who has any kind of decency or morals should be working for him. Especially anyone who is a minority. But the reality is that he's not one and has a diverse group of people working for him because of that. I'm sorry that I don't just go with the flow and throw around terms like nazi and white supremacist, because I choose to do so when they are justified and based on facts.

I feel like I've definitely said this to you before but use the quote function. GAF is not a hive mind, and you're always going to get replies like that because those posters aren't who you're talking about.

The governor of South Carolina literally attends a whites only country club which is about as white supremacist as you can possibly be but black Dems still try to work with him to get government to work in SC.

I mean, JBE had the ability to block a wildly racist law by getting his House Dems to fall in line and then vetoing the bill (the Dems had easily enough seats to stop a veto override).

... But he didn't veto the bill or encourage Dems to vote against the wildly racist law. He signed it into law.

And JBE's entire family is cops so he would have been able to defend vetoing this bill and leaned on his family experience or whatever. But he didn't.

This idea that black people won't work with white supremacists seems undermined by... Teddy Roosevelt and... FDR... and LBJ.

I mean, FDR put minorities in camps and was literally more racist to Jesse Owens than Hitler was.

And yet the NAACP worked on a lot of things with FDR.

I think Manchin and JBE should be allowed in the party because even though they don't like black people, their Republican replacements would hate black people and the poor, but BBB's arguments go against almost all of American history. Almost everyone in American political history has worked with people who hated black people or hated Asians or hated gay people or hated the disabled.

What pisses me off the most about this loose throwing around of well-defined and serious terms like white supremacist is that when the real one like Steve King comes along, you've spent so much time accusing people like Joe Manchin of being one that you can't convince people King is the real deal.

sphagnum

Banned
sitting here trying to talk about the Byzantines with my dad while watching Gladiator at my nephews birthday party and my brother in law's dumbass Trump voter dad walks in and says "so you guys hear about planet x?" and now I'm subjected to hearing him ramble about the annunaki and the nazca lines and how the Egyptians found the pyramids already built. "I watch a lot of the Youtubes, you know."

What pisses me off the most about this loose throwing around of well-defined and serious terms like white supremacist is that when the real one like Steve King comes along, you've spent so much time accusing people like Joe Manchin of being one that you can't convince people King is the real deal.

Oh yeah, this clearly happens. The reason that Paul Ryan is friends with Steve King is because Paul Ryan spends so much time on tumblr and gets mad at the lefties.

The white peoples in their 50s who didn't go to college and were Trump's base were clearly so mad about trigger warnings on college campuses in the 2010s and that's why they voted for the man who said Muslims were coming to rape their white women.

The fact that Republican voters like Steve King has to do with the fact that they don't care at all if someone is racist or they support racism. They consume no liberal media whatsoever and have no liberal friends... It has nothing to do with "man, I think the guy who voted for that super racist bill is actually racist."

How about this?

I'll use "white supremacist" to describe types like Steve King.

But I'll use "white supremacist appeasers" to describe types like JBE and Manchin.

Deal?

This is silly and not reflective of reality. No one defending Steve King is swayed by any of this.

So Bel Edwards isn't doing anything about this?

Of course he is. He campaigned on prison reform and prison reform is extremely bipartisan in the state of Louisiana because even though white people hate black people nobody likes being prison state numero uno in America. It's like winning the award for being the most unsightly zit on your preteen's oily forehead. Also, prisoners cost a metric fuck-ton of money a pop and even those run down shanty towns they call private prisons can't make up for the huge hole Louisiana is blowing in its budget "being tough" on nonviolent offenders. The primary opponents of prison reform in that state are definitely the district attorneys and police chiefs but nobody's stopping this train because back in March Bel Edwards set up a gigantic task force for robust and comprehensive prison reform and it's been steamrolling through the legislative committees faster than my fat diabetic dad devours a box of multicolored macaroons from the Walmart clearance aisle.

This was posted just last week: http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/05/louisiana_looks_poised_to_pass.html

You get a 10% reduction of prisoners right off the bat plus a big ol' bag of goodies aimed at making sure they don't go back to prison. Louisiana's actually doing all the things anyone could reasonably expect it to atm.

And if we're all still angry about black people working for free in the state government building, is there actually a state in this entire country that pays prisoners for labor? I can't think of one. Working in the state building is a huge opportunity for people that they can proudly put on their resumes when (if) they get out (assuming they're not horribly discriminated against for being incarcerated which we all know is going to happen). It's not great but all things considered I don't really care either and I'm not going to bust my balls over what amounts to a half (quarter) decent opportunity for inmates to prove they can reintegrate in society. Also, have you guys ever done actual outdoor work before in the hot sun? I'll take filing and tea serving any day of the week.

https://www.axios.com/trump-wanted-...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Trump wanted to veto bill to keep government open

Publicly, President Trump didn't seem overjoyed when, earlier this month, he signed a $1 trillion bill to keep the government open. Privately, his mood was much, much worse.

Behind-the-scenes: When the spending bill had been negotiated and finalized, White House chief of staff Reince Priebus phoned the former House Speaker John Boehner and told him the president doesn't like how the negotiation came out and is thinking about vetoing the bill. Boehner has told associates that Priebus asked him if he could talk Trump into signing the spending bill. Boehner said he would.

Ten minutes later, Boehner's phone rang. It was the President. Boehner made a couple different arguments to Trump about why he should sign the spending bill:

He told Trump he should be happy about the fact that he doesn't have to give a dollar of domestic spending in exchange for increases in military spending. And he got a substantial boost in military spending.
The most important argument Boehner made: the last thing you need right now is a government shutdown.
LMAO

I mean, JBE had the ability to block a wildly racist law by getting his House Dems to fall in line and then vetoing the bill (the Dems had easily enough seats to stop a veto override).

... But he didn't veto the bill or encourage Dems to vote against the wildly racist law. He signed it into law.

"Resisting arrest is not considered a hate crime under the legislation spearheaded by Rep. Lance Harris," Richard Carbo said in a statement. "The law clearly defines what is and is not a hate crime, and it appears that the police chief is inaccurate. Neither the bill's author nor the governor agrees with his assessment."

Here's the lettering of the actual law
"It shall be unlawful for any person to select the victim of the following offenses against person and property because of actual or perceived race, age, gender, religion, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or ancestry of that person or the owner or occupant of that property or because of actual or perceived membership or service in, or employment with, an organization, or because of actual or perceived employment as a law enforcement officer, firefighter, or emergency medical services personnel: first or second degree murder; manslaughter; battery; aggravated battery; second degree battery; aggravated assault with a firearm; terrorizing; mingling harmful substances; simple or third degree rape, forcible or second degree rape, or aggravated or first degree rape; sexual battery, second degree sexual battery; oral sexual battery; carnal knowledge of a juvenile; indecent behavior with juveniles; molestation of a juvenile or a person with a physical or mental disability; simple, second degree, or aggravated kidnapping; simple or aggravated arson; communicating of false information of planned arson; simple or aggravated criminal damage to property; contamination of water supplies; simple or aggravated burglary; criminal trespass; simple, first degree, or armed robbery; purse snatching; extortion; theft; desecration of graves; institutional vandalism; or assault by drive-by shooting."

Does not mention resisting arrest and no reasonable judge would consider resisting arrest to be battery unless you actually battered a police officer. And as with the application of all hate crime laws, the judge carefully considers intent. If I bust a guy's nose while he's trying to arrest me, even if I said "fucking pig", that would still be different from if I targeted two police officers sitting in their cruiser.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I get nervous when Trump doesn't do a career ending gaffe every day but then I remembered he is kissing ass and being beta cucked by the grand poobah of Shariastan and acting exactly like every other American president has to.

Wilsongt

I get nervous when Trump doesn't do a career ending gaffe every day but then I remembered he is kissing ass and being beta cucked by the grand poobah of Shariastan and acting exactly like every other American president has to.

He is becoming President before our eyes!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DATJF9vXcAABUdy.jpg

Oh man, this list. This has to be a joke, right?

Is it wrong that I'm annoyed about the 80 inch Sony "plasma?"

Also if it is real the KFC napkin thing is insane and it's amazing he is alive.

You can make beef chorizo pretty easily.

Xxxl?
Cool whip?

Not buying it

That has to be a joke

Specifically KFC napkins is a little hard to believe

It's kind of sad that's what I consider to be the silliest request and not the framed electoral votes map

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Fake. Biggest giveaway is the microwaves "unplugged" most if those jokes are not even funny.

That has to be a joke

Specifically KFC napkins is a little hard to believe

It's kind of sad that's what I consider to be the silliest request and not the framed electoral votes map
Haha the napkins I thought felt the most real out of everything. I can see someone developing a certain infatuation with certain napkins from somewhere. I know there are places where I hate the napkins from so I don't see why the opposite can't be true.

Edit:
Also the secret service isn't going to let the president eat from trays of unwrapped items (Oreos, cheese) purchased by others and provided sight unseen before they arrived. Don't be ridiculous.

4 hookers (half dead)
1 crossbow replica of Jofferys from game of thrones (must be working)
20 bolts (must say MAGA on them)
10 copies of Highlander 2: the quickening (unopened, collector's edition, must be collector's edition)
3 photos of obama (must be smirking)
12 golden darts (must say MAGA on them)

What's the point? The campaign is over, he will occupy the position until 2021 unless he is impeached or resigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom