• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaugebozo

I prefer this one.

kuQNFXR.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe a little suspect that it's an unverified account with less than 3,000 followers, but then again who knew RC Cola still existed?
I did goddamnit!

Official Cola of Little League Baseball.

Why does everyone sleep on Royal Crown smh

Hillary at tech conference: "They covered [my private server] like it was Pearl Harbor."

I can see the headlines from our "both sides" media: "Clinton Still Refuses to Accept Loss, Trivializes Pearl Harbor and Insults Veterans."

PBY

Banned
Hillary at tech conference: "They covered [my private server] like it was Pearl Harbor."

I can see the headlines from our "both sides" media: "Clinton Still Refuses to Accept Loss, Trivializes Pearl Harbor and Insults Veterans."

To be fair - she isn't helping anything by continuing to talk about this.

PBY

Banned
To be fair, who are the most hated Democratic politicians for the right?

Hillary, Pelosi and Warren.

Notice a pattern?

Yeah, people are sexist. Not sure that addresses my point that Hillary continuing to make excuses for her election L isn't helpful. Like, come on:

Greg Bensinger‏Verified account
@GregBensinger

"I take responsibility for every decision I made, but that's not why I lost," says Hillary Clinton, pointing at Russia, far right
#codecon

Yeah, people are sexist. Not sure that addresses my point that Hillary continuing to make excuses for her election L isn't helpful. Like, come on:

@GregBensinger

"I take responsibility for every decision I made, but that's not why I lost," says Hillary Clinton, pointing at Russia, far right
#codecon

Explanations are not excuses. The Comey letter and Russian interference had a demonstrable effect and cost her the election. I see no problem, logical or otherwise, in her saying that she made mistakes but shouldn't be held responsible for those external finishing blows.

PBY

Banned
Explanations are not excuses. The Comey letter and Russian interference had a demonstrable effect and cost her the election. I see no problem, logical or otherwise, in her saying that she made mistakes but shouldn't be held responsible for those external finishing blows.

The fact that it was even that close to fucking Trump means her team should be held responsible, sorry. Either way, I really don't think we need to keep going back to why she lost, not sure her bringing it up helps Ds going forward.

The fact that it was even that close to fucking Trump means her team should be held responsible, sorry.

Yes, they should be held responsible for the mistakes they ACTUALLY MADE. It shouldn't have been close. You win on that front. But remember that even with the mistakes that they made, she would've won if not for external events I mentioned. Her saying that those events decided the election is absolutely true.

kirblar

The fact that it was even that close to fucking Trump means her team should be held responsible, sorry. Either way, I really don't think we need to keep going back to why she lost, not sure her bringing it up helps Ds going forward.
She brought it up (to a small group, in a way that hasn't attracted any sort of mainstream national attention), you decided to highlight it and post it in the thread.

Crocodile

Recommended Reading:

The Bullshiter-in-Chief (why Trump lies, aside from being pathological)

Paris Accord better off without us? See this and that!

Black Voters Aren't Turning Out For The Post-Obama Democratic Party

Voter Suppression didn't help but it can't be the only explanation. Kind of annoying/worrisome to be honest.

To be fair - she isn't helping anything by continuing to talk about this.

This might be a good watch

To be fair, who are the most hated Democratic politicians for the right?

Hillary, Pelosi and Warren.

Notice a pattern?

You can add Maxine Waters to that list too. Which of course reinforces the pattern.......

PBY

Banned
Yes, they should be held responsible for the mistakes they ACTUALLY MADE. It shouldn't have been close. You win on that front. But remember that even with the mistakes that they made, she would've won if not for external events I mentioned. Her saying that those events decided the election is absolutely true.

Totally, completely agree. I just also don't love the Russia angle as the Ds primary message. I think that sometimes some of this Russia stuff obscures the things that will actually help Ds win going forward - e.g., healthcare policy.

PBY

Banned
She brought it up (to a small group, in a way that hasn't attracted any sort of mainstream national attention), you decided to highlight it and post it in the thread.

Its all over my twitter feed? And I wasn't even the first person to post it here.

kirblar

Totally, completely agree. I just also don't love the Russia angle as the Ds primary message. I think that sometimes some of this Russia stuff obscures the things that will actually help Ds win going forward - e.g., healthcare policy.
The Russia angle isn't the Ds primary message. They got the message loud and clear from the focus group stuff that told us Clinton's campaign messaging backfired in '16.
Its all over my twitter feed? And I wasn't even the first person to post it here.
It's not shown up on mine at all, you might want to reconsider the kind of people you're following!

Blader

Without reading these articles (yet), I think there is definitely an argument to be made that the Paris deal is better off with the US withdrawn from it than the US involved but not actively pursuing its target goals (which Trump would definitely do). As we saw today, the U.S. reneging on its involvement in Paris will help bolster the EU and China's own climate action projects.

Stop living in a bubble where you think America was never going to elect Trump and underestimate him as a result. It was never going to be as easy as we all thought, regardless of who his opponent was.

I thought the election popped that bubble for a lot of us

@GregBensinger

#codecon

She lost over 70 EV by 100.000 votes. She has every right to complain about the Russian disinformation campaign, although I don't believe it's the *only* reason she lost (focused too much on the opponent's character instead of policies) but when it's such a small margin between victory and defeat yeah it's hard to pinpoint exactly why she lost.

Also I don't think the whole email BS would've got the traction it got if it was a male candidate. Plus she was held to a higher standard because she was SoS and a former senator, and the media had no problem grading on a curve the Orange Dickhead.

Not that you don't have a point here, but omitting Obama in favor of Warren is a bit strange.

I think some in the right really hate Obama, but others like him as a person but hate his supposed policies (like Obamacare vs ACA)

Warren could cure cancer and people would still fucking hate her. That's why IMO she's a terrible potential presidential candidate.

Without reading these articles (yet), I think there is definitely an argument to be made that the Paris deal is better off with the US withdrawn from it than the US involved but not actively pursuing its target goals (which Trump would definitely do). As we saw today, the U.S. reneging on its involvement in Paris will help bolster the EU and China's own climate action projects.

Haven't some companies basically said they'll comply with the emissions targets because they figure that the next president will rejoin the Accord? Sort of similar to the net neutrality thing. Either the courts or the next Dem president will reverse it, so many companies might not bother changing much of anything.

PKrockin

CmSiSjW.png

October 28th is when the letter hit. Hillary plummeted in the polls over a story that turned out to be nothing, just in time for the election.

She had a lead of almost 6 points in the popular vote estimate at that point, down to 3.5 points by election day.

Blader

The election was always going to be close. Hillary and Trump have similarly low favorable ratings, the country is more polarized than it has been in decades, and we were just coming off eight years of a Democrat in the White House. As much as many of us -- including myself -- tried to fool ourselves into thinking a majority of the country wouldn't elect Donald Trump as president (well, I guess that's still technically true), the fact is any Republican nominee running for a president would have a historically built-in advantage over a Democratic nominee. There's a reason one party has only been able to hold the White House for 12 years once in the last 70 or so years.

Haven't some companies basically said they'll comply with the emissions targets because they figure that the next president will rejoin the Accord? Sort of similar to the net neutrality thing. Either the courts or the next Dem president will reverse it, so many companies might not bother changing much of anything.

Yes, companies don't make four-year plans, they make 10-, 20, and 30-year plans. They know what direction the market is moving in. So many businesses, as well as many states and cities, are going to continue along with emissions reductions and other climate initiatives regardless of what Trump says about Paris.

Recommended Reading:

The Bullshiter-in-Chief (why Trump lies, aside from being pathological)

Black Voters Aren’t Turning Out For The Post-Obama Democratic Party

Voter Suppression didn't help but it can't be the only explanation. Kind of annoying/worrisome to be honest.

This might be a good watch

You can add Maxine Waters to that list too. Which of course reinforces the pattern.......
would just like to say I appreciate the readings you periodically share

Teggy

Barron thought a redhead lady cut off his dad's head and posted a high quality picture on the internet. I guess. I mean, we should give trump the benefit of the doubt with a story like this. He's earned it, right?

PKrockin

The election was always going to be close. Hillary and Trump have similarly low favorable ratings, the country is more polarized than it has been in decades, and we were just coming off eight years of a Democrat in the White House. As much as many of us -- including myself -- tried to fool ourselves into thinking a majority of the country wouldn't elect Donald Trump as president (well, I guess that's still technically true), the fact is any Republican nominee running for a president would have a historically built-in advantage over a Democratic nominee. There's a reason one party has only been able to hold the White House for 12 years once in the last 70 or so years.
It's not reasonable to think Trump was destined to win the election just because of that. Poll averages didn't have Trump ahead of Clinton once in the entire election. I could just as easily say that any candidate with a moustache and a 4-point lead the day before the election is destined to lose because we haven't had a president with a moustache since Taft. It doesn't make sense. Polls ask people who they're going to vote for and those people take into account the fact that the candidate has a moustache and how long each party has held office. The party control factor is already baked into the poll numbers.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Barron thought a redhead lady cut off his dad's head and posted a high quality picture on the internet. I guess. I mean, we should give trump the benefit of the doubt with a story like this. He's earned it, right?
Were I to believe that it's a true story, I'd also have to believe that Barron is extremely dumb. So good work, again, Trump crew.

Not unbelievable that Barron's main interaction with his father is through Twitter.

Hasn't Barron been through enough? Luckily, he can be comforted by his father at the dinner table tonight...oh wait, he doesn't live with him and never sees him.

He's also the excuse for Melania and the fam staying in NYC, thus costing taxpayers >$100,000 per day in security detail. So I'm real torn up about him viewing an obviously fake photo on the internet.

PBY

Banned
Hasn't Barron been through enough? Luckily, he can be comforted by his father at the dinner table tonight...oh wait, he doesn't live with him and never sees him.

He's also the excuse for Melania and the fam staying in NYC, thus costing taxpayers >$100,000 per day in security detail. So I'm real torn up about him viewing an obviously fake photo on the internet.

Damn lol we don't have to do this.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/c...-nothing-during-2016-campaign/article/2624588

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lambasted the Democratic National Committee on Wednesday for not giving her enough help during the 2016 presidential campaign against President Trump.

Clinton told Recode's Code Conference that she received "nothing" from the DNC, adding that they were on the "verge of insolvency" and had nearly no helpful data operation.

"We set up our own campaign, had our own data operation. I get the nomination, so I'm now the nominee of the Democratic Party. I inherit nothing from the Democratic Party," Clinton said. "I mean, it was bankrupt. It was on the verge of insolvency. Its data was mediocre to poor, non-existent, wrong. I had to inject money into it."

The DNC was mired in controversy throughout the campaign, which culminated in the resignation of Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., as chairman during the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., for the Democratic presidential nomination believed the DNC was biased in favor of Clinton during the primaries.

Shh, Hillary. Shh.

Why? This is the best HC appearance in the last 3 years. She's making sense, being honest, and looking at stuff from all angles.

I don't want her self-flagelating at every public appearance.... and if she's invited to speak; she can.

Given how the election turned out, she has the chance of becoming the most relevant loser of a presidential election in US history.

What does this even mean? Also, no.

It means they usually all fade away because... well, they lost.

If the Trump investigation continues, and we find the depth of the Russia attack really made the difference; she won't fade away or become as irrelevant as... Mitt Romney or John Kerry were right after their loss.

We have presidents that were presidential losers so unless you're on board Hillary 2020 this is false.

Ah. my bad :).

Either way; my point is... she won't have to fade into the night because she lost.

People seem to think she should be making no public appearances or making any sort of fair post-mortems where she doesn't put 100% of the blame on failings she could've prevented at the time of the campaign.

When is Hillary going to shave her head and dress herself in sackcloth and ashes? To do anything less shows that she doesn't understand how terrible she is!

Blader

It's not reasonable to think Trump was destined to win the election just because of that. Poll averages didn't have Trump ahead of Clinton once in the entire election. I could just as easily say that any candidate with a moustache and a 4-point lead the day before the election is destined to lose because we haven't had a president with a moustache since Taft. It doesn't make sense. Polls ask people who they're going to vote for and those people take into account the fact that the candidate has a moustache and how long each party has held office. The party control factor is already baked into the poll numbers.

It doesn't make sense because that analogy is nonsense.

I'm not saying Trump was destined to win, I said any Republican was going to have a built-in advantage that any Democratic nominee wouldn't have. There is a not-insignificant bloc of voters out there who feel that the White House should change parties every eight years that makes the possibility of holding onto the presidency for three consecutive terms very difficult for any party. That's why it rarely happens!

Also, as Bad Nate repeatedly pointed out over the course of the campaign, those same polls also yielded an unusually high number of undecided voters, so I wouldn't say that party control factor was already baked in at all.

Diablos

CmSiSjW.png

October 28th is when the letter hit. Hillary plummeted in the polls over a story that turned out to be nothing, just in time for the election.

She had a lead of almost 6 points in the popular vote estimate at that point, down to 3.5 points by election day.
That image makes me so fucking angry and upset. We fucking had this. She had flaws and Mook wasn't that great but we had this. God dammit. I still hate Comey.

CmSiSjW.png

There are a multitude of reasons as to why Clinton wasn't a very good candidate, but this is probably the singular deal breaker that caused her to lose the Electoral College.

I'm still mad that Trump fired Comey but we could have avoided all if this if he didn't fucking troll the nation with that stupid letter of his. Fucking shortsighted prick. Helping Senate Republicans was more important than stopping Idiot Hitler.

Vixdean

Gotta love it, the liberals who value truth and science over all are totally unwilling to accept the truthful and scientific explanations for why Hillary lost because it doesn't fit their political narrative (Bernie got screeeeewed). I hope Hillary continues needling those people going forward, she's done more to advance their agenda than any living politician and doesn't owe them a goddamn thing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That image makes me so fucking angry and upset. We fucking had this. She had flaws and Mook wasn't that great but we had this. God dammit. I still hate Comey.

Even with the Comey letter, she would have won if Mook had even a tiny fraction of competence this time around. Even with her incredibly enormous baggage, decades of getting trashed by right-wing media, email server, sexism, etc., if Mook had tossed aside his arrogance, she'd be president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom