• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

I was going to say that too, but figured the voter ID laws in WI might be bad enough to insulate the state from whatever Dem-friendly demographic trends are happening in PA and MI in an election year.

That assumes Walker and the R legislature will still be around by then.

Sianos

Daily reminder for conservatives that when you demonize the concept of being respectful to others and project a schoolyard bully persona, you don't really have firm ground to stand on when it comes to defending your own precious fee fees. Freeze peach indeed!

I mean, it's not like it was an uncommon warning to hear either.

RusvWHv.gif

What precedence? The exception to free speech protection only covers calls to imminent action. If what she did did not call for imminent acts of violence, first amendment usually wins. Unless I am missing something in the content.

I'm not saying that Kathy's image would get her thrown in jail. But any time someone get caught publicly suggesting the killing of a POTUS it's basically a guaranteed visit from the Secret Service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

That's why she apologized.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
NYT is getting rid of the public editor position. Don't let the door hit your ass, Liz.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_592ec472e4b0e95ac1956706/amp
We are dramatically expanding our commenting platform. Currently, we open only 10 percent of our articles to reader comments. Soon, we will open up most of our articles to reader comments. This expansion, made possible by a collaboration with Google, marks a sea change in our ability to serve our readers, to hear from them, and to respond to them.

We will work hard to curate and respond to the thousands of daily comments, but comments will form just one bridge between The Times and our audience.
NYT is investing in a bigger comments platform? Uh, ok. That's certainly against common trends.

I feel so sorry for Barron Trump. It must have been the most difficult thing he's had to deal with in his life. The left should be ashamed, and I pray he doesn't get PTSD.

Daily reminder for conservatives that when you demonize the concept of being respectful to others and project a schoolyard bully persona, you don't really have firm ground to stand on when it comes to defending your own precious fee fees. Freeze peach indeed!

I mean, it's not like it was an uncommon warning to hear either.

This is exactly how I feel about the Kathy deal. Normally I would find that kind of thing over the top, but most of the people outraged by this are the types to bitch about snowflakes and learning to "take a joke". See; every single "he's telling it like it is!" moment during the Trump campaign.

PBY

Banned
This is exactly how I feel about the Kathy deal. Normally I would find that kind of thing over the top, but most of the people outraged by this are the types to bitch about snowflakes and learning to "take a joke". See; every single "he's telling it like it is!" moment during the Trump campaign.

I mean.... why does that matter? Like, are we shocked at hypocrisy?

We can still find it over the top.

Ogodei

I mean.... why does that matter? Like, are we shocked at hypocrisy?

We can still find it over the top.

Not shocked, just figure it's a "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" situation.

Kathy Griffin has always been grating and she knows it, this is just a plea for attention, but much like the alt-right feels about questionable things that piss off leftists, i'm willing to appreciate the rustled jimmies among the alt-right here as much as i think it was a dumb idea on Griffin's part.

Conservative outrage, hold on. There is a Trump take for that

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869972880485826560
Aaaaaaaahahahahaha. One for EVERYTHING. This law needs a name; Every Trump tweet or action has an equally appropriate inverse tweet. His acts of apparent randomness has be coined "Trump Razor"-- Whatever the dumbest possible explanation is for any Trump confusion or action is the most correct. On the Paris agreement, "because Obama" is the answer. Even the energy companies are behind the agreement, so claiming any pressure from Tillerson is useless. "Trump's Quandry"? How about "Trump's Dilemma"?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aaaaaaaahahahahaha. One for EVERYTHING. This law needs a name; Every Trump tweet or action has an equally appropriate inverse tweet. His acts of apparent randomness has be coined "Trump Razor"-- Whatever the dumbest possible explanation is for any Trump confusion or action is the most correct. On the Paris agreement, "because Obama" is the answer. Even the energy companies are behind the agreement, so claiming any pressure from Tillerson is useless. "Trump's Quandry"? How about "Trump's Dilemma"?

Trump's Equilibrium: For every action Trump takes, he has made a previous tweet decrying said action

Are Moderate Republicans Really Willing To Kill A Senate Health Care Bill?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-willing-to-kill-the-senate-health-care-bill/

Article that basically asks if we should really believe that the "moderate" Republican Senators are really gonna stop the Senate Trumpcare bill. No actual new information but it does bring up things we should be talking about.

I'll say it 'til I'm orange in the face: never trust the Media's Moderate Republican Darlings. They will always betray you. Give me a Manchin over a Collins or Murkowski any day.

kirblar

I'll say it 'til I'm orange in the face: never trust the Media's Moderate Republican Darlings. They will always betray you. Give me a Manchin over a Collins or Murkowski any day.
Confusing state GOP parties (which are moderate in blue states) w/ the national GOP is a big big big mistake.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Don't really mind that attack by Farron, in all honesty.

EDIT: This was in competely the wrong thread, by which I mean: come watch our debates, they're great fun!

Confusing state GOP parties (which are moderate in blue states) w/ the national GOP is a big big big mistake.

Right. Collins and Murkowski have a few token moderate positions (gay rights, Planned Parenthood), but they largely vote with the GOP on everything else, including energy, taxation, and, as we might soon see, healthcare. Yet those few moderate positions send the media rushing to declare them "bipartisan centrists" able to "get things done." We are not worthy!

Both sides-ism at its worst.

Lol man, the Dear Leader never makes mistakes. Trump is mad that everyone's making fun of him. This means that tweet about what covfefe meant was not in jest, but serious.

You can be a little cheeky when you only have a <5% market share

Maybe a little suspect that it's an unverified account with less than 3,000 followers, but then again who knew RC Cola still existed?

Round these parts in WNY a surprising amount of local restaurants have RC on tap. Usually the teeny little diner types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom