• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Exactly. You get a charismatic New Blood democrat to run that is too new to find dirt on, give them an experienced old, charming white guy as the VP on the ticket, and you now got yourself another Obama/Biden stew cooking.

Harris/Franken 2020
I'm currently Gillbrand/Franken because Gillibrand's political instincts scare the shit out of me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm currently Gillbrand/Franken because Gillibrand's political instincts scare the shit out of me.

I'm down with this. Sleep on Gillibrand at your own risk, she somehow manages to stay ahead of the national mood by a half-step at all times. It's like she's from the damn future or something.

A lot of nonsense from some people on this board. It feels like it goes in circles sometimes.
This is how I feel, and it's why I've stopped any significant participation in OT political threads since January or so. Same arguments with the same people or same type of people. To be fair, it's not even specifically a GAF thing. I think I've just grown exhausted with political discourse everywhere at the moment.

This is how I feel, and it's why I've stopped any significant participation in OT political threads since January or so. Same arguments with the same people or same type of people. To be fair, it's not even specifically a GAF thing. I think I've just grown exhausted with political discourse everywhere at the moment.
It's slowly happening to me too. It's just a lot of things happening all at once that it is impossible to keep track of now. And people on here won't let past transgressions go with people throwing things out and trying to relive that primaries.

I'm down with this. Sleep on Gillibrand at your own risk, she somehow manages to stay ahead of the national mood by a half-step at all times. It's like she's from the damn future or something.
If she is that in tunes with things then my guess is that she will not run at all. It won't be the right cycle for her.

Give me a Minnesota double of Franken/Klobuchar

Slizeezyc

It's slowly happening to me too. It's just a lot of things happening all at once that it is impossible to keep track of now. And people on here won't let past transgressions go with people throwing things out and trying to relive that primaries.

You shouldn't let Busters and Killarys get to you mate.

Pretty sure the entire city of Sacramento was thrilled to see Kamala go to D.C.
the sole black woman in the senate is already an icon. and rightfully so.

she's scary levels of politically savvy. Almost maybe approaching levels of Ann Richards savvy (probably the gold standard of female politicians) if this continues into the national stage.

Fedelias

the sole black woman in the senate is already an icon. and rightfully so.

she's scary levels of politically savvy. Almost maybe approaching levels of Ann Richards savvy if this continues into the national stage.

Hopefully we can bring her farther than just the Senate ;)

2020s got me excited honestly. Fresh faces and fresh ideas will be great in the primaries again.

Hopefully we can bring her farther than just the Senate ;)

2020s got me excited honestly. Fresh faces and fresh ideas will be great in the primaries again.
Kamala really came at the perfect time. At the perfect intersection of black girls rock, black feminism, and BLM at their respective peaks, a black female face is most certainly gonna gain traction among the black youth.

Plus, literally who hates Jamaicans. except maybe bahamians.

"How do I, as a women, run for Congress?

Without your voice being heard in Washington, the decisions we make aren't as good. I would urge women to consider public service. And if you want to run, give me a call. I'll help.
Future POTUS.

It is not good enough for someone to say, ‘I’m a woman, vote for me.'
Old white man.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Seconding the mention of Duckworth on the previous page.

I'm really hoping people are talking up Gillibrand as an ironic meme and not seriously.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not disputing the fact she's running, I'm questioning why anyone would unironically think she would be a good candidate!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you want not named Bernie freaking Sanders

So Duckworth or bust?

Just to clarify, are you asking me to order candidates by "most likely to win Presidential election", or "most in synch with Crab's ideal policy slate"? They're different responses.

She's a competent political chameleon, having established enough liberal credibility since her time as a Congresswoman and who unabashedly owns her past as being ignorant.

She'll have fundraising behind her.

She's physically attractive, which is seemingly important. Since that seems to be the main reason Liberal Icon and Unemployed Man are such a thing.

She stands as good a chance as any of the other wannabes.

So what on earth is Zuckerberg going to attempt? He is clearly preparing to run for some political office. Does he think he'll become a Democrat president in 2020?

He's posing for pictures with farm workers, firefighters and he is visiting 50 states.

pigeon

Banned
So what on earth is Zuckerberg going to attempt? He is clearly preparing to run for some political office. Does he think he'll become a Democrat president in 2020?

He's posing for pictures with farm workers, firefighters and he is visiting 50 states.

Zuckerberg is behaving like somebody who wants to run for President. If he wanted to be governor of California he wouldn't have to visit factory workers in Ohio.

Doesn't mean he will -- maybe he's pulling a Bloomberg -- but he's preparing for it for some reason.

Ecotic

Zuckerberg might just be doing his continuing PR offensive to assuage ongoing conservative fears that facebook was biased against them. If you remember there was the controversy about a year ago over facebook selectively pushing stories in the news section.

But it's also convenient that doing this is both in facebook's interest and for his future ambitions.

If Zuckerberg wants to be involved in politics, he should start by actually cracking down on fake news and encouraging other social media to do the same, not running for POTUS.

Like come on Mark. How can I trust you to deal with America's problems when you can't even fix Facebook's biggest problem?

I'm from Cali, and currently there's a lot of talk about LA Mayor Eric Garcetti running for President. He has a lot of momentum going for himself. Also, for awhile now our CA Democratic Party golden child is Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom, but he might just be more interested in being the successor to the governorship.

Eric is my guy. His political resume isn't long, but holy shit at the rest of it. It screams I will be president one day. Even Bill Clinton said as much. And I'm pretty sure if he wins a Senate seat next year and runs in 2020 he'll be Obama's guy as well.

Wilsongt

I guess we need to start researching rvery bad thing Gillabrand has said, done, or voted on since birth because as the arm chair political experts here may think she is running, but the RNC and extreme Bernie wing haven't started rumbling yet.

As soon as either of them get a wif that she might be interested in running in 2020 that smear campaign is going to be nasty...

I guess we need to start researching rvery bad thing Gillabrand has said, done, or voted on since birth because as the arm chair political experts here may think she is running, but the RNC and extreme Bernie wing haven't started rumbling yet.

As soon as either of them get a wif that she might be interested in running in 2020 that smear campaign is going to be nasty...
Everyone loves getting a whiff of their own Gillibrand.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
She's a competent political chameleon, having established enough liberal credibility since her time as a Congresswoman and who unabashedly owns her past as being ignorant.

She'll have fundraising behind her.

She's physically attractive, which is seemingly important. Since that seems to be the main reason Liberal Icon and Unemployed Man are such a thing.

She stands as good a chance as any of the other wannabes.

Her ny background means it is not possible she could build the credentials to appeal to the fringe. Forget it. Move on. She's a liberal who has fought for liberal causes both social and economic, but she also isn't going to be as liberal (or even as leftist) as many others and as the ny senator she represents Wall Street.

I'm fine with this and honestly would rather not go through the battle. Let's nominate what's her name. Nina turner.

Her ny background means it is not possible she could build the credentials to appeal to the fringe. Forget it. Move on. She's a liberal who has fought for liberal causes both social and economic, but she also isn't going to be as liberal (or even as leftist) as many others and as the ny senator she represents Wall Street.

I'm fine with this and honestly would rather not go through the battle. Let's nominate what's her name. Nina turner.
She'll be fine as long as she tells Wall street to cut it out.

Cook made ratings changes in 20 GOP-held districts just based on the healthcare vote.

http://cookpolitical.com/story/10342

3 from Lean R to Tossup, 11 from Likely R to Lean R, 6 from Safe R to Likely R.

A start, but we've still got a long way to go.

If we don't win the House back in 2018 I will cry and upload it to youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom