• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice Democrats? The fuck?

Is this supposed to be a Democratic Superhero group or some shit
It is the dumbest name imaginable.

I mean not that I think it's a good group so maybe the name is deserved, but why not be like the Social Democrats or the Old Dealers or something better than fucking Justice Democrats.

Blader

That's because they don't exist. I imagine if/when Republicans get stomped in 2018 you will see a wave of Anti-Trump Republicans crop up for 2020. Basically if Republicans lose 2018, they spend 2020 and 2022 rebranding in hopes of making a strong showing in 2024.
I think it's long past time we all accept there is no (good) rebrand coming. The GOP will only keep getting worse.

That's because they don't exist. I imagine if/when Republicans get stomped in 2018 you will see a wave of Anti-Trump Republicans crop up for 2020. Basically if Republicans lose 2018, they spend 2020 and 2022 rebranding in hopes of making a strong showing in 2024.

Alternatively, getting blown out can force them to double down because of self-preservation; can't survive without their base.

Moderate, establishment, and centralist Republicans lose their seats leaving the crazier right-wing Republicans mostly intact. They'll distance themselves from Trump, but use his tactics. I doubt that iteration survive for very long though.

I do see at one point Republicans are going to have a very serious debate on how to gain voters out of their base. I expect infighting from that.

I don't think joining the Justice Dems is a good idea for somebody trying to win a Senate seat in California.

There isn't a lot of love for Feinstein here from a "vocal" segment.

The same segment that supports movements like the Justice Democrats, thinks Bernie was "robbed", and that Syria/Russia are the neoliberal establishment trying to pull the wool over us.

Anderson Cooper 360°
(@AC360)
Pres. Trump "white hot" over Russia probe, Comey, prior to firing, source tells @JohnKingCNN cnn.it/go snpy.tv/2r1zfx2
This feels like its going to get much bigger than anyone imagined.

This feels like its going to get much bigger than anyone imagined.

we go live now to the president. mr. president?

27d1382206042392e48ac7a8046761e6e5667451.gif

pigeon

Banned
There isn't a lot of love for Feinstein here from a "vocal" segment.

The same segment that supports movements like the Justice Democrats, thinks Bernie was "robbed", and that Syria/Russia are the neoliberal establishment trying to pull the wool over us.

Feinstein does actually suck, but that doesn't mean Bernie could win.

Kusagari

Feinstein is honestly the kind of person I don't care about them trying to primary.

It's an 100% safe seat and she does actually kind of suck.

kirblar

I wonder if the most likely outcome isn't Trump resigning or being impeached, but Pence pulling the trigger w/ the assist from the Cabinet.
WaPo's approach is what I wished the NYT would adopt. They literally listed they got at least 30 individual leaks from the WH for their article on his thought process behind the Comey dismissal. Shit like that will enrage him and I love it.
WaPo>>>>>>>>>NYT. For ever and ever. NYT has always been overrated.

It's kind of crazy that Feinstein is running for another term in 2018. She'll be 85 when she runs and 91 when her theoretical term ends.

There's a lot of ambitious Democrats in CA looking to move up, though.

Barzul

I wonder if the most likely outcome isn't Trump resigning or being impeached, but Pence pulling the trigger w/ the assist from the Cabinet.

WaPo>>>>>>>>>NYT. For ever and ever. NYT has always been overrated.
Yeah I'm really considering canceling my NYT sub, like do I really need both? And I gravitate to WaPo a lot more.

GrapeApes

WaPo's approach is what I wished the NYT would adopt. They literally listed they got at least 30 individual leaks from the WH for their article on his thought process behind the Comey dismissal. Shit like that will enrage him and I love it.
That article is filled with so many little nuggets. The Trump people asking the FBI to investigate non criminal disclosure of information. Trump making an enemy of the FBI. Invanka being complicit again. The Trump folks didn't even know Comey was in LA! Talk of Nth level chess move of sending the bodyguard looking pretty dumb.

Blader

Just finished listening to Kamala on the last Pod Save America, and she was talking about Logan and her being an X-Men fan

Could she be our first comic book nerd president?!

Barzul

That article is filled with so many little nuggets. The Trump people asking the FBI to investigate non criminal disclosure of information. Trump making an enemy of the FBI. Invanka being complicit again. The Trump folks didn't even know Comey was in LA! Talk of Nth level chess move of sending the bodyguard looking pretty dumb.
Yeah stuff like Ivanka and Jared apparently being ok with it, was an interesting read, definitely the best writeup of the build up to the current mess I've read.

Kusagari

It's literally been a day and we're already getting leaks from across the spectrum.

Good job, Trump. You didn't just kick the hornet's nest, you set it on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom