• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
The Fine Bros. need to sue CNN for trademark infringement as CNN's evening programming is blatantly ripping off their REACT format.

pigeon

Banned
We're getting to the point where the attempts to cover up and slow down the investigation (read: obstruction of justice) may be just as incriminating as any 'smoking gun' evidence of collusion during the 2016 campaign.

I mean, if one person will testify under oath that Trump wanted the Russia investigation to end and fired Comey under a pretext to try to end it, that's obstruction of justice. And there are 30 people saying that to the Post.

SexyFish

Banned
Who else saw this coming?

815lG4x.jpg

Hello darkness, my old friend....

So instead of having one Deep Throat leaking to one news publication, Trump now has multiple Deep Throats leaking to anyone and everyone who will listen.

Someone make sure he doesn't steal the silverware on his way out.

Fun fact: Deep Throat went to high school about 20 minutes away from my hometown.

Between him and Frank Church Idaho's only positive legacy is taking on corruption in the 70's. Everything since then is Larry Craig and Raul Labrador.

I mean, if one person will testify under oath that Trump wanted the Russia investigation to end and fired Comey under a pretext to try to end it, that's obstruction of justice. And there are 30 people saying that to the Post.

The easier to prosecute and juicier crime would be destruction of evidence. Keep this pressure up and someone drills a hole in the wrong laptop.

Huge mistake for Trump to get rid of Spice

Spicer is a small, boxy dweeb that is so blatantly unqualified, so obviously unprepared to handle the job given to him, so prone to fuck ups that even when he verges on holocaust denial he's more pathetic than loathesome. People actually pitty the dude for handling the impossible job of defending Trump despite being so bad at it regardless. Whoever he is replaced with will likely be forced out even quicker than he was.

Who else saw this coming?

Shouty Spice's days were numbered well before this. He actually didn't do a terrible job considering the position he was thrown into last night. I don't see any Press Secretary lasting as long as Spicer has, it's going to be a revolving door of aides probably.

When that list of replacements was being read off, i almost spittaked when they got past serious choices.

Wait, was there a legitimate list posted? I saw like 4 people from within the IC that Sessions had meetings with today (also why is Sessions heading this up? Oh wait, fuck optics), but heard the rumor of Gowd-awful-y.

Ernest

Banned
As terrible as he is, getting rid of Spicer will just make this administration look bad. Again.

Press secretaries don't last that long, but they certainly last longer than 3 months, and getting rid of yet another guy so soon is just another show of the ineptitude of this administration.

"I know all the best people"... indeed.

The one question that I haven't seen someone ask yet. If the AHCA is so fantastic then how come they voted to make sure it didn't apply to them?

Spicer sucks at his job, but he's being asked to put out a forest fire with a squirt gun
Wouldn't most people have seen this coming from the get go? I don't pity him for pursuing the job when it was painfully obvious that it would be impossible to defend his actions. He chose to take this role.

Dems will have the biggest presidential field they have ever seen in 2020.

Honestly, good. 2016 suffered from there only being 2-3 realistic candidates, and it fed the Republican/Media narrative that Clinton was handed the nomination (granted she still got ~4m more votes in the Primaries). I still love Sanders (I'm from VT, deal) but he was a really unfortunate person to have in a 2 way race because he highlighted some of Clinton's messaging shortcomings.

Deputy AG threatened to quit but didn't, so he is still as guilty as Trump and Sessions.

He can appoint special counsel too, but he isn't doing that. And I really have no hopes for the Russia investigation unless an independent prosecutor is appointed.

Whoever the new FBI director is will slow down if not stop the Russia inquiry.

Deputy AG threatened to quit but didn't, so he is still as guilty as Trump and Sessions.

He can appoint special counsel too, but he isn't doing that. And I really have no hopes for the Russia investigation unless an independent prosecutor is appointed.

Whoever the new FBI director is will slow down if not stop the Russia inquiry.
Well they did change the story from being all about him to being trumps decision overnight...

Also republicans are still generally spineless, so I think a few more town halls like that might shake them into agreeing for the special committee

Well they did change the story from being all about him to being trumps decision overnight...

Also republicans are still generally spineless, so I think a few more town halls like that might shake them into agreeing for the special committee

Republicans also stick together. They want for years of Trump no matter what.

chadskin

The Economist interview with Trump and Mnuchin: http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript
Some people think this is a negotiating tactic—that you say very dramatic things but actually you would settle for some very small changes. Is that right?

No, it’s not, really not a negotiation. It’s really not. No, will I settle for less than I go in with? Yes, I mean who wouldn’t? Nobody, you know, I always use the word flexibility, I have flexibility. [Goes off the record.] [Our] relationship with China is long. Of course by China standards, it’s very short [laughter], you know when I’m with [Xi Jinping], because he’s great, when I’m with him, he’s a great guy. He was telling me, you know they go back 8,000 years, we have 1776 is like modern history. They consider 1776 like yesterday and they, you know, go back a long time. They talk about the different wars, it was very interesting. We got along great. So I told them, I said, “We have a problem and we’re going to solve that problem.” But he wants to help us solve that problem.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Pixieking

Banned
Ignore the word salad...

will I settle for less than I go in with? Yes, I mean who wouldn't?

should be quoted by the Dems over-and-over, in everything. Out-of-context it's great, and even in-context it's a stupid comment.

Xando

The Economist interview with Trump and Mnuchin: http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

But beyond that it's OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?
It is OK, because it won't increase it for long. You may have two years where you'll... you understand the expression ”prime the pump"?
Yes.
We have to prime the pump.
It's very Keynesian.
We're the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?
Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?
Yes.
Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven't heard it. I mean, I just... I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It's what you have to do.

Intellectual Donald Trump invents economic terminology already invented.

He is like the human version of Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom