• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am admitting of my own free will that I was wrong about John McCain as recently as this afternoon. Not sure how long I'll be wrong for, but credit where it's due tonight. Feast of crow. Perhaps he feels he can be his true and proper self now.
THEY FLEW MCCAIN ACROSS THE COUNTRY WITH BRAIN CANCER AND ALL THEY GOT WAS THE MAVERICK
He voted for the MTP, which now I really really don't understand, but we'll call it even for now.

DFzIMvEXkAAidje.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This McCain crow tastes pretty darn good!

Yeah, I have to write a Mea Culpa tomorrow, but at least it will be somewhat satisfying.

After over 10 years of marching lock step with the GOP, he actually held his own.
Perhaps the most shocking turn of events this week, and this week has been insane.

He voted for the MTP, which now I really really don't understand, but we'll call it even for now.

I honestly have no idea now.
Perhaps this really is the rumored deal with Lindsey.

broz0rs

You guys with Twitter accounts say something nice to Senator McCain or write an apology for shitting on him yesterday please

Special thanks to everyone who put in the fucking work in getting their message across. Holy shit.

There's a chance it can come back but, at least tonight, we can breath.

sphagnum

Banned
I am admitting of my own free will that I was wrong about John McCain as recently as this afternoon. Not sure how long I'll be wrong for, but credit where it's due tonight. Feast of crow. Perhaps he feels he can be his true and proper self now.

He wanted to troll them maybe?

tbm24

Well, McCain stuck to his guns after all his rhetoric these past few days. Hell of a rollercoaster. Tax Reform is going to be a hell of a thing to see.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess he really had a hope his party wouldn't smash this though and come up with a bipartisan solution.

teiresias

I don't know what their rationale was, but if it comes done to simply not trusting the House to do a good intentioned conference then I don't even know where you go from here.

Crocodile

I feel like I aged a year just this night *sigh*

Hopefully the parties can actually come together and improve the ACA and the GOP doesn't just sit on its ass while Trump sabotages the ACA >_<

Gruco

Banned
New holiday.

National Maverick Day.

Alternatively: National Mavericks and Moderate Darlings Day.

DEAN HELLER WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Only question I have for now is I know there was a Graham/some other GOP fuck bill floating out there that punted all ACA things to each individual state. So, any thoughts on what happens with that?

tbm24

I don't know what their rationale was, but if it comes done to simply not trusting the House to do a good intentioned conference then I don't even know where you go from here.
That idea was ridiculous enough, Ryan leaving room open to not bring it to conference sealed it.

sphagnum

Banned
So this will be the heroic finale when they make a McCain movie huh

then he will die in his bed surrounded by his loved ones as he bestows blessings upon them

Slizeezyc

Reminder: 49 Senators thought this process was a good idea -- Murkowski and Collins holding strong throughout proceedings is the only reason McCain even gets to take this final blast of heat.

(Again, for now)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a crow, drown it in brandy, pluck it, roast it at 500 degrees, and then shove the whole thing in my mouth over melted butter and under a napkin.

This is the classic French recipe for bunting, I'm obviously not endorsing actually drowning animals in liquor.

I.... can't.
He wanted to troll them maybe?
He's one evil motherfucker if that's the case. Er, in the good way. He's got 2 decades of the GOP shitting on him to make up for, so he has plenty of motive. Feast of crow, but I'll gladly accept it right now.

C'mon Trump. Fucking dare you to go after him. He's a war hero with a massive political reputation, terminal brain cancer, and you called him a loser for being captured in Vietnam. See what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom