• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
So I would like to reiterate my consistent support of our dear maverick john mccain, a beloved senator and independent thinker.

God, we needed this. After this week, we needed this. It'll be back. It's never over. But in this moment, I am euphoric.

tumblr_n5r62k1unL1ro5xweo1_400.gif

After this , I don't know. It was a huge embarrassment, no one really wanted to vote yes, and those that did got their scapegoats to blame its failure on.

They might decide to leave well enough alone.
Fuck, they should. They've been working on healthcare for 6 months and the best they come up with is a bill pulled out of their ass a couple hours before the vote, that they were only going to vote for so they could punt it down the line. What an embarrassment. McConnell should step down.

I'm still here till they closed the vote, although, given that everyone's sitting in the chamber right now, I doubt anything major will occur to shift where things go from here.

Foffy

Banned
My earlier remarks about John McCain being like Mega Man's Sigma still have some truth but now in the opposite way of what I meant days ago.

He always has a final form. ;)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so what now? Is McConnell going to try again tomorrow? What even happens at this point?

It's not dead until they start Tax Reform in complete earnest. But I don't know if they can do 50+1 reconciliation for it after this vote-a-rama thing.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
McCain could've saved some time and voted against the MTP.

Ironically, if this is where the whole ordeal ends, McCain did Democrats a favor.
They have all of these votes on record now.

teiresias

I've been pacing my living room for like half an hour, there's no way I'm sleeping tonight!!

And McConnell going in on the three will just make any future efforts even harder. After Trump threatening Murkowski and now Pence speaking against all three they will look puny if they fold on anything concerning ACA.

This was going to be McConnell's legacy.

His legacy would be spitting on the legacy of the first black president.

That's all. That's all the GOP has.

Fuck off, you miserable turd.

Slizeezyc

Wow. Fucking wow.

This has been a day PoliGAF.

I got a McCain avatar bet I got to pay up for now. I expect a PB and sardine sandwich to be on here tomorrow, or an IG post, or a Snap from those who know who they are and also lost the bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom