• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We knew Reince was pretty much gone.

So, the real question is:

Does he try anything with Sessions this weekend?

Ernest

Banned
How long's the average tenure for WH Chief of Staff?
(not including those who are interim or leave on their own accord because they're running for office or something)

Hopfrog

How long's the average tenure for WH Chief of Staff?
(not including those who are interim or leave on their own accord because they're running for office or something)

I think it is convention that they serve for a single term, unless they massively fuck-up in some way.

Edit: Looked it up, average tenure is a lot shorter than I thought, just 18 months. Priebus still way off from that.

syllogism

Yesterday Ryan said Priebus was doing fantastic job and that he believes Priebus has the president’s confidence. Priebus probably resigned within hours of that.

Preibus is party establishment (he was the GOP Chairman before he was appointed CoS) and thus was pretty much the GOP point man in the White House. So, yes, expect them to be pissed at this move (Kelly isn't even a Republican, he's independent). Suffice to say that this doesn't make it easier for Trump to get major legislation passed in Congress.

Paul Ryan and Priebus are friends.

Probably anyone still hoping the WH can help with their agenda.

He was chair of the RNC for six years. I would say there are probably a few.
Hard to imagine Ryan cares so much. White House has basically accussing him of treason but there hasn't been really any defense for him. Not like there has been for Sessions at least

Ryuuroden

Or to put it the actual way: The largest voter-base in the country that consistently votes was raised to be racist.

I know these people. I've been around these sorts of people all my goddamned life. They have no problem criticizing the police. They have no problem bitching to high hell when the police are harassing them. You guys should hear my dad talk about them. They're overpaid, money grubbing, just want to pull people over for stupid stuff, etc. He's on the village board there and constantly fights with them to try and cut budgets. He hates unions. They all hate unions, even police unions.

But all that goes away when black people have a problem with them. My dad has his "we back the badge" sign and blue lives matter flag. I've seen him complain about the same shit BLM complains about with regard to police harassment and yet when black people are involved it's "Oh then don't do the crime."

Exactly this. Its almost like police get carte Blanche to abuse everyone as long as they make it a point of killing enough minorities.

So why not just pick the mooch and be done with it? he's found his favored sycophantic hype man
IDK, Trump is an idiot? It'll be interesting to see the dynamic for sure, though.

What does how other White House staff found out about it have to do with the topic

He was fired. He was clearly forced out. His choices were to resign or get fired. This is common at this level of government in most cases. They chose to be nice to Preibus here and let him go out on his own terms. And really they didn't even do that, because generally he would announce his resignation first.

He fired Comey over twitter..

he is trying to get Sessions to quit by bullying him..

Yet Priebus quit yesterday and it didn't leaks out before this very moment.

Could it be possible that he didn't tell anyone besides Trump? He could have actually resigned late last night.
Could it.. sure? Do you think we wouldn't have seen it leak out over twitter beforehand? Everyone leaks everything..

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Could it be possible that he didn't tell anyone besides Trump? He could have actually resigned late last night.
It does seem absurd to think he wouldn't tell any of his staff he resigned and instead let them find out via Twitter.

boehner-drinking.jpg

syllogism

IDK, Trump is an idiot? It'll be interesting to see the dynamic for sure, though.

He was fired. He was clearly forced out. His choices were to resign or get fired. This is common at this level of government in most cases. They chose to be nice to Preibus here and let him go out on his own terms. And really they didn't even do that, because generally he would announce his resignation first.
He was absolutely forced out. I was only making fun of Ryan's timing.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Trump lashes out when he feels weak, and he always reverts to his favourite few targets. I guess it makes sense that eventually, if things aren't going well, he would return to attacking the establishment GOP.

Oh my god, I'm not expecting it because it'd be way too good to be true, but poaching Johnson would be a godsend.

Feingold come back, we still need you. (Yes he'd be a repeat candidate and I think the party should move away from that, but I heart Feingold and want him back in my life)

Actually that totally seems like a Trump thing to do. He dicked over McConnell in Montana (appointing Zinke), North Dakota and West Virginia (not appointing Manchin or Heitkamp, which would have created Likely R pickups). He clearly doesn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom